For teens, thrift store is a lifeline

For teens, thrift store is a lifeline

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 25, 2007, titled For teens, thrift store is a lifeline. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Discarded sweaters and bric-a-brac aren't the only things finding new life at Hidden Treasures Gift & Thrift Store in Round Lake Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

cmw611

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Dec 26, 2007
I like to read articles like this.
It is nice to know that there are people out there helping at risk youth...not just pushing them aside.
mom of two

Milwaukee, WI

#3 Dec 27, 2007
I think this is a great article, it shows that even in today's society of thinking of ones own needs, there are still people and services that are looking to give back to the community, and help those who need it.
doglover

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Dec 27, 2007
I think that this is a great service, that is being used to not only help these teens, but also to propel them into the future. This is great.

“What type of f--kery is this??”

Since: Dec 07

South Shore/Chatham

#5 Dec 27, 2007
FINALLY...

Some wonderful news...
Linda -Vancouver WA

United States

#6 Dec 29, 2007
It is nice to see how successful Hidden Treasures has become. I remember working at Allendale around the time they ran a contest to come up with a name for the brand new store. I remember the person who came up with the winning name. Unfortunately, she is no longer on this earth, but the name she chose will live on. Hidden Treasures is one of the many great programs Allendale has to offer its residents, as well as the day school programs for the children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Rescue Squad - where is the money? (Sep '14) 21 hr Linda 129
Finally someone is getting things done in Antioch (Jul '15) 22 hr HOT MESS 32
Best restaurant in Antioch? (Jul '16) 22 hr Hungry for smart ... 6
Who will be the new Antioch Township Supervisor? Nov 15 Irish Willie 2
What happened to Dr. Dennis Thain? (Apr '17) Nov 8 Patient 6 34
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Nov 8 Abused and pissed... 165
Blood in Blood Out: Who was wrong Paco or Miklo? (Jul '07) Nov 2 El negro 102

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance