Florida's Natural launching campaign against imported orange juice

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Florida was the undisputed leader in oranges and orange juice for more than a century before Brazil claimed the title not that many years ago.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
NativeFLgirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

This is the only brand I purchase. Remember when we were children we had seasonal fruits and veggies - that is the way it should be - NAFTA can go to hell.
Phil

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

That loud sucking noise you just heard was all the jobs in the citrus industry, from people who pick the fruit to the people who work in the plant to the people who work in the office's jobs all going somewhere south of the border (way south).

Guess who pays! YOU do! They've just been dumped onto uneployment rolls. Who pays for unemployment compensation? YOU do!'Nuff said.
Geography lesson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Try thinking very hard and you'll see the relationship. Think tomato from Mexico.
That is still not what this article is about. This is about oranges and orange juice. Try reading the article before commenting.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Sick of it All wrote:
Maybe we would not have to import oranges from other countries if we prevent our orange groves from being destroyed by land developers.
What an excellent statement!
florida native

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Having been raised on a citris farm in Florida, it's sad to see what has happened to the industry. Our politicians have sold us out to the cheapest labor in the world. Plant orange tree's not sub-divisions. This state has been trashed so much with developement, along with it's pollution, crime and traffic.
Geography lesson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly who put you in charge of what comments are allowed, you idiot. You're too stupid to understand the relationship between imported oranges (a fruit...not unlike you...a fruit) and the tomato(a fruit).
For an expert in geography, you don't seem to know your asss from a hole in the ground.
Mind your own damn business and stop trying to moderate the board, dipshittt.
I won't be here again so you'll have to hold your last biting comment in. Too bad.
Wow! Why all the anger and hatred? I'm sorry you can only sit here and throw meaningless insults rather than actually discussing the topic at hand.
Geography lesson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

Sick of it All wrote:
Maybe we would not have to import oranges from other countries if we prevent our orange groves from being destroyed by land developers.
Excellent point!
Typical

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2007

I only buy OJ that uses Florida oranges. I'd rather pay a little more and support our local citrus industry. It's better to have orange groves than housing developments! Remember why the county was named ORANGE COUNTY???

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

Then vote -- and not for developers -- regardless of party
Typical

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

LORAX wrote:
Then vote -- and not for developers -- regardless of party
I'm a "super voter", but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference who I vote for-- they're all in the pockets of the developers and the ones who aren't never win.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a "super voter", but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference who I vote for-- they're all in the pockets of the developers and the ones who aren't never win.
Sure if you continue to vote the status quo or "main" party. Your right, both the Dems and the GOP have no interest what so ever in representing every day citizens. There are alternatives and those parties could certainly use super voters. Until people stop playing the game by their (status quo) rules then nothing will change. District 34 just had a chance and a whole 6.3% showed up to vote - thats why the developers or the money continues to win.
kristen

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2007

check out some of the videos Florida's Natural just released - quite funny! http://www.youtube.com/user/floridasnaturalbr...
DLowe

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

Agree with you. My 7 year old was quite found of them until we discovered they were made in China. She suggested they should change the name to China's Natural and further suggested that the company was lying about Florida. She is not far from the truth and we are not buying this product until we see Made in USA. My 7 year old understands why we cannot consume food made from the same country that makes our plastics etc.. without any environmental restraints.
Unbelievable wrote:
I find it funny that this company is pretending to be against imports, because the Florida Natural's fruit juice snacks are made in CHINA. I purchased a box recently and was surprised when I noticed the label said Made in China. How can something called Florida Natural's be made in China?

Since: Jan 08

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

Most people want to see US OJ. We need to hammer that message to the corporations that are trying to sneak it into out diets (just to help the EBITDA). Unacceptable.
Typical wrote:
I only buy OJ that uses Florida oranges. I'd rather pay a little more and support our local citrus industry. It's better to have orange groves than housing developments! Remember why the county was named ORANGE COUNTY???
floridalover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2008

I have never liked racisim, even under the guise of consumer information. What will happen when the Brazilians ask the world to boycott Florida goods.
Eric Goff

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

uh folks, the back of my juice reads:

"Made in china, imported in NJ"

where does Florida come into it ?
Bill Lauer

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

I'm all for domestic orange juice. Not so keen on the industry practices (not just Florida): http://www.antiagingjournal.org/orange-juice-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Wales Discussions

Search the Lake Wales Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 52 min scott getting more blood 2,612
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 18 hr Not True 1,785
Review: At Your Service Eats Apr 6 Dick and Joyce Loupe 1
Riot At FL Juvenile Detention Facility Injures ... (Aug '13) Apr 4 get a job greesy 12
help i need cure for cancer Apr 3 brown joe 1
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Mar 28 a quest by jA jA 2,066
New to Winter Haven Mar '14 TrueBlue 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake Wales Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lake Wales People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••