Man found dead in car in Antioch

Dec 26, 2012 Full story: Daily Herald 92

The man - whose name has not yet been released - died of alcohol intoxication and exposure to the cold elements, said Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd.

Full Story
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#62 Jan 8, 2013
momof2 wrote:
Sir I have seen your nasty comments not only on this Topix but others and you have no problem blaming other people. Instead of being a negative Jackass as you seem to enjoy it. Find something else to do with your hatred
He did not kill anyone he died. Let him RIP and get over it.
How interesting i only post comments on topix.
LOL i wonder if i can sue others for using my name in other forums ?

Considering you are the one using insulting names i don't really care about your comments or positions.
When you can post like an adult i'll take you serious.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#64 Jan 8, 2013
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Lake County Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd said Thursday that David Heaton, 26, who apparently was living inside his business at Russell Road and Route 41 died of natural causes.
“He had an enlarged heart and a very high glucose (indicating diabetes),” said Rudd. The high glucose combined with the alcohol caused him to die a natural death, said the coroner.
Heaton went to visit his former girlfriend on Hawthorn Lane in Antioch on Sunday and she told investigators that he had been drinking. At around 7 p.m., she drove him to his business, but they apparently couldn’t get through the gate.
She then returned to Antioch and parked his truck in the 300 block of Hawthorn Lane, about a block from her home, and left him sleeping inside the truck.
Police found him Monday morning just before 8 a.m. and he was dead. The temperature inside the vehicle was 38 degrees and there was no skin discoloration that would have indicated carbon monoxide poisoning.
Facts : david died from enlarged heart & diabeties allong with alchohol.
fact : david weighted 250lbs and the amount of alchohol in his system was not enough to kill him - acording to the coroner after autopsy ...
also coroner indictated to family that he did not die of cold - IT WAS natral causes.
OF course the family you say that didnt care about him - EXPECTED him for dinner xmas eve but DaVid was 26 years old, an adult, and could not be treated like a child and told what to do.
another fact, he was a responsible drunk because what the article doesnt state is David had a home, he did stay at his work place in a worker shed when he got to drunk and he worked, went to a bar, and everything was within 5 min walking distance of all the places he went to.
and you claim drunks should be held responsible well JACKASSES like you that have no life but to start up drama and say negative things about articles being posted - You should be held responsible for BULLYING! BULLYING is NOW a CRIME!
Stop and let David RIP and leave his family alone because you dont know squat.
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you understand not everyone posting and reading this topic is as thoughtless as the one particular poster. Don't ever think his choices make his life less valuable then any one elses.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#65 Jan 8, 2013
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
The high glucose combined with the alcohol caused him to die a natural death, said the coroner.
left him sleeping inside the truck.
Police found him Monday morning just before 8 a.m. and he was dead.
allong with alchohol.
OF course the family you say that didnt care about him
another fact,
he was a responsible drunk
when he got to drunk and he worked, went to a bar,
I loved the responsible drunk line.
The DRUNK was DRIVING his car over to his ex's house.
How is that responsible drunk ?
I never said a word about his family other then he died and left them.
Smart move being a drunk and dying in his car.
He could have lived had he been home sober.
come back when you care about the people who lost loved ones due to drunks like him.
Candida

United States

#66 Jan 9, 2013
I have read all these posts and have come to the conclusion that that Mystery Man person is just a troll on here to irritate people. How unfortunate for him, and the people posting on here that are generally saddened by the death of this young man.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#67 Jan 9, 2013
I've been following this as well, but staying out of the fray. I can see both sides here.

I'm sorry for this man's family for their loss.

However, I'm very thankful that in his bad decision to "allegedly" drive to his exes house while drunk, he didnt harm any innocent parties. I also have zero sympathy and zero tolerance for drunk drivers. One killed my brother while he was doing nothing except driving to work early one morning. The drunk walked away with only a few scratches. I've learned over the years that sharing my family's story can be more effective than berating those left behind. If a drunk survives tho - let me at 'em, and try and stop me.

I've been at odds with MM many times, but I don't think he's a troll. Opinionated and stubborn, yes. Just as those who have lost someone they loved will never admit to any wrongdoing, he will not let up on his position re drunk drivers. Neither side will validate the other's opinion by agreeing.

I hope everyone here will think twice before they get behind the wheel after drinking, whether they intend to drive or just sleep it off. Beyond the innocent lives you might save, do you really want those you leave behind to have to listen to this? Because till my dying day, I'll insist that impaired drivers, no matter what else good they may have done, are selfish, ignorant bastards, based on their actions.
Antioch res

Vernon Hills, IL

#68 Jan 9, 2013
Well said News Reader, I have been following this for a while now as well. The problem that I have with what MM has done on this thread is bash someone that can not defend himself. None of us were there to confirm nor deny what exactly took place that night. People are coming at MM for the mere fact that he has bashed this young man that has passed away and is unable to defend himself. As far as the drunk driving goes, zero tolerance on my end as well.
MM you have made your point clear and a valid one at that, but have some peace of mind and let this man Rest In Peace and move on. There is no need for one's family to have to go on the internet and read all this mess.
Now you will probably come on here and reply saying that you did no such thing, when in fact you did. We all understand what your point is.
GregToakwood

United States

#69 Jan 9, 2013
I thin i met this guy before. RIp.
Very sad. This could have easily havebeen me.
Ive been close to being in this dituation and with the drinking whixh i struge with everyday.
Makes you really think about things and what matters on life.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#70 Jan 9, 2013
GregToakwood wrote:
I thin i met this guy before. RIp.
Very sad. This could have easily havebeen me.
Ive been close to being in this dituation and with the drinking whixh i struge with everyday.
Makes you really think about things and what matters on life.
Greg i'm glad you realize what could happen to you and those around you.
I hope that realization leads to responsible behavior.
If you must drunk and think you'll go past the legal limit i hope you get a responsible driver to see you home safely.
And not leave you drunk sitting a car all night long.
I never said that guy was bad other than his drunk driving.
Doing that was wrong and could and did hurt his family.
In all my posts in this thread i've not once called anyone the kind of names i've been called.
Nor have i've been upset with them for doing so.
Like me they have a right to their opinions on here.
But i hope they remember its a family style forum.
What kind of an example are they showing their kids when they go around calling people who they disagree with names ?
That is how bullying starts at school. By calling each other names.
Good luck to you Greg i wish you the best.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#71 Jan 9, 2013
News Reader 2011
yes we don't always agree but i think we do understand and respect each others points of views.

Very sorry for the loss of your brother.
I lost my brother over the 4th of July but not to drinking.( Natural causes )
Brothers always have a special bond.

Just a final point i don't think its allegedly that he drove to his ex's drunk.
He was drunk and both him and the car showed up there together.
Unless you believe in magic he drove there drunk.
When a drunk driver doesn't hit anyone its either God's intervention or luck depending on your beliefs.
duh

Round Lake, IL

#72 Jan 9, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Greg i'm glad you realize what could happen to you and those around you.
I hope that realization leads to responsible behavior.
If you must drunk and think you'll go past the legal limit i hope you get a responsible driver to see you home safely.
And not leave you drunk sitting a car all night long.
I never said that guy was bad other than his drunk driving.
Doing that was wrong and could and did hurt his family.
In all my posts in this thread i've not once called anyone the kind of names i've been called.
Nor have i've been upset with them for doing so.
Like me they have a right to their opinions on here.
But i hope they remember its a family style forum.
What kind of an example are they showing their kids when they go around calling people who they disagree with names ?
That is how bullying starts at school. By calling each other names.
Good luck to you Greg i wish you the best.
geez if someone didnt read all of your posts they would think you were really attacked for no reason....WRONG

once again you need to be reminded that you have repeatedly slammed this young man along with his family and his ex

you are the problem with this forum
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#73 Jan 9, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
geez if someone didnt read all of your posts they would think you were really attacked for no reason....WRONG
once again you need to be reminded that you have repeatedly slammed this young man along with his family and his ex
you are the problem with this forum
LOL always a pleasure to meet another fan.
This is your first post to this thread.

The sad part is you feel its more important to bash me then to even comment about the threads topic.
I'm sorry the ex decided she didn't need to help him any further.
Too bad no one called the cops and get him the help he needed.

AND I STILL THINK DRUNKS LIKE HIM NEED TO GET THEIR LICENSE PULLED FOREVER.

Gee i feel better better now.
thanks for posting come back again someday.
duh

Round Lake, IL

#74 Jan 9, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL always a pleasure to meet another fan.
This is your first post to this thread.
The sad part is you feel its more important to bash me then to even comment about the threads topic.
I'm sorry the ex decided she didn't need to help him any further.
Too bad no one called the cops and get him the help he needed.
AND I STILL THINK DRUNKS LIKE HIM NEED TO GET THEIR LICENSE PULLED FOREVER.
Gee i feel better better now.
thanks for posting come back again someday.
yes some people are just so thick headed they will never learn
and yes that is you
you are so ignorant as to not even learn a thing from everyone on here trying to teach you something
you are too dense to get it
believe me in no way whatsoever am i a fan
i feel nothing but sadness for someone as pitiful as you
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#75 Jan 9, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
yes some people are just so thick headed they will never learn
and yes that is you
you are so ignorant as to not even learn a thing from everyone on here trying to teach you something
you are too dense to get it
believe me in no way whatsoever am i a fan
i feel nothing but sadness for someone as pitiful as you
and yet your two posts are all about me.
I'm sure that the dead drunk guy appreciates your concern over me more then over the family he left behind.

Again because guys like you just don't get it.
I'm sorry he's dead.
Had the ex called the cops he probably would be alive.
For the sake of his family i wish the ex had done that.
But i do want ALL drunks to have their drivers licenses taken away forever so that others will not be killed on the road by them.
And hell no i won't ever apologize or reverse my thinking on that.
duh

Round Lake, IL

#76 Jan 9, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet your two posts are all about me.
I'm sure that the dead drunk guy appreciates your concern over me more then over the family he left behind.
Again because guys like you just don't get it.
I'm sorry he's dead.
But i do want ALL drunks to have their drivers licenses taken away forever so that others will not be killed on the road by them.
and you are too stupid to even grasp what everyone is trying to tell you
definition of mystery man's insanity:
saying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#77 Jan 9, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
there is nothing insane about having a strong conviction.
The only way to get people like you to even understand that conviction is to repeat it enough times until it sinks in.
The real insanity is thinking that if you call people insulting names they somehow will lose their conviction and join you in your low brow behavior.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#78 Jan 10, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry he's dead.
These 5 statements I agree with wholeheartedly
OMG

Waukegan, IL

#79 Jan 10, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
there is nothing insane about having a strong conviction.
The only way to get people like you to even understand that conviction is to repeat it enough times until it sinks in.
The real insanity is thinking that if you call people insulting names they somehow will lose their conviction and join you in your low brow behavior.
are you that dense?
this is not the forum for your drunk driving crap
that what everyone is talking about
get a grip!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#80 Jan 10, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfectly said!!
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#81 Jan 10, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
are you that dense?
this is not the forum for your drunk driving crap
that what everyone is talking about
get a grip!
you're wrong on two counts.

this thread is about a drunk guy who died.
So talking about what will happen when you go driving around drunk is exactly a point worth making. Had he stayed home sober he would probably be alive.

Topix is a public forum that is perfect to discuss ANY topic is an adult manner considering families read this forum.

If anything is inappropriate its the kind of insult language many of you have used towards me just for posting my opinions.
That's a lousy example to set for your kids.
Don't be surprised when they bully others in school with insults.
They learned it from you guys.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#82 Jan 10, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
These 5 statements I agree with wholeheartedly
Thank You nuff said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Antioch Model Trains & Hobby (Oct '08) Wed Unlucky Trains 17
find out if you have a warrant from lake county Tue Jay 2
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? Tue Meh 18
Historic building destroyed Tue Antiocher 3
near libertyville semi truck accident??? Dec 22 Bponch1234 1
Antioch, fire district will again seek ambulanc... Dec 21 Res 21
police Dec 21 imrereurrere 1
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web