Man struck by truck, killed in Polk c...

Man struck by truck, killed in Polk county

There are 39 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 13, 2007, titled Man struck by truck, killed in Polk county. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A man walking in a traffic lane of U.S. Highway 27 near County Road 640 in Lake Wales was struck and killed by a pickup truck early today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#2 May 13, 2007
If she was driving under the posted speed limit why didn't she stop??? Because she is lieing!!!!!
Whatever

Deland, FL

#3 May 13, 2007
Does "Brenda Owens Spivey" sound like an illegal alien name to you, racist?
Whatever

Deland, FL

#4 May 13, 2007
fed up parent wrote:
If she was driving under the posted speed limit why didn't she stop??? Because she is lieing!!!!!
Lieing? Is that Chinese? It sure isn't English. I hope you aren't homeschooling your brood.

Could you avoid hitting someone who stepped out in front of your car? If they thought she had done something wrong, she would have been arrested.
jimbow

Austin, TX

#5 May 14, 2007
fed up parent wrote:
you're a fake reject!!
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#6 May 14, 2007
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Lieing? Is that Chinese? It sure isn't English. I hope you aren't homeschooling your brood.
Could you avoid hitting someone who stepped out in front of your car? If they thought she had done something wrong, she would have been arrested.
yes I could avoid hitting a person if I was driving to slow like she was and it wasn't raining. Because I watch the road and not play with my cell phone in the car or the radio. I'm sure your one of those that has to be on the cell phone when driving and you can't do two things at the same time either. And how do you spell lieing?
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#7 May 14, 2007
jimbow wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a fake reject!!
what? never mind to many drugs I can see that already so don't answer I don't want to wear out your little brain by straining it.
Whatever

Deland, FL

#8 May 14, 2007
fed up parent wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I could avoid hitting a person if I was driving to slow like she was and it wasn't raining. Because I watch the road and not play with my cell phone in the car or the radio. I'm sure your one of those that has to be on the cell phone when driving and you can't do two things at the same time either. And how do you spell lieing?
I spell it correctly-- "lying". I also spell "too" as in "too slow" correctly. You see, I am a multitasker. I can think and type at the same time. You ought to try it sometime!
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#9 May 14, 2007
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I spell it correctly-- "lying". I also spell "too" as in "too slow" correctly. You see, I am a multitasker. I can think and type at the same time. You ought to try it sometime!
So your answer is yes you drive and talk on the phone and play with your radio. I hope you don't have kids because your going to kill someone and I hope its only yourself and not a child. So try watching for red lights or is that to much for you to do that makes three!!!
Whatever

Deland, FL

#10 May 14, 2007
fed up parent wrote:
<quoted text>
So your answer is yes you drive and talk on the phone and play with your radio. I hope you don't have kids because your going to kill someone and I hope its only yourself and not a child. So try watching for red lights or is that to much for you to do that makes three!!!
Nice run on sentences! I hope you don't have kids because if you do, they are probably even less educated than you are. If your little cretins stay out of the street, they won't get hit.

Here's a book that might help you express yourself properly:

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/...
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#11 May 16, 2007
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice run on sentences! I hope you don't have kids because if you do, they are probably even less educated than you are. If your little cretins stay out of the street, they won't get hit.
Here's a book that might help you express yourself properly:
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/...
I see you must of read it quit a lot your name is all over it. IDIOT!!!!!!!!!! sorry I mean (DUMMY)!!!!
Monserrates Son

Williston, FL

#12 May 16, 2007
How can the Sheriff's office come to a conclusion so quickly? The driver was driving under the speed limit? How was this determined if the police weren't even there. A full investigation needs to be made.
Some facts you don't know: My father was picked up at 1:00am by the sheriffís office and dropped off more than 40 miles away from his home.(In the middle of nowhere) The deputy should have detained him or dropped him off at home. Especially since they checked his ID card and possibly found him to be incoherent.
He wasn't on drugs and doesn't drink.
The driver of the truck that killed my father works for the Florida Police Department. Something is wrong here? An automatic judgment is being made with no evidence.
My father is not an illegal alien and has worked for this country for more than 40 years and has never received any benefits, i.e. welfare. Unlike a large percentage of this population that leeches on gov't services, my father did not.
Please e-mail me if you have any additional information about this case at [email protected]
This was a tragedy and not a accident. There is a lot not being said and things being covered up. But God will tell the truth and all will see.
Wilferd

Austin, TX

#13 May 16, 2007
fed up parent wrote:
<quoted text>
what? never mind to many drugs I can see that already so don't answer I don't want to wear out your little brain by straining it.
How rude and inappropriate during a time of mourning!
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#14 May 16, 2007
Monserrates Son wrote:
How can the Sheriff's office come to a conclusion so quickly? The driver was driving under the speed limit? How was this determined if the police weren't even there. A full investigation needs to be made.
Some facts you don't know: My father was picked up at 1:00am by the sheriffís office and dropped off more than 40 miles away from his home.(In the middle of nowhere) The deputy should have detained him or dropped him off at home. Especially since they checked his ID card and possibly found him to be incoherent.
He wasn't on drugs and doesn't drink.
The driver of the truck that killed my father works for the Florida Police Department. Something is wrong here? An automatic judgment is being made with no evidence.
My father is not an illegal alien and has worked for this country for more than 40 years and has never received any benefits, i.e. welfare. Unlike a large percentage of this population that leeches on gov't services, my father did not.
Please e-mail me if you have any additional information about this case at [email protected]
This was a tragedy and not a accident. There is a lot not being said and things being covered up. But God will tell the truth and all will see.
It seems like there is to many questions that need answering more than what your saying. Like how do you know a Deputy dropped him 40 miles from his home in the middle of no where. And if he wasn't drinking at 1am why was he stopped in the beginning.
But you do have my prayers and may god give you the answers your seeking.
Whatever

Deland, FL

#15 May 16, 2007
fed up parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you must of read it quit a lot your name is all over it. IDIOT!!!!!!!!!! sorry I mean (DUMMY)!!!!
You're not even capable of composing a short message without making several errors... Tragic! A mind is a terrible thing to waste on sludge like you.
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#16 May 16, 2007
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even capable of composing a short message without making several errors... Tragic! A mind is a terrible thing to waste on sludge like you.
To bad you don't have a life! So you have to just look for people you think you can put down. Your name says it all anyway thats how the young talk they just say (whatever). Because there brain can't think of how to solve a problem.
Monserrates daughter

New York, NY

#17 May 16, 2007
First my father is a person with respect for all living things, and receives respect to the fullest from all who know him and love him. He was a hard working man since the age of 14 years old at the same company for 45 years until 2004 in Manhattan New York. He moved to Florida to enjoy some peaceful life which was hard for him to do because my mother died in 1982 and he never married again because of his beliefs. He was a kind man to all always giving, caring, and a great support to all that has past his path. Everyone knows my father as Jose or Papi. My father made many people happy, and laugh. He is known in our neighborhood for cooking good food every Saturday since my mother died for all friends in the neighborhood, and never asked for anyone to chip in money or help. He is known for making limbesí a Spanish coconut icy with cinnamon on top for everyone in the neighborhood who knew him. He spent his money on everyone because he loved everyone. My father is known for many good things, and good times, but none were bad. My father decided to go to his in-laws house to spend some time with them. He did not walk there he was on a bicycle when he was coming home. He was stopped for no reason by the sheriff and his ID was checked. Why did they drop my father off so far from home? Obviously they found nothing to be concerned about since they let him go. He didnít take drugs, and was not drunk or else they would have to take him in. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO YOU ALL. He was stopped for no reason. If it was routine fine but think why an hour later my father was hit by a car when he should have been home by this time. Also he was hit on his bike why do people keep saying he jumped in front of her car. My father doesnít have mental problems. Why wasnít the bike in the story? Also my father is not in her lane, and the skid marks at the scene show she had set the breaks a long distance before hitting my father, and then dragged him a long distance. His sandal was so far away from the scene, and mangled. It looks like she was hurrying to get home, either she was on a cell phone, or nodded out from being tired but she had plenty of time to stop IF SHE WAS GOING THE SPEED LIMIT OR LESS. Everything is based on her hear say. Who will speak on the behalf of my father? Where are some facts, and why my family wonít get the right complete information from the law? We are suffering his lost greatly. What is worse is that we canít even bury him with the respect that he deserves because the expenses are overwhelming. My father should get the respect that he deserves. The case needs to be scrutinized. What is wrong is wrong, and what is right is right. My father had no justice at all. We will try to get some justice for my father, and if the legal system fails us, A MORE POWERFUL SOURCE WILL FOLLOW. We will leave it in Godís hands. But to the people out there who really care what if it was your kin? Any day at any time at any age or race someone negligently takes their life away, would you like if their story was the basis for your loved ones case or would you want the truth, and justice for them. I want the truth. My heart canít go on knowing what is not true. If anyone knows anything Please contact me at
[email protected]

http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm...
concerned user

Seaside Park, NJ

#18 May 16, 2007
Aren't all drivers involved in an accident required to submit to an immediate drug/alcohol test? Where is the toxicology report?
concerned user

Seaside Park, NJ

#19 May 16, 2007
I don't know what kind of backward police department this polk county sheriff office is but in New York City the police follow procedures. Why wasn't there a toxicology report released? Why no autopsy? Not even a coroner examination?

Why is the sheriff's office spokesperson stressing that the driver "was unable to avoid the man", doesn't seem like the sheriff's office is remaining objective in this situation. The sheriff's office seems pretty determined not to fault the driver.

Considering the accident took place barely a day ago I expected the police to still be investigating this tragedy and not to be so quick to make a haste determination.

There will be a full investigation done.
Monserrates daughter

New York, NY

#20 May 16, 2007
http://searchresults.myspace.com/index.cfm...

I just started an account for me to remember my father. You can email me here with any information you may have. I need to get some sleep before I get weak.
fed up parent

Maitland, FL

#21 May 17, 2007
Monserrates daughter wrote:
First my father is a person with respect for all living things, and receives respect to the fullest from all who know him and love him. He was a hard working man since the age of 14 years old at the same company for 45 years until 2004 in Manhattan New York. He moved to Florida to enjoy some peaceful life which was hard for him to do because my mother died in 1982 and he never married again because of his beliefs. He was a kind man to all always giving, caring, and a great support to all that has past his path. Everyone knows my father as Jose or Papi. My father made many people happy, and laugh. He is known in our neighborhood for cooking good food every Saturday since my mother died for all friends in the neighborhood, and never asked for anyone to chip in money or help. He is known for making limbesí a Spanish coconut icy with cinnamon on top for everyone in the neighborhood who knew him. He spent his money on everyone because he loved everyone. My father is known for many good things, and good times, but none were bad. My father decided to go to his in-laws house to spend some time with them. He did not walk there he was on a bicycle when he was coming home. He was stopped for no reason by the sheriff and his ID was checked. Why did they drop my father off so far from home? Obviously they found nothing to be concerned about since they let him go. He didnít take drugs, and was not drunk or else they would have to take him in. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO YOU ALL. He was stopped for no reason. If it was routine fine but think why an hour later my father was hit by a car when he should have been home by this time. Also he was hit on his bike why do people keep saying he jumped in front of her car. My father doesnít have mental problems. Why wasnít the bike in the story? Also my father is not in her lane, and the skid marks at the scene show she had set the breaks a long distance before hitting my father, and then dragged him a long distance. His sandal was so far away from the scene, and mangled. It looks like she was hurrying to get home, either she was on a cell phone, or nodded out from being tired but she had plenty of time to stop IF SHE WAS GOING THE SPEED LIMIT OR LESS. Everything is based on her hear say. Who will speak on the behalf of my father? Where are some facts, and why my family wonít get the right complete information from the law? We are suffering his lost greatly. What is worse is that we canít even bury him with the respect that he deserves because the expenses are overwhelming. My father should get the respect that he deserves. The case needs to be scrutinized. What is wrong is wrong, and what is right is right. My father had no justice at all. We will try to get some justice for my father, and if the legal system fails us, A MORE POWERFUL SOURCE WILL FOLLOW. We will leave it in Godís hands. But to the people out there who really care what if it was your kin? Any day at any time at any age or race someone negligently takes their life away, would you like if their story was the basis for your loved ones case or would you want the truth, and justice for them. I want the truth. My heart canít go on knowing what is not true. If anyone knows anything Please contact me at
[email protected]
http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm...
It sounds like your father was a very good person plus it does seen like the sheriffs dept. is just trying to dismiss this case. Don't let them! Keep fighting for justice and the truth. I'll pray you find the answers you seek.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Wales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
avengers motorcycle club (Sep '12) Aug 28 this site is for ... 49
Men and Dating....Why do they think the way the... (Feb '09) Aug 21 dannycentralfla48 3
News Crime report for Tuesday, June 30 (Aug '09) Aug 11 Michelle 2
News Frustrated Florida man slams himself into side ... Jul '15 DILF 7
Review: Kathy's Kiddie Korner Jul '15 google user 1
the ring Jul '15 stinkygoat 1
i need a ride Jun '15 Kentucky Girl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Wales Mortgages