Man found dead in car in Antioch

Dec 26, 2012 Full story: Daily Herald 92

The man - whose name has not yet been released - died of alcohol intoxication and exposure to the cold elements, said Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Carry

Round Lake, IL

#1 Dec 26, 2012
This story sounds very strange to me...and very sad. Rip, only 26 yrs old..

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 26, 2012
wow, that does sound strange
RIP guy
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#3 Dec 26, 2012
too bad she didn't try calling his family or the cops.
Let this be a lesson to everyone to have a card on their person saying whom to call in an emergency.
I carry one with several names and phone numbers on it.
Glad no one ever had to use it for me.
Antioch

Antioch, IL

#4 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
too bad she didn't try calling his family or the cops.
Let this be a lesson to everyone to have a card on their person saying whom to call in an emergency.
I carry one with several names and phone numbers on it.
Glad no one ever had to use it for me.
Your problem is that no one would pick up.
Lucy

Spring Grove, IL

#5 Dec 26, 2012
I would like to know what street this happened.
Unknown

Hazel Crest, IL

#6 Dec 27, 2012
Happened right outside my house, according to my sourced the news article has the story wrong, it's difficult to say what really happened.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#7 Dec 27, 2012
Unknown wrote:
Happened right outside my house, according to my sourced the news article has the story wrong, it's difficult to say what really happened.
And the right story is ?
Unknown

Antioch, IL

#8 Dec 27, 2012
Does anyone know the name of this young man?
Unknown

Hazel Crest, IL

#9 Dec 27, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And the right story is ?
The woman in question has been changing her story depending on who she's been talking too. That's all I know. It sounds suspicious. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't been questioned further considering homicide caused by negligence is a crime.
so sad

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 27, 2012
yes - but his name is not being released.
so sad

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 27, 2012
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman in question has been changing her story depending on who she's been talking too. That's all I know. It sounds suspicious. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't been questioned further considering homicide caused by negligence is a crime.
do you know the woman personally that is "changing " her story?
Unknown

Antioch, IL

#12 Dec 27, 2012
I don't understand why they are not releasing either name at this point. Or why there hasn't been any follow up story.
so sad

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 27, 2012
Unknown wrote:
I don't understand why they are not releasing either name at this point. Or why there hasn't been any follow up story.
to contact ALL family members - would you want to read your family member past away in the paper?
unknown

Antioch, IL

#14 Dec 27, 2012
I get they want to notify family members but its been 3 days.
Unknown

Hazel Crest, IL

#15 Dec 27, 2012
so sad wrote:
<quoted text> do you know the woman personally that is "changing " her story?
No, but my neighbors do. I'm just sharing the bits and pieces that I've been hearing.
me4me

Mchenry, IL

#16 Dec 27, 2012
The update is in the waukegan news sun. http://newssun.suntimes.com/
unknown

Palos Hills, IL

#17 Dec 27, 2012
that man who died was my brother and i hope the people who left him out side can live with them selves knowing they caused his death.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#18 Dec 28, 2012
from the news sun:
A man found dead inside his vehicle in Antioch after his ex-girlfriend tried to take him home to his business by the state line died of natural causes, according to authorities.

Lake County Coroner Dr. Thomas Rudd said Thursday that David Heaton, 26, who apparently was living inside his business at Russell Road and Route 41 died of natural causes.

“He had an enlarged heart and a very high glucose (indicating diabetes),” said Rudd. The high glucose combined with the alcohol caused him to die a natural death, said the coroner.

Heaton went to visit his former girlfriend on Hawthorn Lane in Antioch on Sunday and she told investigators that he had been drinking. At around 7 p.m., she drove him to his business, but they apparently couldn’t get through the gate.

She then returned to Antioch and parked his truck in the 300 block of Hawthorn Lane, about a block from her home, and left him sleeping inside the truck.

Police found him Monday morning just before 8 a.m. and he was dead. The temperature inside the vehicle was 38 degrees and there was no skin discoloration that would have indicated carbon monoxide poisoning.

Rudd said authorities believe Heaton was staying at his business because they could not find another residence for him in Illinois or Wisconsin. He has a brother who lives in Lake Villa who was notified as next of kin.
5thgraderParent

Round Lake, IL

#19 Dec 28, 2012
This is just so sad. Hard to believe that he would have died from this at his age. RIP
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#21 Jan 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
The people who say this is so sad didn't know david heaton personally. Take a look at his arrest record. He was a thief a moocher a man who regularly beat people smaller than him mercilessly. He was rude greedy and self righteous. He was a regular drug user, may have not been in his system at time of death but I've seen him do many kinds. His brothers sister and 'friends' were no better all of them alcoholics and users. Many of his victims would agree when I say its not sad its karma he did the same things in chicago
that is why i asked what the real story was.
And also made the comment to call the police instead of walking away.
As well as keep a card on you for whom to call in an emergency.
But as usual all i got for posting that were stupid rude comments.

Considering he showed up drunk at his ex's house would indicate you are probably right.
And it also proves my point in another thread that drunks need to be taken off the road forever.
DUI should mean loss of drivers licenses. FOREVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min maurizio74 49,849
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 17 hr Blwlgo 1,928
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 17 hr Weneedchange 154
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Thu LieutenantGov 4,030
Medical service Wed chris 4
Bullying at Antioch Middle School needs to be s... Tue WaywardDaughter 7
Mariano's in Antioch Sep 15 res 3
•••
•••

Lake Villa Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••