For teens, thrift store is a lifeline

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Discarded sweaters and bric-a-brac aren't the only things finding new life at Hidden Treasures Gift & Thrift Store in Round Lake Beach.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
cmw611

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

I like to read articles like this.
It is nice to know that there are people out there helping at risk youth...not just pushing them aside.
mom of two

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

I think this is a great article, it shows that even in today's society of thinking of ones own needs, there are still people and services that are looking to give back to the community, and help those who need it.
doglover

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

I think that this is a great service, that is being used to not only help these teens, but also to propel them into the future. This is great.

“What type of f--kery is this??”

Since: Dec 07

South Shore/Chatham

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

FINALLY...

Some wonderful news...
Linda -Vancouver WA

Washougal, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2007

It is nice to see how successful Hidden Treasures has become. I remember working at Allendale around the time they ran a contest to come up with a name for the brand new store. I remember the person who came up with the winning name. Unfortunately, she is no longer on this earth, but the name she chose will live on. Hidden Treasures is one of the many great programs Allendale has to offer its residents, as well as the day school programs for the children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake Villa Discussions

Search the Lake Villa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min Chicagobunny 47,060
Antioch Wal-Mart Ad Match Policy (Jul '13) 14 hr Time for a Change 16
Has Steve Smouse mis-managed the Tim Osmond Park? (Dec '07) 16 hr Rabbi OToole 47
Home based business 16 hr Scooby 3
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 23 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
Antioch superintendent to resign in June Thu Curious 12
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Thu jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
•••

Flood Warning for Lake County was issued at April 19 at 5:28AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Lake Villa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lake Villa Jobs

•••
•••