Motorcyclist killed in Zephyrhills when bike hits truck

Jan 18, 2009 Full story: St. Petersburg Times 10

Motorcyclist killed when bike hits truck A 19-year-old Zephyrhills man died Thursday night after being thrown from his motorcycle in a traffic accident on State Road 54.

Full Story
dustin remo bradham

Versailles, KY

#1 Jan 20, 2009
R.I.P Benjamin mower

YOU'LL BE MISSE GREATLY. YOUR IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER

SEE YOU SOON ENOUGH!!!!
noelle

Princeton, IL

#2 Jan 26, 2009
This has been really hard on our family. I wish people would realize there are more than just cars and trucks on the road. Please take the time to pay attention to all vehicles on the road.
R.I.P Ben Mower we love and miss you!!!
tyler

Palm Harbor, FL

#3 Feb 2, 2009
As I rider myself for 5 years I MUST address the last post. While I am very sorry for your loss one must take accountability for their OWN actions. As I have heard it, he was not riding within the limits of conditions. Again, sorry for your loss.
anthony

Zephyrhills, FL

#4 Feb 22, 2009
ben was not just a friend! he was brother 2 me n my brother lance ! we all miss our friend ben n love him! god called him home n god will call all of us home 1day 2 !! he is where god wanted ben n that in god home !! ben home safe now n he home 4 good 2 !

R.I.P BEN MOWER AKA KOREAN
anthony

Zephyrhills, FL

#5 Feb 22, 2009
ben was not just a friend! he was brother 2 me n my brother lance ! we all miss our friend ben n love him! god called him home n god will call all of us home 1day 2 !! he is where god wanted ben n that in god home !! ben home safe now n he home 4 good 2 !
R.I.P BEN MOWER AKA KOREAN
mark c

Gilsum, NH

#6 Feb 22, 2009
sorry to hear of your loss.Was on here looking for another motorcycle accident of neices fiance,air lifted to a hospital in the area.Also lived in dade city
Something not right

Dunedin, FL

#7 Mar 12, 2009
tyler wrote:
As I rider myself for 5 years I MUST address the last post. While I am very sorry for your loss one must take accountability for their OWN actions. As I have heard it, he was not riding within the limits of conditions. Again, sorry for your loss.
Wow, how refreshing for someone to state the truth, ACCOUNTABILITY....what a concept.

Since: May 09

Hazard,Ky

#8 May 7, 2009
Something not right wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, how refreshing for someone to state the truth, ACCOUNTABILITY....what a concept.
I live right down the road from where the accident was and it was not the cars fault, although I am very sorry for your loss it was his fault. he was driving that bike like a mad man out of control. Again I am sorry for your loss.
Mother of Benjamin

Zephyrhills, FL

#9 Nov 1, 2012
Tina BAker wrote:
<quoted text>I live right down the road from where the accident was and it was not the cars fault, although I am very sorry for your loss it was his fault. he was driving that bike like a mad man out of control. Again I am sorry for your loss.
----------
----------
You all have been saying how fast Benjamin was going and how he was not careful.. Let me get this straight for you all.
Benjamin was going under the speed limit and the reason he hit the tow truck because the truck driver had a long turn, which is illegal.
The truck stopped and go and stopped and go many times not knowing where to turn and that's when Benjamin was going to pass the truck.
He had all right to pass the truck according to the Police report. He was in a passing zone and the road was clear.
You might heard a loud noise when he started to pass cars. Even then, he was still going under the speed limit.
He had to make a quick decision and he headed for the rear end of the truck instead of hitting the front and that saved the truck driver from getting injured.
---
From the Police Investigation and their report, it was NOT Benjamin's falut but the truck driver's fault.
---
.. I miss him very much. He would been 23 years old now..
Theresa.
Money

Baltimore, MD

#10 Oct 22, 2013
I work down the road and for the city of zhills he was hauling ass if a semi is maken a turn he doing 10mph at most he had to know that a 60,000 pound semi was turn they don't make quick turns or it would flip over people truth hurts maybe some one will learn from these mistakes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Wales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rush Limbaugh: Today's GOP 'Is Filled With Mode... Dec 11 World Problems 1
Looking for female Rottweiler/lab/mix to breed ... Dec 10 kelscarriere 1
Purse parties: Woman sold fake designer purses ... (May '09) Dec 7 mlfddsbcglobalnet 46
avengers motorcycle club (Sep '12) Dec 5 Lake wales 44
Molly Tillman (Nov '10) Nov 23 carer 6
need sum Nov '14 conradvarn 1
Mary ann hatchet (spray) Oct '14 curious 2
Lake Wales Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lake Wales People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Wales News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Wales

Personal Finance