Pollak challenges Osmond for House seat

Sep 21, 2010 Full story: News Sun 31

Political newcomer Scott Pollak of Antioch will challenge state Rep. JoAnn Osmond for her seat in the 61st District, a position Osmond has held since the death of her husband, Timothy, in 2002.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mystery Man

Grayslake, IL

#21 Sep 28, 2010
Expensive plates wrote:
<quoted text>
Sales tax?
Permit fees?
Speeding tickets? Yes, it's a tax... a stupid person tax but a tax just the same.
Income tax levels went down?
AMT went away?
I could and would go on but I'm tired and I just don't care.
The facility still sucks it big time. The end. Quit shilling for White and start demanding more from elected officials.
The rates on the plates was doubled to pay for schools, bridges and roads...remember? She schools are broke, the roads are falling apart until Obama spent money we didn't have and had to borrow and even then, they are only taking care of a small portion that need to be fixed.
I can't remember any bridges fixed in the area or even around all of Chicago land and I drive more than a few miles per year.
It sucks and so do those who try to convince us that it doesn't.
Sales tax yep they went. My favorite beverage went up. So did a few other sale items.
License ? Which ones are you referring to ? dog ? fishing ? gun ? hunting ? boating ? I'm sure you'll find one of them had an increase..
Speeding tickets are NOT a tax. They are a penalty for doing something wrong. If you can't see the difference between a tax and fine you're hopeless. There's no point in this conversation.
My income tax didn't go down, now did my property tax.
ATM went away ? Naw its still sitting in the bank.
Please don't go on.
I don't care to explain that paying sales tax is not a punishment its a means to bring in money to the state, but paying a fine for breaking speeding laws is a just punishment.
BTW i'm a conservative republican. Jesse White just happens to be the rare exception for a democrat IMHO.
VyvB

United States

#22 Sep 29, 2010
Expensive plates wrote:
I can't remember any bridges fixed in the area or even around all of Chicago land and I drive more than a few miles per year.
I think that's more because people don't remember bridges. I worked for a construction company. One of my jobs was calling the county to route our oversized loads. You weren't allowed to have an oversized load cross any bridges. Finding a route without a bridge was a challenge. You may not think of them as bridges, but overpasses count.

Right now there is major bridge repair on the Edens spur.
heisadumbpollak

Round Lake, IL

#23 Oct 7, 2010
Its about time wrote:
Yes it is about time. The only time we ever hear from or about Osmond is election time. We get the flyer in the mail telling us what has been done while she was in Springfield and I think who is this person. I see that she's tight with Suzy Schmidt who is also running for a higher office. I do know that Schmidt's position on the Lake County Board has set some records like Lake County being the highest taxed county in the United States , wow there's a record to be proud of. COME ON NOVEMBER 2nd .
Well we sure heard of pollock now. Grabbing head lines by attacking the chief with his bullcrap charges .What a JERK I would rather vote for Osama Binladen
Pollocks for Pollak

Shorewood, IL

#24 Oct 7, 2010
heisadumbpollak wrote:
<quoted text>Well we sure heard of pollock now. Grabbing head lines by attacking the chief with his bullcrap charges .What a JERK I would rather vote for Osama Binladen
Pollock's are: A marine food fish (Pollachius virens) of northern Atlantic waters, related to the cod.

As Upton Sinclair wrote, "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it"

Are you sure your not one of Fish too?
Do nothing in the 61st

AOL

#25 Oct 7, 2010
heisadumbpollak wrote:
<quoted text>Well we sure heard of pollock now. Grabbing head lines by attacking the chief with his bullcrap charges .What a JERK I would rather vote for Osama Binladen
We don't want you to vote, after all your record tells us that you have your head up your as*. You did support and vote for Larson and her 19 year old replacement. That speaks volumes for your I Q.Is it not time for you to go back to work ?
heisadumbpollak

Round Lake, IL

#26 Oct 8, 2010
Pollocks for Pollak wrote:
<quoted text>
Pollock's are: A marine food fish (Pollachius virens) of northern Atlantic waters, related to the cod.
As Upton Sinclair wrote, "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it"
Are you sure your not one of Fish too?
I think I know why it relates to a fish. They both stink.Im getting a little smell from your post too.
Antioch - Whats going on

Roselle, IL

#27 Oct 13, 2010
I don't think Pollak has time to be any type of Gov. Offical. I think Pollak should stay home with his 18 year old son and teach him how to be a man. Based on tonight's meeting, that boy is missing some much needed Father/Son time. Daddy needed to make a call because his son was upset? REALLY??? GROW UP SON.....
WHO YOUR DADDY

Ingleside, IL

#28 Oct 15, 2010
Antioch - Whats going on wrote:
I don't think Pollak has time to be any type of Gov. Offical. I think Pollak should stay home with his 18 year old son and teach him how to be a man. Based on tonight's meeting, that boy is missing some much needed Father/Son time. Daddy needed to make a call because his son was upset? REALLY??? GROW UP SON.....
When he get in to a fight? is he going to call his Daddy
TO COME HELP HIM !!!!!!!
Osmond won

Morris, IL

#29 Nov 3, 2010
Congrats to J.a. Osmond!
Flummus McTavish

Round Lake, IL

#30 Nov 3, 2010
Osmond won wrote:
Congrats to J.a. Osmond!
I agree!! JoAnn is the ONLY reason Antioch has anything going for it. Look at all she has done! WOW! Larry and Bond are scum bags. JoAnn got all the money for the roads and is actually making all of the improvements in Village government, infrastructure, cost control, planning, and organizing that are going on in Antioch. She has also opened up communications between residents and the Village, and even has forced the police department to get more people on the street, increase arrests, and get the neighborhood watch program going. Not to mention overseeing all of the cost reductions in wasted head count and processes in the Village, and making sure that residents finally get action on and feedback to their problems. She is even getting my leaves picked up! Well done JoAnn!! We should make her Mayor too!!!!!!!!
Wizard

Huntley, IL

#31 Dec 30, 2010
Looking forward to another two years of a whole lot of more of the same and nothing getting done. Osmond only continues to get elected on the sympathy vote nobody will hear from her until her term is up. She just cares about getting elected so she can pad her pension at our (taxpayers) expense. She got elected again also because people were voting strictly on party lines and this just happened to be a Republican year. I hope you people that voted for her like more of the status quo especially now that Suzie Schmidt is in you can count on a whole lot of nothing getting done. Pollak actually did well considering he did take almost half the vote away from her--not bad for somebody new going against someone who has been in way too long (she is as career politician as you can get). But people really should see past her sympathy card that she always plays being a widow. That was ok for a short time after Tim's death, but the feel sorry for me card doesn't cut it anymore. She also hung on to Suzi Schmidt's coattails during the campaign. Does she not have a brain of her own? I voted for Pollak cause we definitely need new blood and Pollak is more like the rest of us and is in tune with what small businesses are going thru -- she has no clue, he was also endorsed by the Sierra Club and going green is where it's at today. She should just stick with what she knows insurance. You only hear from her during election time otherwise it's as if she doesn't exist. I wanted a state rep that is going to be visible, accessible and hands on and she has never done that and never will. Pollak I believe he was for the people and had a genuine concern for the citizens Joanne's concern is just for herself. She has done absolutely nothing for her district and never will. Hopefully Pollak will run again and then win cause then people will see what they have been missing all these years -- true representation-- something Osmond has not done and never will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reliable painter wanted 3 hr paintingpro 3
Antioch Rescue Squad - where is the money? 4 hr NeuHaven mom 63
What happened at Rosewood apartments 10/20/14 Fri mother in fear 1
grayslake pool (Jul '11) Fri Duck Hook 13
Sheri Jesiel, left, and Loren Karner are candid... Fri Give it up 7
Antioch bowling alley Oct 23 township resident 2
Girl hit by car driven by illegal immigrant in ... (Sep '11) Oct 22 tired 8
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match

Lake Villa Jobs