LISTEN: Sen. Suzi Schmidt won't step down after 911 tapes

Oct 5, 2011 Full story: WLS-AM Chicago 20

Embattled State Sen. Suzi Schmidt won't be stepping down before her re-election bid in 2012 amid the release of 911 tapes that recorded a domestic argument with her husband.

Full Story
Karen Balinski

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 12, 2011
Stay put Senator Suzi. You're an accomplished and dedicated political servant. This is a private issue and should not be on our radar.
Maverick

Batavia, IL

#2 Oct 12, 2011
Karen Balinski wrote:
Stay put Senator Suzi. You're an accomplished and dedicated political servant. This is a private issue and should not be on our radar.
She is a disgrace and should still step down. She abused her power knowing what she did was wrong and expects special treatment because of who she was in the past (Lake County Board Chairwoman) and now a state senator. Nobody gives a rats a$$ who she was then and now. The people have zero tolerance for crap like this. The everyday Joe citizen would not be able to get away with this b.s. and neither should she. Had it been anyone else especially a Democrat (by the way I'm Republican) or any other person who doesn't have 'connections' you can bet an arrest would have happened. She is crooked and so is the States Attorneys office. Her friend State Rep Joanne Osmond is all for her staying cause she is just as crooked--I remember last year with the Antioch Police Chief Forester fiasco the Lake County States Attorneys office found no issues with him either....gee I wonder why???? The Lake County States Attorneys office is famous for cover ups and the entire office is handled half a$$ed. Yet it is a known fact that many people including police officers that worked under Forester at the time couldn't stand him and after all was said and done Chief Forester (Osmonds) other buddy was found to be the idiot of all idiots. He had plenty of people that eventually came forward about what a jerk Forester was to his own officers. Remember it is not always as it seems on the outside, he was not Mr. Nicey Nice, he was an absolute jekyl and hide in other words a complete imbecile and Suzi Schmidt is no different. I notice an anger management trend here. The Village of Antioch got rid of Forester as a Chief and the Village is much better off cause the new chief (Somerville) has run circles around Forester in the first 6 months alone of him becoming chief. Now if Suzi Schmidt wants to stay and not step down like she rightfully should and runs for re-election, the voters will remember this fiasco and her abuse of power (heck she rammed her car into her husbands) and vote her out....She is damaged goods now and she can't redeem herself in the eyes of the voters cause even though she made a mistake she knew it and still went ahead with it anyway. There is no way I would want someone like that representing me. I don't condone her husband cheating on her, that is also wrong, but the way she knowingly went about it is still no excuse. Politicians/Police Chiefs etc. are to be held to a higher standard and should be held accountable and should set an example for the rest of us and she failed her constituents miserably. Even if this never happened I question her judgement as a senator and so far I am not impressed. She should step down or vote her out period (vote her do nothing buddy Osmond) out too!!!!
A Voter

AOL

#3 Oct 12, 2011
Karen's a idiot. The way you handle your private )life is a picture of how you deal and think of other people.I mean look at all the clout she THINKS she has. She's a bigger idiot than Karen if she thinks they (911) should ignore a call just because she say's so. What a wasted vote she was.Wait until nhe next election, that will be fun to watch.
Wizard

Batavia, IL

#4 Oct 12, 2011
She needs to step down and her own party should have made it happen. She lost my vote for sure. I totally agree with Maverick and Voter.
A hole Watch

Antioch, IL

#5 Oct 12, 2011
She needs to stay in office because her and her use-less friend Osmond are not done fu**ing us voters yet. Have to agree with voter , what a bunch of wasted votes. But not from me , I also can't wait for the next election.
Clean house

Round Lake, IL

#6 Oct 13, 2011
A hole Watch wrote:
She needs to stay in office because her and her use-less friend Osmond are not done fu**ing us voters yet. Have to agree with voter , what a bunch of wasted votes. But not from me , I also can't wait for the next election.
I agree and the sooner we get rid of the other stooge Hansen the better off the whole area will be.
News Reader

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 13, 2011
Karen Balinski wrote:
I agree that her marital issues are a private matter and none of our business. Good Lord, try finding anyone in this day and age that can't be found fault with somewhere!

HOWEVER, she clearly tried to abuse her "power". That I take issue with. And for that, she should be held accountable. She's lost my vote.
really

Round Lake, IL

#8 Oct 13, 2011
Recently I contacted Schmidt, Sandi Cole and Deadbeat Joe Walsh over an issue. Cole and even ol Deadbeat responded. Schmidt's office didn't answer, and in 10 days has not returned my call. Fat cow is too busy beating up her hubby to do her "job". Vote her OUT.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#9 Oct 13, 2011
i'm kinda with News Reader on this one.
She needs to be held accountable for that 911 call.
That clearly was an attempt at abusing her power.
But having said that throwing her out of office over it seems extreme for the crime.
Bill Clinton lied to FEDERAL Proscutors and stayed in office.
So where is the guide posts in personal lives in politics ?
Hopefully she can stay in office and pay a fine.
Then let the voters decide her fate at the next election.
Alley Cat

Batavia, IL

#10 Oct 13, 2011
really wrote:
Recently I contacted Schmidt, Sandi Cole and Deadbeat Joe Walsh over an issue. Cole and even ol Deadbeat responded. Schmidt's office didn't answer, and in 10 days has not returned my call. Fat cow is too busy beating up her hubby to do her "job". Vote her OUT.
Suzi Schmidt and Joanne Osmond are like one. In the past the only time you hear from Osmond is during an election cycle otherwise I have tried to reach her on several occasions as well to no avail. So now that Schmidt and Osmond have teamed up they are both no responders. They are not in it for the people, Osmond has proven that time and time again, but people keep voting her in and she has done absolutely nothing, so now Schmidt has also followed her lead. I hope that Pollak guy goes against Osmond again cause he seemed like he was really for the people and had a lot of good ideas to put people back to work again and to get this area moving in the right direction. Vote them both out and I'm sure we will start seeing results, positive results.
Alfistula

United States

#11 Oct 14, 2011
No one in this household will ever vote for those conjoined twins osmond & schitt ever again. Schitt needs the time off from pubic office to work on herself and her personal life. She obviously has some serious personal issues she needs to focus on and she'll have plenty of time time to do so after the next election. Gone gone gone
Great Job

Lake Villa, IL

#12 Oct 14, 2011
Clean house wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and the sooner we get rid of the other stooge Hansen the better off the whole area will be.
This is so predictable. You use every opportunity to attack Hanson (your spelling, like your thinking, is faulty) without one consideration of the good he is doing. Hanson is not perfect by a long shot, but my vote goes to people like him who work hard for the town, are totally responsive to residents requests and issues, and try to do their best under the most trying financial time any of us has ever seen, especially following a previous Mayor who was clueless about anything other than how to be vicious, hateful, contemptuous of all except her so called "in" crowd (including you), deceitful, and incompetent.

You want to start another thousand posts back and forth dealing with your hash? Go ahead. You are obviously unemployed with plenty of time to hurl mud without one brain cell available to think without bias and hate. There are plenty of us working folks who will take you on, now, and as your rhetoric hears up again with the same lack of effect as the last two elections where virtually everyone on your hate list won. It is understandable why you are such a joke here. YOU NEVER GET YOUR WAY, do you, Bunky?
Sticktothepoint

Chicago, IL

#13 Oct 14, 2011
I think the best course of action is to vote for Larry Leafblad in the primary.
Clean house

Round Lake, IL

#14 Oct 14, 2011
Great Job wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so predictable. You use every opportunity to attack Hanson (your spelling, like your thinking, is faulty) without one consideration of the good he is doing. Hanson is not perfect by a long shot, but my vote goes to people like him who work hard for the town, are totally responsive to residents requests and issues, and try to do their best under the most trying financial time any of us has ever seen, especially following a previous Mayor who was clueless about anything other than how to be vicious, hateful, contemptuous of all except her so called "in" crowd (including you), deceitful, and incompetent.
You want to start another thousand posts back and forth dealing with your hash? Go ahead. You are obviously unemployed with plenty of time to hurl mud without one brain cell available to think without bias and hate. There are plenty of us working folks who will take you on, now, and as your rhetoric hears up again with the same lack of effect as the last two elections where virtually everyone on your hate list won. It is understandable why you are such a joke here. YOU NEVER GET YOUR WAY, do you, Bunky?
It must be a slow day at the village hall today.You have plenty of time to write your posts huh. You POLITICAL HACK. Can't you get a real job working for another one of your buddies LOSER.
Great Job

Lake Villa, IL

#15 Oct 14, 2011
Clean house wrote:
<quoted text>It must be a slow day at the village hall today.You have plenty of time to write your posts huh. You POLITICAL HACK. Can't you get a real job working for another one of your buddies LOSER.

Unlike you, bum, I actually work, moron in Mundelein. The truth hurts, doesn't it megs looser?
Disappointed in Lake Cty

Vernon Hills, IL

#16 Nov 3, 2011
Suzi Schmidt is a bully, always has been. She needs to step down now, not tomorrow, not the next day, now. She has done nothing for the people of Lake County's quality of life. In the last 8 years, our property taxes have doubled, sales tax increased, we pay $10/1,000 gals of water in Vernon Hills, we pay separate costs each for recycling, waste pick up and yard waste pick up which is a scam, we pay for welfare to illegals, which is illegal! LC is the only county that still hasn't realized we are in a recession. Their raises, their pensions, their car leases, their expense accounts, their bodyguards, their corrupt ways of doing business in the county, They approve every tax levi presented to them because they have no experience, knowledge or finanacial background to decide why these levis keep going up instead of sending them back for cuts, especially schools!...all must go. Suzi is not deserving of any political position. She's gotten enough tax payer salaries and nothing to show for it. I don't even think she graduated college. Why is Pat Brady letting this junior Senator run the show. Who's the boss here? It certainly isn't the taxpayers! And I agree, Schmidt has never answered any of the emails I had questions about...why...because she doesn't know the answers and pushes things off to others. Get rid of her. P.S. She looks like she's been drinking every picture I see and not someone I want to continue in politics. An embarrassment!
44 YEAR LOCAL CITIZEN

Naperville, IL

#18 Nov 12, 2011
Karen Balinski wrote:
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING? SHE IS A TYPICAL CORRUPT POLITICIAN! IF SHE WILL DO THIS WHAT WOULD SHE NOT DO? OR HASN'T ALREADY???
YOU HEARD THE TAPE SHE SOUNDED LIKE A DAMN ROBOT REPEATING HER AWEFUL FAKE ADDRESS FIRST THEN TRYING TO SWAY THE OUTCOME OF A PERSON ACTUALLY DOING THEIR JOB! 911 IS FOR EMERGENCIES I WAS A FIREMAN AND SERVED OUR COMMUNITY FOR YEARS. SHE SHOULD BE ARRESTED. SEEK MENTAL MED HELP. SHE IS NOT FIT! I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF EITHER PARTY BUT THIS WOMAN IS BAD NEWS. GET SOMEONE THAT CAN BE HONEST AND NOT OUT FOR HER OWN VENUE. BTW I NEVER APPRECIATED ALL THE LOCAL HOME PHONE SPAM SHE DID, I CONSIDER IT TELEPHONIC HARRASSMENT AND SHE SHOULD BE CHARGED LIKE A PUNK LEAVING PRANK CALLS. ENOUGH OF THE CORRUPT PEOPLE IN OFFICE AMERICA NEEDS REAL PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE LIKE A REAL BUISNESS NOW!!!!
44 YEAR LOCAL CITIZEN

Naperville, IL

#19 Nov 12, 2011
HMM I AM NOT FROM NAPERVILLE!! WHATS WRONG WITH THIS POST? I AM FROM LAKE VILLA! ISNT THERE ANY HONESTY HERE ANYMORE? LOL HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE POSTED AND IT WENT AND PUT A FAKE TOWN? I WONDER. EVEN WHEN YOU TRY TO GET THE REAL WORD OUT ITS FILTERED ...A SOCIETY WITHOUT ANY HONEST POLITICAL HOPE!
uoughtaknow

United States

#20 Nov 12, 2011
city has to do with your internet service, nothing more
Jester

AOL

#21 Nov 12, 2011
Her best friend is Osmond, I guess that speaks for it self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Rescue Squad - where is the money? 6 hr rez 81
rlayc website 11 hr community 2
Girl hit by car driven by illegal immigrant in ... (Sep '11) 19 hr Really 11
words of wisdom if you were arrested Thu need to know 1
Antioch Leaf Pickup (Oct '10) Thu News Reader 2011 25
Antioch Church Flooded With Gifts After Burglary (Dec '11) Thu Antioch Mum 23
rlayc Wed calling all patrons 1
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match

Lake Villa People Search