Two Teens Die in Antioch Car Crash Mo...

Two Teens Die in Antioch Car Crash Monday Night

There are 43 comments on the Patch.com story from Feb 19, 2013, titled Two Teens Die in Antioch Car Crash Monday Night. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl were killed Monday night after their vehicle struck a tree in Antioch.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Father of Ashly

Mchenry, IL

#24 Feb 24, 2013
I would like to thank the defenders of the children involved in this tragic accident. As a father of five, everyday your child leaves the house you can only hope that you have had a positive influence on their judgement calls. But i can assure you that my daughter ashley was sober and drug free. As for JoJo
he is going to have to learn to love or die lonely.I only wish ashley could have touched everyone's life especially JoJo's.
Love and thanks from the Seay family
Lars Johnson

Waukegan, IL

#26 Feb 24, 2013
Bub wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about drunk, but it's pretty apparent that he was driving too fast for conditions. Kids see themselves as invincible.
Agree, teens, cars, and speed is a dangerous mix - unfortunately these events have occurred in the past, and will continue into the future. I know when I was a teenager with my "fast" car, I did some foolish things, very glad I never hurt anyone (nut myself and my pocketbook).

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#27 Feb 25, 2013
Father of Ashly wrote:
I would like to thank the defenders of the children involved in this tragic accident. As a father of five, everyday your child leaves the house you can only hope that you have had a positive influence on their judgement calls. But i can assure you that my daughter ashley was sober and drug free. As for JoJo
he is going to have to learn to love or die lonely.I only wish ashley could have touched everyone's life especially JoJo's.
Love and thanks from the Seay family
My sincere sympathies to you, your family, and to all who lost a loved one. My heart aches for you. My daughter is approaching driving age, has a boyfriend who just got his license, and as a parent - it is frightening. As you say, you hope that you have taught them well, and they've listened. Hopefully this tragedy will make our kids take driving a bit more seriously. God Bless you...
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#28 Feb 25, 2013
I have a 30 yr old daughter who was legally driving on a permit at 15 1/2 got her license at 16.
She's a great driver never a ticket or an accident.
Yet i still worry about her every time i know she's driving.
Its a parents thing to worry about it.
Even the best of drivers can have an accident especially in bad weather.
More snow on the way too.
Please drive safe out there this week.
My prayers are with Ashley's family and with the boy's family.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#30 Jun 25, 2013
We have lost another one. Another tragedy for this small town. Another family suffering. RIP Cynthia

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130624/n...
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#31 Jun 25, 2013
The two in the front seat obviously were wearing seat belts.
Not sure about the back two.
But seat belts do save lives even in the back seat.
Antiocher

Round Lake, IL

#32 Jun 25, 2013
How can anyone make assumptions on this tragedy before any details are even known. There is nothing obvious. How dare you even bring this up. RIP child. Another heartbreaking loss.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#33 Jun 25, 2013
I am heartbroken for this child this morning, and for her brother and friends. A dear friend to my daughter, she was fiercely independent, confident, and unafraid to stand up for herself and others. She may not have always made the best choices in life, but did the best with the circumstances she had.

Rest in Peace, Cynthia. Thank you for all you did. You will be missed.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#34 Jun 25, 2013
Antiocher wrote:
How can anyone make assumptions on this tragedy before any details are even known. There is nothing obvious. How dare you even bring this up. RIP child. Another heartbreaking loss.
YEAH how dare i making an assumption on the need of wearing seats belts.
I should have waited until this link
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/subu...
So now i know they weren't careless.
They were DUMB AZZ punks drag racing and endangering not just themselves but everyone else out there.
Yeah i dare to say wearing seat belts save lives
Yeah i dare to say drag racing is DUMB AZZ
Humble Reader

Chicago, IL

#35 Jun 26, 2013
@ Mystery Man

Nice language for a family forum. Aren't you cool, spelling like a gangster. You make me sick.

And here you go again, bashing a child who has died and can't defend herself. Feel real proud of yourself? The other posters call you a narcissist, I call you a straight up BULLY.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#36 Jun 26, 2013
Humble Reader wrote:
@ Mystery Man
Nice language for a family forum. Aren't you cool, spelling like a gangster. You make me sick.
And here you go again, bashing a child who has died and can't defend herself. Feel real proud of yourself? The other posters call you a narcissist, I call you a straight up BULLY.
Yeah i'm very proud of myself.
I raised a daughter with a perfect driving record.
That just shows how little you know about me.
Not gangster talk. I guess you never met a gangster. I actually have.
What i said was the truth.
And i spoke in the language punks who drag race talk like.
Otherwise like you who doesn't know squat about me, gangsters, or even drag racing they wouldn't understand.
They only know punk talk. You know zip.
And yeah if you're going to drag race people are going to die.
Its just that serious.
Get your head out of your butt and realize that piece of truth.
You want your kid safe keep them away from drag racing.
You think i'm the bad guy.
Guess what no one ever died in car.
And one person learned how to drive very safely.
So i could care less about you and how you feel about me.
Ignorance Watch

Round Lake, IL

#38 Jun 26, 2013
Another narcissistic post above. He cant even see how ridiculous he is.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#39 Jun 26, 2013
Ignorance Watch wrote:
Another narcissistic post above. He cant even see how ridiculous he is.
Are you under some sort of delusion that topix is a popularity contest ?
Its an opinion/commenting forum.
Making friends is not the goal of a forum like this one.
I post as often as i can on topic.
Whether you like or hate my opinion doesn't mean zip to me.
In fact even if you hate it at least you read it.
Do you think anyone reads your posts.
You guys post the SAME exact insults towards me.
So why would anyone with intelligence want to read the same insults over and over again.
Now who is being ridiculous ?
Me who at least post different stuff or you posting the same garbage insults that everyone else has BEFORE you .
LOL you lemming.
Mysterymam

United States

#41 Jun 28, 2013
Heres some new ones... you are an inconsiderate, self centered, seemingly lonely ( as you are proud stating over and over how much your posts are read.) I read em all. Not just yours.) Probably have some sort of micro penis or "mangina" as no self respecting real man would allow your words spewing past that inner filter we all have which you lack...guess you arent perfect afterall. If you truely stand by your word lets meet for lunch sometime. I would LOVE to chit chat. You simply fish for reactions with little consideration for fact/reasoning/or consideration for the feelings of others "dumbazz" . Peace be wit ya littleman. Hope your feelings of inadequacy don't consume you any longer so you may finally stop these psychopathic behaviours. Google the word ... symptoms of red flags present throughout your ramblings. And i can decifer the imposters from yours . You are NOT a man. But a coward with "ballz" of steel while behind the safety of a keyboard. God bless
Mysterymam

United States

#42 Jun 28, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah i'm very proud of myself.
I raised a daughter with a perfect driving record.
That just shows how little you know about me.
Not gangster talk. I guess you never met a gangster. I actually have.
What i said was the truth.
And i spoke in the language punks who drag race talk like.
Otherwise like you who doesn't know squat about me, gangsters, or even drag racing they wouldn't understand.
They only know punk talk. You know zip.
And yeah if you're going to drag race people are going to die.
Its just that serious.
Get your head out of your butt and realize that piece of truth.
You want your kid safe keep them away from drag racing.
You think i'm the bad guy.
Guess what no one ever died in car.
And one person learned how to drive very safely.
So i could care less about you and how you feel about me.
Drag racers only know punk talk and you say lnow zip? You my friend know zip. Accountants, bankers, etc. Bored with their lives go out , buy a fast car, and illegally race for thrills. Who do you think has the $$$ to buy the supercars or exotics. You really are oblivious and live within your own mind. Keep "your world" in your head or start a blog your "followers" can read since so many love you. This is an opinion site. Not hate mongering site
Mystery Man

Chicago, IL

#43 Jun 28, 2013
Oh, hooray!
Another tragedy. Another child has died.
Now how do I make this all about me?
Who cares about those suffering or in pain, this is MY domain.
I'm the only one who matters here anyway.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#44 Jun 28, 2013
Mysterymam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hate mongering site
Really ? Then why are you stealing my screen name ?
If you're such a nice guy why don't you use own screen name.
Stealing my name is not what i would call being nice.
So who is the real hateful person ?
That would be you.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#45 Jun 30, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
That would be you.
Im not quite sure mm but maybe you cant read. His name is mysterymam. you see mam. different then yours. he stole nothing. other than your dignity.
wasteofthumbmove ment

United States

#46 Jul 3, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be you.
Not your name simpleton.MYSTERYMAM.a play on words maybe.but not a direct impersonation.
wasteofthumbmove ment

United States

#47 Jul 3, 2013
fox laker wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not quite sure mm but maybe you cant read. His name is mysterymam. you see mam. different then yours. he stole nothing. other than your dignity.
&#9829; thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
home choice stores (Aug '09) 17 hr chi-city 21
Tear down Antioch bowling alley 23 hr long time resident 21
News TLC Coffeehouse Serves Antioch Community Sat Locally owned 26
News Antioch buys 50 acres for $1 million to boost g... Jul 29 My kids eat veggies 19
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Jul 29 Chris in Berwyn 121
Finally someone is getting things done in Antioch Jul 29 Lodvus M 22
Light Needed At Molidor And Route 12 (Oct '11) Jul 29 Nellie 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages