Victim's family endorses plea deal fo...

Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch chef

There are 199 comments on the Daily Herald story from Aug 16, 2011, titled Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch chef. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

David P. Maish, 40, of Spring Grove, has been sentenced to 18 months in jail when he is not working or going to treatment and is required to serve 30 months on probation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

forgetaboutit

United States

#21 Jan 10, 2012
Arent you being alittle harsh on Jailmaish? After all he has suffered enough in this tragedy too. This guy is responsible for tearing apart two familys. No matter what you think, a man is dead and two family are torn up. Jailmaish has every right to be angry and hurt, would you be if this happened to you ?? It doesnt matter much now about all the details that contributed to this tragedy, what matters is that it happened, and now two familys will never be the same and it was all caused by one man. Somehow, someway, these two families will go on and move forward and maybe find some peace and joy in life again. But David, well he has to live with the guilt of what he's done for the rest of his life. And if you think he'll just ride off into the sunset your wrong. This will eat him alive. Theres no greater punishment than that, no matter what kind of punishment he gets from the court, nothing can match the grief, guilt and disgust that will live inside this man for the rest of his life. Hopefully jailmaish will happiness again, but for now he is obviously hurt and grieving in his own way for the destruction and loss of his family and mariage. Infidelity is a two way street, but that still doesnt erase the pain it causes. So unless your willing to trade places with jailmaish, then dont judge him on his feelings, he has every right to come on here and vent. The more a person talks about their pain, the smaller it becomes until finally, it goes away.
Blame Game

Elmhurst, IL

#22 Jan 10, 2012
I can't agree with some of the things you say. We know nothing about his claims about his ex wife problem , he could have been slapping the crap out of her every day and she had enough. she could have not told anyone that she was married and got caught. That happens you know. So lets just say we know nothing but what he claims. The rest of the story is not great but there are two sides to the story. the guy that was killed WAS walking down the middle of the road (a very dark road ) when he was hit,I heard that he was ask to leave a resturant because he was causing a problem there.I don't beleve they ever proved Mr maish was texting or on the phone " WHEN " the accident happened.There is a ton of information that is not being put forward here.As I understand Mr Maish pleaded this to bring it to a end.Not a happy ending for anyony BUT it is over and Jailmaish needs to move on down the road.
jailmaish

Arlington Heights, IL

#23 Jan 10, 2012
to" blame game" it could have been me...but it wasn't.married is married if you want to cheat find a girl that isn't married. btw david was also married at the time. it stilled doesn't change the fact that he MURDERED another person. do the crime do the time. what makes him so special.
jailmaish

Arlington Heights, IL

#24 Jan 10, 2012
2nd respose to blame game,she worked for him so i did meet him a few times so he knew she was still married. reguardless of home life they were both still married. even if he was not texting he was still a DRUNK DRIVER that KILLED another man. full jail sentance. that way he will never get the chance to KILL again. end of story.
Blame Game

Elmhurst, IL

#25 Jan 10, 2012
Well all I can say "Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone.P.S. you still are the loser here because you can't get past it.Also I might add that the court didn't call it murder only you. Also the court did give him what they figured was the max (acording to what the court believes ).
seriously

United States

#26 Jan 10, 2012
jailmaish wrote:
to" blame game" it could have been me...but it wasn't.married is married if you want to cheat find a girl that isn't married. btw david was also married at the time. it stilled doesn't change the fact that he MURDERED another person. do the crime do the time. what makes him so special.
He is doing the time. Move on, get over it.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#27 Jan 11, 2012
I passed by his restaurant yesterday, 6:30pm, prime dinner rush - 2 tables in use. Maybe his jail sentence was light, but it appears that he's paying in other ways.
Food Guy

Elmhurst, IL

#28 Jan 11, 2012
Sorry to blow out your candle News reader 2011 but .I go past there all the time , there are off day's in any business.Many times the place has been filled including the bar.I also eat there every now and then and the food is great.

Antioch, IL

#29 Jan 11, 2012
Food Guy wrote:
Sorry to blow out your candle News reader 2011 but .I go past there all the time , there are off day's in any business.Many times the place has been filled including the bar.I also eat there every now and then and the food is great.
Just relaying what I saw... it's not the first time. It will be interesting to see if he makes it in the long haul. I've eaten there too, I agree the food is great. Feeling as I do about drunk drivers, I haven't been back, I'd feel like a hypocrit if I did. I'm not the only one of my friends and neighbors that feels that way.

No need to be hostile, I'm just expressing my thoughts, as well as what many people I know feel about the place. It's a shame.
Food Guy

Elmhurst, IL

#30 Jan 11, 2012
Hell Im never hostile but I do belive in 2nd chances. Put your self in the same situation , how would you feel about nobody caring enough for a fare shake. As was said in other post it could happen to any one at any time you were on the way home with as little as a beer !

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31 Jan 11, 2012
I do feel that he is paying dearly for this. Not only criminally, but I am sure he thinks of this every day. I also believe in second chances. Staying away from his business will only hinder his chances for recovery. Hopefully in time, people will forgive him.

Antioch, IL

#32 Jan 11, 2012
Food Guy wrote:
Hell Im never hostile but I do belive in 2nd chances. Put your self in the same situation , how would you feel about nobody caring enough for a fare shake. As was said in other post it could happen to any one at any time you were on the way home with as little as a beer !
Disagree. I have never and will never drive drunk. I went back and checked the story, he blew 0.14. That's more than a beer. That's more than 2 beers. Plus pain killers. Until they crack down on drunk drivers, this will keep happening.

I don't care if you own a restaurant, or wash dishes and sweep floors. You drive drunk you should pay dearly. If someone you loved was killed by a drunk driver, you'd feel the same. Real easy to say "forgive" till it happens to you.
hungry

Elmhurst, IL

#33 Jan 11, 2012
WaywardDaughter wrote:
I do feel that he is paying dearly for this. Not only criminally, but I am sure he thinks of this every day. I also believe in second chances. Staying away from his business will only hinder his chances for recovery. Hopefully in time, people will forgive him.
It looks to me like there are only two people on this blog that will never forgive him, Jail & Newsreader. My self im going over there Friday night for dinner !

Antioch, IL

#34 Jan 12, 2012
hungry wrote:
<quoted text>It looks to me like there are only two people on this blog that will never forgive him, Jail & Newsreader. My self im going over there Friday night for dinner !
My brother was killed by a drunk driver. Driving to work early AM, minding his own business, killed by some selfish a-hole. He destroyed my SIL, left his 2 very young kids fatherless and took away my brother, champion & friend. Too much of a loser to even comprehend what he did. So yeah, not a lot of forgiveness in my heart for that. Ask yourself, in all honesty, if you'd feel differently than I if that had happened to you. If society continues to "forgive them because they'll feel bad forever" where is the deterrent?

I have no personal agenda against Mr Maish, the restauranteur. I definately have a personal agenda against anyone who drives under the influence. And that's all I got to say about that.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#35 Jan 12, 2012
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother was killed by a drunk driver. Driving to work early AM, minding his own business, killed by some selfish a-hole. He destroyed my SIL, left his 2 very young kids fatherless and took away my brother, champion & friend. Too much of a loser to even comprehend what he did. So yeah, not a lot of forgiveness in my heart for that. Ask yourself, in all honesty, if you'd feel differently than I if that had happened to you. If society continues to "forgive them because they'll feel bad forever" where is the deterrent?
I have no personal agenda against Mr Maish, the restauranteur. I definately have a personal agenda against anyone who drives under the influence. And that's all I got to say about that.
Very sorry for your loss Newsreader. How horrible for you and your family.
jailmaish

Arlington Heights, IL

#36 Jun 1, 2012
after reading about the teen that just got hit and killed in Round Lake Heights by a sober driver it just reinforces my thinking that this scumbag and any drunk driver that kills anybody should go to jail for the maximum amount of time.
Neutral Observer

Chicago, IL

#37 Jun 1, 2012
jailmaish wrote:
after reading about the teen that just got hit and killed in Round Lake Heights by a sober driver it just reinforces my thinking that this scumbag and any drunk driver that kills anybody should go to jail for the maximum amount of time.
Move on friend. The victims family does not see it your way. Their views should count at least to some degree.
BlackHandXXX

United States

#38 Jun 2, 2012
Where and what's this guys restaurant called? What type of sentence did he receive?
Neutral Observer

Round Lake, IL

#39 Jun 2, 2012
BlackHandXXX wrote:
Where and what's this guys restaurant called? What type of sentence did he receive?
Why is the name and location important?

He is in jail 365 days a year except for 8 hours a day to keep his place going and help his family survive. They have lost their home, their dignity, and their life together. Even so, some want to crucify him more. They appear to know better than those who tried the case. My view is he is paying a heavy price and is not the kind of guy to shake this off ever - for the rest of his life. Enough bashing of this guy. He made a terrible mistake that resulted in someone walking in the road in the middle of the night in black being killed. Who hasn't made some kind of mistake that without the grace of God could have resulted in tragedy? TIME TO MOVE ON FOLKS.
Friar Tuck

Elmhurst, IL

#40 Jun 2, 2012
BlackHandXXX wrote:
I would suggest that you take a look at the court records and trial information about how the person was such a "upright citizen" and what happened that evening of the "ACCIDENT" before you condemn the driver. There is a lot more information out there than you are led to believe by the poster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Lawrence M. Hanson as Mayor? (Sep '12) Sun COL Paul J Hettich 50
Trump Hipocracy Dec 4 Antiochan 1
IH Rent -- Invitation Homes Rentals (Feb '14) Dec 4 Jackie 54
Do Not Visit Lakemoor Businesses Until The Red ... (Feb '13) Dec 3 Ray Sulzer 52
Antioch Restaurants - can we have a NICE discus... (Mar '09) Nov 28 News Reader 100
durham school bus service (Oct '09) Nov 23 susan walsh 19
Kristin Kopterski Oct '16 Sumatra 37

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages