cops at the gas station at 83 and North Ave

Posted in the Lake Villa Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
res

Round Lake, IL

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Saw at least 4 squad cars there this morning,
somethings up....

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#2 Jan 14, 2013
I think they get free coffee there

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 14, 2013
I saw them there also, Sat and Sun morning. Definitely not there for coffee. Squads on all sides of the building, they appeared to be waiting for someone to drive by...
Mystery Man

Waukegan, IL

#4 Jan 14, 2013
They were waiting for me to show up so they could buy me coffee and personally thank me for setting such a fine example of debating without using insults and personal attacks to make my points.
However i had to disappoint them because i'm just a humble guy and my duty is here helping all of you.
Antiocher

Round Lake, IL

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Why is it that some people just like to hijack posts for their own agendas? I find it irritating and unfortunate for those of us that actually like to post on topics.
Muystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Antiocher wrote:
Why is it that some people just like to hijack posts for their own agendas? I find it irritating and unfortunate for those of us that actually like to post on topics.
Yes shame on YOU for not posting on topic.
Stop posting about me.
But seriously there wasn't any news and still isnt any news.
A little humor won't hurt.
In fact someone else before me posted about free donuts.
Guys like you get all sensitive if i make a statement or joke you don't like.
But its ok if others make jokes or comments off topic about free coffee and donuts.
Don't whine since you guys created a double standard not me.
fox laker

Lake Villa, IL

#7 Jan 14, 2013
This mystery man, whoever he may be, is trolling posts. I for one enjoy searching for and reading all the goofy nonsense posted by some people. Cuz I know when I find a goofy nonsense comment that there will be a reply from a mystery man thats even more hysterical than the original post. More to come......

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#8 Jan 15, 2013
Goofy nonsense or not, they do get free coffee there. Some mornings when I stop on my way to work, there are 2 or 3 squads there, filling their mugs. Heck, I'd take free coffee too if offered. And it's good security for the station.

Anyway, I haven't heard anything else, and I'm glad, there's been enough bad crap happening around town these past few months.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#9 Jan 15, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
Goofy nonsense or not, they do get free coffee there. Some mornings when I stop on my way to work, there are 2 or 3 squads there, filling their mugs. Heck, I'd take free coffee too if offered. And it's good security for the station.
Anyway, I haven't heard anything else, and I'm glad, there's been enough bad crap happening around town these past few months.
yeah i remember seeing cops getting free coffee at the White Hen in Fox Lake back in the day.
Like you i have no problem with it.
In fact i felt safer going there at night knowing there were cops there.
That really wasn't my point.
The point is you or anyone else can make comments about it and no one bats an eye. God forbid if i make the same comment.
That is the hypocrisy of those looking to take cheap shots at me.
I'm not bothered by it but i am going to point it out that they are hypocrites.
Personally i much prefer to actually talk about the topic of what the thread is actually about.
One liners should be on tweeter not a forum.
I can make the exact same comment and
Antiocher

Round Lake, IL

#10 Jan 15, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah i remember seeing cops getting free coffee at the White Hen in Fox Lake back in the day.
Like you i have no problem with it.
In fact i felt safer going there at night knowing there were cops there.
That really wasn't my point.
The point is you or anyone else can make comments about it and no one bats an eye. God forbid if i make the same comment.
That is the hypocrisy of those looking to take cheap shots at me.
I'm not bothered by it but i am going to point it out that they are hypocrites.
Personally i much prefer to actually talk about the topic of what the thread is actually about.
One liners should be on tweeter not a forum.
I can make the exact same comment and
YOU are the biggest hypocrite on Topix. YOU bully, hijack topics and REFUSE to take any helpful critiques from ANYONE! If you paid any attention whatsoever to people's comments, you might actually LEARN something. Instead, you whine and cry that everyone is taking cheap shots or bullying you. BULL. You only get what is absolutely deserved. You are so full of it it is unbelievable!
Thank you for once again taking over an interesting topic and making it all about you!
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Antiocher wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the biggest hypocrite on Topix. YOU bully, hijack topics and REFUSE to take any helpful critiques from ANYONE! If you paid any attention whatsoever to people's comments, you might actually LEARN something. Instead, you whine and cry that everyone is taking cheap shots or bullying you. BULL. You only get what is absolutely deserved. You are so full of it it is unbelievable!
Thank you for once again taking over an interesting topic and making it all about you!
OK enlighten me on this topic.
so far you haven't made a single comment on this topic in here or anywhere for that matter.

Truth is you are the one making it about me.
You never post on topic.
Maybe you need to learn what a topic forum is really about.
As for your opinion of me what would i care about that in a topic forum.
Go back to enlightening me about this topic.
You know so much.
Antiocher

Round Lake, IL

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
OK enlighten me on this topic.
so far you haven't made a single comment on this topic in here or anywhere for that matter.
Truth is you are the one making it about me.
You never post on topic.
Maybe you need to learn what a topic forum is really about.
As for your opinion of me what would i care about that in a topic forum.
Go back to enlightening me about this topic.
You know so much.
Too late. Your selfishness and pig-headedness has already destroyed yet another topic.

Go whine somewhere else.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Antiocher wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the biggest hypocrite on Topix. YOU bully, hijack topics and REFUSE to take any helpful critiques from ANYONE! If you paid any attention whatsoever to people's comments, you might actually LEARN something. Instead, you whine and cry that everyone is taking cheap shots or bullying you. BULL. You only get what is absolutely deserved. You are so full of it it is unbelievable!
Thank you for once again taking over an interesting topic and making it all about you!
Well said.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#14 Jan 15, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah i remember seeing cops getting free coffee at the White Hen in Fox Lake back in the day.
Like you i have no problem with it.
In fact i felt safer going there at night knowing there were cops there.
That really wasn't my point.
The point is you or anyone else can make comments about it and no one bats an eye. God forbid if i make the same comment.
That is the hypocrisy of those looking to take cheap shots at me.
I'm not bothered by it but i am going to point it out that they are hypocrites.
Personally i much prefer to actually talk about the topic of what the thread is actually about.
One liners should be on tweeter not a forum.
I can make the exact same comment and
I'm not going to get into a pissing match here, but you took this off topic with your first post. My reply was intended to imply "maybe they were there because they get free coffee." Period. End of story. And no thanks, I only use Twitter to keep up with my teenagers. But if I want to post a one liner here, I'm going to. That's my prerogative.

As I have stated before, you have strong opinions and you are not hesitant to post them. IMO, you need to temper those opinions with respect for others opinions. You don't come across as particularly open and accepting, and that, combined with a strong position, will piss people off.

That's my opinion. I'm not going to argue about it, just express it and move along. And yes, I'm off topic but so is everyone else.

Tweet tweet.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#15 Jan 15, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to get into a pissing match here, but you took this off topic with your first post. My reply was intended to imply "maybe they were there because they get free coffee." Period. End of story. And no thanks, I only use Twitter to keep up with my teenagers. But if I want to post a one liner here, I'm going to. That's my prerogative.
As I have stated before, you have strong opinions and you are not hesitant to post them. IMO, you need to temper those opinions with respect for others opinions. You don't come across as particularly open and accepting, and that, combined with a strong position, will piss people off.
That's my opinion. I'm not going to argue about it, just express it and move along. And yes, I'm off topic but so is everyone else.
Tweet tweet.
Exactly my point.
Its ok if you're off topic but its not ok if i'm off topic.

Funny you mention i should show respect towards others.
But i've never called anyone names like they have me.
And i don't see you telling them they should show respect towards me and not use this forum for name calling.

Life is a two way street.
And even then i show more respect then they do since i don't do name calling.

You have the right to tweet on here then i certainly have the right to post what i post.
Not a contest but a matter of equality.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#16 Jan 15, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly my point.
Its ok if you're off topic but its not ok if i'm off topic.
Funny you mention i should show respect towards others.
But i've never called anyone names like they have me.
And i don't see you telling them they should show respect towards me and not use this forum for name calling.
Life is a two way street.
And even then i show more respect then they do since i don't do name calling.
You have the right to tweet on here then i certainly have the right to post what i post.
Not a contest but a matter of equality.
Dude, seriously, you are exhausting.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 15, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, seriously, you are exhausting.
LOL, sorry to keep this going but..exactly! Antiocher nailed it.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#18 Jan 15, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, seriously, you are exhausting.
Seriously ?
until this post i had 5 post in here to your 4
sounds pretty close
but its a double standard in here.
you guys only count my posts never your own.
If it makes you happy you can blame me.
Antiocher

Round Lake, IL

#19 Jan 15, 2013
Absolutely hysterical! I am convinced that this guy has a screw loose. lol
Shaking my head

Round Lake, IL

#20 Jan 15, 2013
I'ts obvious Mystery (Ahem) Man has a small penis complex and has to see how people react to his inane comments. Best to not comment further on his posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015 Antioch Village Elections 12 hr ANTIOCHIAN 2
Chief Foerster is being sued for Discrimination! (Nov '09) Tue Dude putdownthecr... 72
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Tue duh 79
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Nov 20 Sad in Lakemoor 127
Mayor Rich Hill stopped for suspicion of drunk ... Nov 20 j dawg 5
other known drug dealers (Apr '12) Nov 14 MeadowbrookFarmBoy 34
which neighborhood has more crime or is more gh... (Jul '09) Nov 13 j dawg 123
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Villa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Villa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:35 pm PST

ESPN 2:35PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:46 PM
Improving Packers D gets test with Gronkowski - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
Bleacher Report 5:56 PM
Breaking Down Lions' Game Plan vs. Bears
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday