Victim's family endorses plea deal fo...

Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch chef

There are 199 comments on the Daily Herald story from Aug 16, 2011, titled Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch chef. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

David P. Maish, 40, of Spring Grove, has been sentenced to 18 months in jail when he is not working or going to treatment and is required to serve 30 months on probation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

Antioch

Crystal Lake, IL

#123 Dec 25, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
this sounds very much like a personal threat.
considering all the shootings lately this should be taken very seriously.
I hope topix can forward your IP to the police to look into you.
We don't need another idiot out there looking to harm
No I think you are the idiot with your above statement.
Carry

Antioch, IL

#124 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
Its not hard to comprehend that this is a legal issue not a religious issue.
I do question your faith.
I never met a true religious person that would insult others by calling their opinions silly.
While i certainly don't agree with your opinions i have not even considered the thought of calling your opinions silly.
Maybe you should try reading that bible of yours.
Man, you flip flop all over the place. It is a LegaL issue, and also a HUMAN issue. It has been tried, and sentenced. He was sentenced by a judge and is completing it without issue. The only REAL issue now is that JAILMAISH can't get over himself. A personal vendetta does no one any good. Your continued defense of Jailmaish is also a problem. Your inability to understand this 2 years after the fact causes the rest of us to question whether or not you are reading the posts or just jumping in at the end. Anyone who reads any of your posts knows that if you were judge and jury, everyone would go to jail for 5-10 years for whatever. That seems to be your response to everything. Thank God that people with much more knowledge are in charge who actually understand human frailty.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#125 Dec 26, 2012
Antioch wrote:
<quoted text> No I think you are the idiot with your above statement.
my above statement that you are referring to was towards a post that was removed AFTER i made my post.
So that kinda vindicates me.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#126 Dec 26, 2012
Carry wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you flip flop all over the place. It is a LegaL issue, and also a HUMAN issue. It has been tried, and sentenced. He was sentenced by a judge and is completing it without issue. The only REAL issue now is that JAILMAISH can't get over himself. A personal vendetta does no one any good. Your continued defense of Jailmaish is also a problem. Your inability to understand this 2 years after the fact causes the rest of us to question whether or not you are reading the posts or just jumping in at the end. Anyone who reads any of your posts knows that if you were judge and jury, everyone would go to jail for 5-10 years for whatever. That seems to be your response to everything. Thank God that people with much more knowledge are in charge who actually understand human frailty.
always a pleasure to meet a fan.
let me know how you really feel about the issues instead of just how you feel towards me.
if you like we can debate any of those issues.
Carry

Antioch, IL

#127 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
always a pleasure to meet a fan.
let me know how you really feel about the issues instead of just how you feel towards me.
if you like we can debate any of those issues.
Yep, thats what I was doing, debating the issues. Once again, you need to learn to read. The only person here who doesn't understand that Jailmaish's REAL problem is the affair, and not the drunk driving, is you. The fact that a judge, attorneys, and the victim's family agreed with the sentencing seems to have escaped you also.
Carry

Antioch, IL

#128 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
my above statement that you are referring to was towards a post that was removed AFTER i made my post.
So that kinda vindicates me.
wrong again, anyone can have a post removed by marking it offensive. For you to take issue with that particular post seems completely irratic.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#129 Dec 26, 2012
Carry wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong again, anyone can have a post removed by marking it offensive. For you to take issue with that particular post seems completely irratic.
I seriously doubt topix removes posts on a whim.
If that was the case half my posts would disappear.

And if you don't like my opinions you're free to have them removed if you can. After all according to you ANYONE can have a post removed simply by marking it offensive. Go ahead prove your point.

But really isn't the whole purpose of a topic/issues driven forum to post opinions instead of threatening people ?
If you don't like debating issues with others then go find a blog.
I'm sure there are plenty of blogs out there for you to take swipes at others.

As for me i debate the issues. I'm not interested in your blog style of postings.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#130 Dec 26, 2012
Lets try and stay on track here.
The thread is about a drunk driver who got off light.
Once again showing a need for a change in the laws on drunk drivers.
This is an important topic at this time of the year.
Lets not cloud it up on threats, insults, and personal attacks.
We should be posting about the laws on drunk driving and how too many drunks get let off easily over and over again.
Why should it take 3 or 4 DUI's before a guy is taken off the road ?
If you robbed banks you would get serious jail after the first one.
Drunk drivers kill and hurt far more people then drunk drivers do.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#131 Dec 26, 2012
OOOPS
should have read
Drunk drivers kill and hurt far more people then bank robbers do.

Topix needs a built in proof reader.
Personal Agenda Watch

Wauconda, IL

#132 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
Lets try and stay on track here.
The thread is about a drunk driver who got off light.
Once again showing a need for a change in the laws on drunk drivers.
This is an important topic at this time of the year.
Lets not cloud it up on threats, insults, and personal attacks.
We should be posting about the laws on drunk driving and how too many drunks get let off easily over and over again.
Why should it take 3 or 4 DUI's before a guy is taken off the road ?
If you robbed banks you would get serious jail after the first one.
Drunk drivers kill and hurt far more people then drunk drivers do.
It's your opinion that this first time offense was too light a sentence. There were plenty of mitigating factors in determining this sentence, which I think is fair. The victim was himself under the influence, the offender was very remorseful, and 18 months of periodic along with intensive probation with terms is not considered terribly light. Along with the family's wishes this sentence was agreed by all parties that were well informed of the offenders status. If you want to take up the cause of multiple dui offenders, then find it, it's not here. The only reason this topic keeps popping up to the top of the list is due to a personal agenda by someone who is upset about an affair the offender had with his ex-wife.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#133 Dec 26, 2012
Personal Agenda Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your opinion that this first time offense was too light a sentence. There were plenty of mitigating factors in determining this sentence, which I think is fair. The victim was himself under the influence, the offender was very remorseful, and 18 months of periodic along with intensive probation with terms is not considered terribly light. Along with the family's wishes this sentence was agreed by all parties that were well informed of the offenders status. If you want to take up the cause of multiple dui offenders, then find it, it's not here. The only reason this topic keeps popping up to the top of the list is due to a personal agenda by someone who is upset about an affair the offender had with his ex-wife.
let me look at those comments line by line.

yes i think probation is too light a sentence whenever a victim dies.

You're entitled to our opinion that it is fair just as i am entitled to my opinion that it is not. That is true fairness

So if two people are drunk on the road both should be let go if the cops catch them ? What criminal is not remorseful ? So if you can cry in court you should get a lighter sentence ?

18 months probation is not harsh. 10 years in prison if fair. LOL you don't want to know my definition of harsh.

Family wishes means nothing. This is a matter of JUSTICE. A matter of LAWS not wishes.

Actually this is exactly the place to take up causes and state your opinions on them. Please ask topix why they created this forum if you doubt that. I'm always surprised at how many people don't understand what public forums are all about.

This thread keeps getting posted to because people want to post to it.
Personally i'm kinda bored seeing the same sex marriage thread always being posted to but i don't complain to the posters in it.
I figure if they want to post in it they are welcome to it.
If you don't like people posting in this thread just IGNORE this thread. It works for me with the same sex marriage thread.

Now instead of discussing why this thread exist lets discuss what the thread is about.
Namely a drunk driver who got a light 18 month probation sentence for an accident he caused that resulted in a loss of a life.
The laws that allowed that probation sentence needs to be changed REGARDLESS of a remorseful criminal or a forgiving victim.
Otherwise this cycle of drunk drivers killing people will continue.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#134 Dec 26, 2012
OOOPS another typo should read

You're entitled to Your opinion that it is fair just as i am entitled to my opinion that it is not. That is true fairness
Moron Watch

Palatine, IL

#135 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
OOOPS another typo should read
You're entitled to Your opinion that it is fair just as i am entitled to my opinion that it is not. That is true fairness
It would seem that everything you spout is a typo.
Carry

Antioch, IL

#136 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to our opinion that it is fair just as i am entitled to my opinion that it is not. That is true fairness
So if two people are drunk on the road both should be let go if the cops catch them ? What criminal is not remorseful ? So if you can cry in court you should get a lighter sentence ?
18 months probation is not harsh. 10 years in prison if fair. LOL you don't want to know my definition of harsh.
Family wishes means nothing. This is a matter of JUSTICE. A matter of LAWS not wishes.
Actually this is exactly the place to take up causes and state your opinions on them. Please ask topix why they created this forum if you doubt that. I'm always surprised at how many people don't understand what public forums are all about.
Personally i'm kinda bored seeing the same sex marriage thread always being posted to but i don't complain to the posters in it.
If you don't like people posting in this thread just IGNORE this thread. It works for me with the same sex marriage thread.
Now instead of discussing why this thread exist lets discuss what the thread is about.
Namely a drunk driver who got a light 18 month probation sentence for an accident he caused that resulted in a loss of a life.
The laws that allowed that probation sentence needs to be changed REGARDLESS of a remorseful criminal or a forgiving victim.
He didn't get 18 months of probation. He got 18 months of periodic imprisonment along with 30 months of intensive probation. And you wonder why everyone keeps telling you to READ?
And it doesn't EXIST because of the ex wife, it keeps popping up to the top because some moron's ex wife had an affair with him. I can't blame her after reading his crap.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#137 Dec 26, 2012
Moron Watch wrote:
<quoted text>It would seem that everything you spout is a typo.
I have very poor eyesight and often miss a key or hit a wrong key.
Yes i do wear glasses but when your sight is going glasses only can help so much.
And in some cases its simply a matter of poor grammar. Darn public school system.
In any event you seem quite aware of what my points were and that is all that really should matter.
Are you really that picky a person that you would jump on mere typo's in a public topic forum ?
LOL i thought you guys were all about forgiveness.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#138 Dec 26, 2012
Carry wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't get 18 months of probation. He got 18 months of periodic imprisonment along with 30 months of intensive probation. And you wonder why everyone keeps telling you to READ?
And it doesn't EXIST because of the ex wife, it keeps popping up to the top because some moron's ex wife had an affair with him. I can't blame her after reading his crap.
Gee i thought you guys were all religious types.
But its ok to cheat on your married partner ?
See i don't judge that stuff.
I'm only concerned with the DUI driving and the law.
The rest is just being thrown out there as a distraction.

Periodic imprisonment is a joke. So is probation in these cases.
These are drunks who are killing people.
Lives that are lost forever. You can't equate that with periodic jail time and probation. Even 10 solid years in jail is not enough but its at least a good start.
While we are at it lets address the issue of these DRUNKS getting their driver's licenses back only to get another DUI.
They should be like Pete Rose and be banned for life.

But you won't talk about real issues will you ?
Its easier to jump on typos or exact wording of a LIGHT sentence.
Come back again when you're ready for real issues. Not smoke and mirrors.
res

Antioch, IL

#139 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee i thought you guys were all religious types.
But its ok to cheat on your married partner ?
See i don't judge that stuff.
I'm only concerned with the DUI driving and the law.
The rest is just being thrown out there as a distraction.
Periodic imprisonment is a joke. So is probation in these cases.
These are drunks who are killing people.
Lives that are lost forever. You can't equate that with periodic jail time and probation. Even 10 solid years in jail is not enough but its at least a good start.
While we are at it lets address the issue of these DRUNKS getting their driver's licenses back only to get another DUI.
They should be like Pete Rose and be banned for life.
But you won't talk about real issues will you ?
Its easier to jump on typos or exact wording of a LIGHT sentence.
Come back again when you're ready for real issues. Not smoke and mirrors.
Come back when you get a clue. Why even bother to comment on any of your posts when you just change the subject instead of admit that you are dead wrong. My guess is you have no idea what periodic imprisonment is so you just pounce on something else.

The issue at hand is whether or not he got a fair sentence. I think he did based on the facts that have been presented.

Good luck to you Mr Maish. Hope that you learn from this horrible mistake. Don't let these clueless posters (actually there are only 2 of them) bring you down.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#140 Dec 26, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you wanna play a game?
Lets take this line by line

He didnt just get probation - wrong there
Yes you are entitled to an opinion - I will give you that one.
So if both are drunk they both should be let go - no, wrong again
So if you cry in court you should get a lighter sentence - no
18 months probation is not harsh - YOU GOT ONE RIGHT!!, but that is not the sentence in this case so really you got it wrong
Victims wishes are always taken into consideration - ever hear of a victim impact statement? or would you rather we go back 10 years in the justice system? That is justice and that is the law.

I could keep going but I'm getting bored and I highly doubt you will learn anything from any of the above. I think I will head down to Antioch and grab a bite to eat, you know where.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#141 Dec 26, 2012
res wrote:
<quoted text>
Come back when you get a clue. Why even bother to comment on any of your posts when you just change the subject instead of admit that you are dead wrong. My guess is you have no idea what periodic imprisonment is so you just pounce on something else.
The issue at hand is whether or not he got a fair sentence. I think he did based on the facts that have been presented.
Good luck to you Mr Maish. Hope that you learn from this horrible mistake. Don't let these clueless posters (actually there are only 2 of them) bring you down.
LOL I didn't know i left.
I don't need a clue this is a forum where people post their opinions.
I guess that concept is lost on you.
There are several issues involved here.
Your opinion is that he got a fair sentence. My opinion is he did not. End of story.
You HOPE he learns from this ?
What if he doesn't learn from this ?
I guess you'll think its still fair when he kills someone else.
I think what would be fair is for him never to drive a car again.
That would be fair to the other innocent drivers out there.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#142 Dec 26, 2012
LazyK wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you wanna play a game?
Lets take this line by line
He didnt just get probation - wrong there
Yes you are entitled to an opinion - I will give you that one.
So if both are drunk they both should be let go - no, wrong again
So if you cry in court you should get a lighter sentence - no
18 months probation is not harsh - YOU GOT ONE RIGHT!!, but that is not the sentence in this case so really you got it wrong
Victims wishes are always taken into consideration - ever hear of a victim impact statement? or would you rather we go back 10 years in the justice system? That is justice and that is the law.
I could keep going but I'm getting bored and I highly doubt you will learn anything from any of the above. I think I will head down to Antioch and grab a bite to eat, you know where.
I didn't consider it a game i just thought it was easier to deal with visually with my eyes. Also it was intended for someone else. But heck i'm an open minded guy so i'll go with it.

Yeah actually i would like to go back in time when justice was melted out fairly. When criminals served out their full sentences. When they did hard labor, etc. I really miss executions in illinois.
Kinda hard to have a victim statement when he's dead.
And its impossible to have a statement from anyone else his drunk driving might kill in the future.
But i guess your happy as long as someone says they forgive him.
BTW i have nothing against his business. It employs a number of people and that is a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skipper Buds sequoit marina route 173 hotel exp... Thu Porky 1
Shaughnessy for Supervisor: "Nothing Changes if... Feb 20 CitizenforShaughn... 2
Antioch Small Engine Repair is a scam (Jul '11) Feb 17 Reedonkulous 124
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Feb 15 Chloe123 168
Trump Feb 12 Concerned Citizen 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Richard Hill as Mayor? Feb 11 Alex Wojnicki 1
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Feb 10 MNPropertyGroup 154

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages