Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch chef

Full story: Daily Herald 168
David P. Maish, 40, of Spring Grove, has been sentenced to 18 months in jail when he is not working or going to treatment and is required to serve 30 months on probation. Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#143 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't consider it a game i just thought it was easier to deal with visually with my eyes. Also it was intended for someone else. But heck i'm an open minded guy so i'll go with it.
Yeah actually i would like to go back in time when justice was melted out fairly. When criminals served out their full sentences. When they did hard labor, etc. I really miss executions in illinois.
Kinda hard to have a victim statement when he's dead.
And its impossible to have a statement from anyone else his drunk driving might kill in the future.
But i guess your happy as long as someone says they forgive him.
BTW i have nothing against his business. It employs a number of people and that is a good thing.
Are you seriously that delusional or do you just wish to be antagonistic? I am guessing it is the latter. I won't even continue to point out your hapless conclusions since I believe I was correct when stating previously that you would not learn a thing.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#144 Dec 26, 2012
LazyK wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously that delusional or do you just wish to be antagonistic? I am guessing it is the latter. I won't even continue to point out your hapless conclusions since I believe I was correct when stating previously that you would not learn a thing.
ROTFL you made my day.
I've been called many names but antagonistic is a new one for me.
But i gotta take a point away from you because delusional is a pretty common insult thrown at me.
Besides you miss the point this is a topic forum not a blog.
Blogs usually just throw out insults.
Topic forums tend to be about topics even though they at times get off tract.

As for learning my favorite quote says it all.
I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.~Eartha Kitt

in the future please stay on topic.
I don't see my name mentioned in the article or even the in the first 8 posts of this thread.
res

Round Lake, IL

#145 Dec 28, 2012
yep antagonistic is correct

as for mr maisch i hope he continues his progress and learns a great deal from this I know it is not for me to judge but hope that the people involved in this felt it was the best sentence
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#146 Dec 28, 2012
res wrote:
hope that the people involved in this felt it was the best sentence
i wonder if the victim of his next drunk driving accident will feel that way too.

The best sentence would have included a loss of his driving privileges forever.
res

Round Lake, IL

#147 Dec 28, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
i wonder if the victim of his next drunk driving accident will feel that way too.
The best sentence would have included a loss of his driving privileges forever.
antagonistic much?
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#148 Dec 28, 2012
res wrote:
<quoted text>
antagonistic much?
well at least i don't drink and drive
i suppose in your way of thinking drinking and driving is better
Moron Watch

Mundelein, IL

#149 Dec 28, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
well at least i don't drink and drive
i suppose in your way of thinking drinking and driving is better
Seeing that you have the BIG mouth about everything that is said on ALL of what go's on here perhaps you should check the court records about that case. Ther is a lot more than what you think you know.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#150 Dec 28, 2012
Moron Watch wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing that you have the BIG mouth about everything that is said on ALL of what go's on here perhaps you should check the court records about that case. Ther is a lot more than what you think you know.
actually i only posts on the threads you read.
a lot of these threads i don't even read let alone post to.
i guess you and i have a lot in common.

OK enlighten EVERYONE about what is in the court records.
I don't post about what is in court records.
I post my opinions on what these threads are about.
5thgraderParent

Round Lake, IL

#151 Dec 28, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
actually i only posts on the threads you read.
a lot of these threads i don't even read let alone post to.
i guess you and i have a lot in common.
OK enlighten EVERYONE about what is in the court records.
I don't post about what is in court records.
I post my opinions on what these threads are about.
Cant you just give it a rest? Do you think you know more than everyone else about this issue? I certainly hope that you or no one in your family every makes a one time terrible error in judgement. Evidently he should be locked away forever for this? What in the world happened to you to make you such a heartless and unforgiving human being?

BTW, I'm guessing from your posts you are an older gentleman. Do you take any prescription medication? If you do, I certainly hope you never get in the car and drive while you are on that medication.

Maybe if you took the time to read some of the heartfelt posts on here you would actually learn what it is to be a decent human being.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#152 Dec 28, 2012
5thgraderParent wrote:
<quoted text>
Cant you just give it a rest? Do you think you know more than everyone else about this issue? I certainly hope that you or no one in your family every makes a one time terrible error in judgement. Evidently he should be locked away forever for this? What in the world happened to you to make you such a heartless and unforgiving human being?
BTW, I'm guessing from your posts you are an older gentleman. Do you take any prescription medication? If you do, I certainly hope you never get in the car and drive while you are on that medication.
Maybe if you took the time to read some of the heartfelt posts on here you would actually learn what it is to be a decent human being.
LOL i love how wrong you guys are about me.
I'm between legal age and retirement age.
Don't smoke, drink, or do any drugs.
Not on any meds and never even take aspirin.
If you're so wrong about me then you certainly are wrong about my opinions.

Try this in your mind.
I'm such a loving guy i never want to see anyone hurt or killed by drunk drivers.
The heartless ones in my opinions are the ones that think drunk drivers should be allowed to keep on driving.

And finally guys like me posting on here is what keeps topix going strong.
Topix makes its money on the business i and others like me bring in with our interesting points of views and opinions.
I don't see anyone lining up to converse with you.
5thgraderParent

Round Lake, IL

#153 Dec 28, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL i love how wrong you guys are about me.
I'm between legal age and retirement age.
Don't smoke, drink, or do any drugs.
Not on any meds and never even take aspirin.
If you're so wrong about me then you certainly are wrong about my opinions.
Try this in your mind.
I'm such a loving guy i never want to see anyone hurt or killed by drunk drivers.
The heartless ones in my opinions are the ones that think drunk drivers should be allowed to keep on driving.
And finally guys like me posting on here is what keeps topix going strong.

Topix makes its money on the business i and others like me bring in with our interesting points of views and opinions.
I don't see anyone lining up to converse with you.
This is why you irritate everyone on here. Not one of these posts says that drunk drivers should just keep on driving without any penalty for their behavior. You pick and choose what you want to see. The posters here on this topic don't want to converse with you. They want you to learn something. Evidently, that's not going to happen.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#154 Dec 28, 2012
5thgraderParent wrote:
<quoted text>
The posters here on this topic don't want to converse with you.
LOL and yet you keep conversing with me just like they do.
How arrogant of you to think you speak for EVERYONE.
At least i state my opinions are my own and allow others to make their own comments.
In fact i encourage others to speak out with their opinions.
Picking and choosing what we want is part of life.
Otherwise there is no motive in life.
But i really don't care if you agree with me or not.
I'm just following topix's guidelines and trying to post ON TOPIC.
I feel David got off light.
I feel he should do serious jail time not just when he wants to serve his sentence.
And i feel his license to drive should be taken away.
You're free to agree or disagree but please keep in mind this thread is about David not about me.
Your opinions of me really don't matter in this topic thread.
Topical

Round Lake, IL

#155 Dec 29, 2012
LazyK wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading these posts I was thinking self-righteous, but antagonistic works too. Someone definitely has to have the last word!
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#156 Dec 29, 2012
Topical wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading these posts I was thinking self-righteous, but antagonistic works too. Someone definitely has to have the last word!
Your ONLY post in a thread with 155 posts in it is to insult another poster.
The least you could do is post one comment on topic BEFORE you slam anyone who has been on topic.
As for the last word if you knew me at all you would know there are a lot of threads where i posted without being last.
As well as threads i've never posted in at all.

Anyway this thread was not started by me. The OP can have the last word anytime he wants it.
Until then drunk driving is an important topic this time of the year.
That should be the topic for you to write about if you have the intelligence of it.
jailmaish

Arlington Heights, IL

#157 Dec 30, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. Again, please remember to be careful if you are driving and walking on new years eve and new years day(some people still aren't done celebrating). ZERO TOLERENCE FOR ALL DRUNK DRIVERS.

MOMOFBOYS

Lake Villa, IL

#160 Sep 12, 2013
DAVID IS AT THE SCHOOL PICKING UP HIS DAUGHTER, HE CHARGES THE SCHOOL FOR HOT LUNCHES. IF HE HAS TO DO COMMUNITY SERVICE SHOULDNT HE GIVE THE LUNCHES TO THE SCHOOL FOR FREE?? HE IS LEADING A NORMAL LIFE OF WORK DURING THE DAY AND SLEEPING IN JAIL?? MAKES NO SENSE. IF THIS WAS A AVERAGE PERSON WITH NO IMPORTANCE WITHOUT CAPITAL THEY WOULD NOT GET THE SAME OPTIONS. OPIATES?? REALLY SHAME ON EVERYONE FOR THINKING THIS IS JUSTICE!!! HOPE YOU ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY IF THAT IS YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER LYING IN THE STREET WHEN SOMEONE IS CARELESS.
Cantelope

Round Lake, IL

#161 Sep 12, 2013
MOMOFBOYS wrote:
DAVID IS AT THE SCHOOL PICKING UP HIS DAUGHTER, HE CHARGES THE SCHOOL FOR HOT LUNCHES. IF HE HAS TO DO COMMUNITY SERVICE SHOULDNT HE GIVE THE LUNCHES TO THE SCHOOL FOR FREE?? HE IS LEADING A NORMAL LIFE OF WORK DURING THE DAY AND SLEEPING IN JAIL?? MAKES NO SENSE. IF THIS WAS A AVERAGE PERSON WITH NO IMPORTANCE WITHOUT CAPITAL THEY WOULD NOT GET THE SAME OPTIONS. OPIATES?? REALLY SHAME ON EVERYONE FOR THINKING THIS IS JUSTICE!!! HOPE YOU ALL FEEL THE SAME WAY IF THAT IS YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER LYING IN THE STREET WHEN SOMEONE IS CARELESS.
He charges the school for hot lunches because that is his job. That is how he makes money. It has nothing to do with community service. As for a sentence of periodic imprisonment, it is an option that is used quite frequently for first time and non-violent offenders.

I believe the sentence fit the crime, as did the judge.
History

Antioch, IL

#162 Sep 12, 2013
MOMOFBOYS wrote:
It's history dum dum . Of corse if this had happened to you or someone in your family you would be pissing and moaning how unfare everyone is get over it and get a life.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#163 Sep 13, 2013
Here's a thought. And I'm interested in thoughtful opinions, not insults and the typical bullshit responses.

Compare this to the kid that was killed on Petite Lake.

Victim in Maish's case was walking on a dark road, he couldn't see him until it was too late.

Victim in the tubing accident was tubing in a high traffic area with rough water, boat driver never saw him.

Driver (Maish) in that case was drunk, with narcotics in his system and was texting.

Driver in the boating accident had alcohol and cocaine in his system.

Maish got his hand slapped and gets to live his life, just slept at the jail house for a short time.

Driver in the boating accident got 10 years (I believe, relying on memory).

So... why the gross differential in the sentencing? I'm not sticking up for either, but it sure strikes me as odd.
Truth Seeker

Waukegan, IL

#164 Sep 13, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
Here's a thought. And I'm interested in thoughtful opinions, not insults and the typical bullshit responses.

Compare this to the kid that was killed on Petite Lake.

Victim in Maish's case was walking on a dark road, he couldn't see him until it was too late.

Victim in the tubing accident was tubing in a high traffic area with rough water, boat driver never saw him.

Driver (Maish) in that case was drunk, with narcotics in his system and was texting.

Driver in the boating accident had alcohol and cocaine in his system.

Maish got his hand slapped and gets to live his life, just slept at the jail house for a short time.

Driver in the boating accident got 10 years (I believe, relying on memory).

So... why the gross differential in the sentencing? I'm not sticking up for either, but it sure strikes me as odd.

This is just food for thought. One David is a non violent offender and it was his first time. In the boating accident I believe he was a repeat offender of some kind and the kid's aunt is a state representative and has some judicial connections that got the defendant to serve a stiffer sentence and also since it was a boating accident they are trying to send a message that boats will be treated like cars when it involves a DUI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warehouse sale 2 hr News Reader 2011 5
Historic building destroyed 2 hr News Reader 2011 1
Antioch, fire district will again seek ambulanc... 16 hr This is BS. 18
Sometime we just have to change Tue Grayskull 1
How bad is the distracted driving in your area ? Tue Grayskull 1
home choice stores (Aug '09) Dec 12 Thrifty 19
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Dec 12 sal 83
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web