Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,598)

Showing posts 31,941 - 31,960 of47,002
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dear, As taxpayers were a guaranteed equal protection under the law, and that includes marriage law.
If you would like to deny that, it's up to YOU to prove why is is rational and necessary to do so. You would have to prove WHY our marriages are "imposter". Why it is better for society if gay people can't marry. Why it's better for our children.
We already have proven our case - it's up to you to refute it.
As for the rest, you have posted this silliness before. Every line is based on logical fallacy that comes only from your own mind. Every line has already been addressed at one time or another.
Just because you are proud of it and think it relevant doesn't make it so.
I appreciate your 'unbiased' opinion on 'proved points'.

Here's one you missed, it is essential to FIRST establish equal standing for equal rights, distinguishing gay couples from every other type of relationship of any number AND equating gay couples to marriage;

Marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are a direct defective failure on the primary purpose of evolution.

Furthermore, the latest, largest most scientific study rated lesbians LAST (gay guys didn't even rate) after single parents. No surprise, you are absent one parent and one gender if not more.

You can't refute fact honey.

Smile.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one you missed, it is essential to FIRST establish equal standing for equal rights, distinguishing gay couples from every other type of relationship of any number AND equating gay couples to marriage;
Marriage at it's most basic essence is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Furthermore, the latest, largest most scientific study rated lesbians LAST (gay guys didn't even rate) after single parents. No surprise, you are absent one parent and one gender if not more.
Smile.
Well then; since gay couples are taxed double (two single tax returns); we already pay double for marriage benefits we won't be receiving ($467,562.00)
So if we can't get marriage benefits; then we shouldn't have to pay for them
We will start our campaign to live income tax free with full restitution in a lump sum
I will be expecting my fat check in the mail soon

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
HAHAHAHA!! you are calling someone biased? Have you looked in a mirror? Let me correct YOUR biased statements here. First... we are all adults here. A couple is a couple. Parts are irrelevant. If 2 people are in love and intend to spend their lives together, they should have that right. The number one reason.... we are ALL guaranteed equal rights under our constitution. Withholding rights from a person because you think they are "icky" is NOT a good enough reason to go against our constitution. Your reference to cross cultural tradition is also an invalid point... societies and cultures across the world and across time have allowed same sex marriage. It is only since Christianity reared its ugly head that same sex marriage has been systematically stamped out from the world. Since humans as a race are MUCH older than Christianity, I would think that traditions that happened before Christianity would be considered, too.

You say "Gay couples are a direct defective failure on the primary purpose of evolution." Evolution has a purpose? I didn't know it could think and make decisions... Evolution comes from random genetic mutations. If a mutation doesn't do harm, i.e. causing an animal to not be able to eat or survive, then that animal would be weeded out via survival of the fittest, and that mutated gene would be eliminated. Since homosexuality exists in almost ALL mammal species, I would tend to think that there is NO harm in being homosexual, AND that if it was harmful then it would eventually have been weeded out amongst ALL species that have a tendency for it.

And then you say "Furthermore, the latest, largest most scientific study rated lesbians LAST (gay guys didn't even rate) after single parents. No surprise, you are absent one parent and one gender if not more." I say ???? what study? and what are the lesbians being rated last at?? If you mean in parenting, then you are wrong. There are studies that show children raised by gay couples are just as socially adjusted as children raised by straight couples. Send me a link to this so called "study" of yours.

All you are, Kimare, is an opinionated, self-hating, bigot. You want to use YOUR opinions to hold back fellow Americans from having the SAME rights that you have. We are all guaranteed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. In not letting gays get married the US is not letting them live their life like others, they do not have the liberty to marry the one the love, like others do.. and if not allowed to live life with the same freedoms as EVERYONE ELSE, how the hell do you think they can have happiness? Gays getting married does NOT effect you, it does not effect anyone else besides the gay couple getting married. So stop trying to use your bigotry to run other people's lives and go out and live your own and mind your own business. Until you can tell me EXACTLY how me marrying my girlfriend would have an effect on YOUR personal life, then I think you need to shut up and stop parroting the same old sh!it on here over and over and over... Polly want a cracker?

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Oh, and as an addendum to my last post... This summer I AM going to marry my girlfriend. And guess what? My family is going to be there in support of us. Their support and acceptance is ALL I need. We don't need your acceptance to live our lives and be happy. Be expecting a twinge of pain sometime during this summer, then you will know it was my wedding day... LOL!!!!

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Smile.
Poor misguided troll with a Mangina, third nipple, and a psychotic alter-ego.

You're still confusing your opinions with "facts".

Not to worry, a few more degrees into senility, and you won't even know what day it is.

Troll on, Kuntmare.
TheTroll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

get rid of obama wrote:
are we going to allow obama yap yap yap blah blah blah...
When you have something to say that pertains to the actual topic of this thread, please let us know. Until then, feel free to STFU, troll.
TheTroll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

HA HA wrote:
Silence you agendist fool!
<quoted text>
Wow, I'll bet that response of yours must surely have taxed your intellectual capacity to its very limit.
stopinator

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

How's about:
Shove you head up your A%% Mother Fer!!!!!!
TheTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I'll bet that response of yours must surely have taxed your intellectual capacity to its very limit.
stopinator

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

How that for pertaining you pile of crap!!!!
stopinator wrote:
I have an announcement to make:
GO ----F__U__C__K------- YOURSELF!!!!!!
<quoted text>
Samatha

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

You won't be marrying her in Texas! I saw that video you posted for Luke and abnormal seems to run in your family!

Are you having Chocolate Cake?
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and as an addendum to my last post... This summer I AM going to marry my girlfriend. And guess what? My family is going to be there in support of us. Their support and acceptance is ALL I need. We don't need your acceptance to live our lives and be happy. Be expecting a twinge of pain sometime during this summer, then you will know it was my wedding day... LOL!!!!

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Samatha wrote:
You won't be marrying her in Texas! I saw that video you posted for Luke and abnormal seems to run in your family!
Are you having Chocolate Cake?
<quoted text>
Bullsh!t, you are Luke, and you couldn't believe that I was even who I said I am... so what is it? You said I am too hot to be who I said I am, and that had to be someone I paid to make the video... now you are saying I am abnormal? Don't tell me that you are not Luke... you post exactly like he does along with a few other names on here. I may not be drop dead gorgeous, but I definitely am not stupid.
jon jon

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I like chocolate cake!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Gay couples will never fulfill the core root of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples will never bring the unique product of uniting diverse genders.

Gay couples will never procreate or bring the balance of a mother and father to the child.

The list goes on.

You can create a legal contract called marriage, but that will be all it is. Shallow and far short of the full spectrum of real marriage.

Fake, pretend, imposter and counterfeit don't do your Frankenstein creation justice. Unmarriage is more like it.

Get back to me when you can match the basic essence of marriage.

Smile.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Gay couples will never fulfill the core root of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples will never bring the unique product of uniting diverse genders.
Gay couples will never procreate or bring the balance of a mother and father to the child.
The list goes on.
You can create a legal contract called marriage, but that will be all it is. Shallow and far short of the full spectrum of real marriage.
Fake, pretend, imposter and counterfeit don't do your Frankenstein creation justice. Unmarriage is more like it.
Smile.
I think that two people being in love and wanting to make a commitment to spend the rest of their lives together is the basic essence of marriage... Like I said, just because you think it is icky doesn't mean you can use your opinion to withhold rights from other citizens.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that two people being in love and wanting to make a commitment to spend the rest of their lives together is the basic essence of marriage... Like I said, just because you think it is icky doesn't mean you can use your opinion to withhold rights from other citizens.
You are talking about a friendship, not marriage. The reason marriage is a cross cultural constraint, is the power of evolutionary mating behavior.

I didn't say it was 'icky', you did. I said the doctor said anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

I said that to assume the rights of marriage, another relationship has to firs equate itself to the fundamental purpose of marriage.

No ss couple can ever claim the title of married. It is a violation of reality, hence simply denial.

Smile.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about a friendship, not marriage. The reason marriage is a cross cultural constraint, is the power of evolutionary mating behavior.
I didn't say it was 'icky', you did. I said the doctor said anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
I said that to assume the rights of marriage, another relationship has to firs equate itself to the fundamental purpose of marriage.
No ss couple can ever claim the title of married. It is a violation of reality, hence simply denial.
Smile.
I don't think romantic love can be classified as friendship, do you? I feel romantic love toward my girlfriend. I love her deeply and want to spend the rest of my life with her. That is not just mere "friendship". Denying two consenting adults the right to have a legal marriage is keeping them from having the same equal rights as other couples who are in love and want to spend their lives together. It isn't up to you to dictate if they can spend their lives together, because it doesn't affect you in any way. Prove to me that my marrying my gf will have a personal impact on your life. You can't do that, and when asked you just parrot the same stuff that has NOTHING to do with how it will personally affect you.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Smile.
It's sad that you don't realize that your "basic essence" remark means absolutely nothing.

Troll on, Mangina Man.

Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about a friendship, not marriage..
You're talking out of your a$$ again. Seriously, love doesn't make a marriage.... What a Kuntmare.

Weren't you supposed to ask the charge nurse for more meds?

Troll on, Mangina Man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think romantic love can be classified as friendship, do you? I feel romantic love toward my girlfriend. I love her deeply and want to spend the rest of my life with her. That is not just mere "friendship". Denying two consenting adults the right to have a legal marriage is keeping them from having the same equal rights as other couples who are in love and want to spend their lives together. It isn't up to you to dictate if they can spend their lives together, because it doesn't affect you in any way. Prove to me that my marrying my gf will have a personal impact on your life. You can't do that, and when asked you just parrot the same stuff that has NOTHING to do with how it will personally affect you.
Interesting. Here is a quote from Mongrel Jonny Boy that follows yours;

" Seriously, love doesn't make a marriage...."

He simply acknowledges that love is involved in numerous committed relationships that are not marriage.

That brings us to sex, the primary goal of romantic behavior, scientifically known as mating behavior.

And that brings us to the basic essence of marriage; a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

You have yet to present a rational, logical argument that equates gay unions with that essence of marriage. In fact, at this point, you only have a literal 'unmarriage'.

Just a heads up, you can spend your life with whoever you want. It just isn't marriage unless it is hetero.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad that you don't realize that your "basic essence" remark means absolutely nothing.
Troll on, Mangina Man.
You are confused.

Your use of the term marriage means absolutely nothing in your partnership.

That is because of the reality I state about marriage. You know, the one you have no rational, logical argument against.

Snicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,941 - 31,960 of47,002
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Villa Discussions

Search the Lake Villa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 5 hr concerned taxpayer 6,530
Antioch superintendent to resign in June 9 hr Antiocher 9
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 17 hr Be kuel 1,808
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints 17 hr phts 35
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 17 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,775
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) 17 hr Be kuel 638
Antioch Wal-Mart Ad Match Policy (Jul '13) 17 hr Time for a Change 14
•••

Flood Warning for Lake County was issued at April 16 at 9:40PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake Villa Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lake Villa People Search