Water bill too damn high.

Water bill too damn high.

Posted in the Lake Villa Forum

no more cash

Highwood, IL

#1 Nov 18, 2009
Well I have tried to save as much money as I can change toliets, faucets etc... and my bill is still over $200.00 on every bill...What the hell is going on? the water dept has come out to check everthing...(they don't really do anything)and still my bill is too high...Anybody else having this problem or is it just me?
Aqua

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2009
I don't have that problem. Do you have a large family? When I had a tempory guest in my home my bill went up about 50.00. Well she was taking luxery showers but anyways. At that time I also noticed somthing called a maintinance fee that normally we do not see often. I called the village and was told after we went over so many gallons of water there is a fee they charge. The village has a normal gallon usage they charge for and when you go over this amount they charge more. Check you bill to see if you have this charge.
Wizard of oz

Ripon, WI

#3 Nov 18, 2009
I use to live in Wildwood back in the early 70's.
Since I was living at home I did not know just what was being paid out in water bills/septic.
We have a average water/ septic bill of approx $70.00 each month in Wisconsin and I think that is high.
Wish there was a answer why...
krimsin

Round Lake, IL

#4 Nov 19, 2009
no more cash wrote:
Well I have tried to save as much money as I can change toliets, faucets etc... and my bill is still over $200.00 on every bill...What the hell is going on? the water dept has come out to check everthing...(they don't really do anything)and still my bill is too high...Anybody else having this problem or is it just me?
how many kids do you have ?
just me and my wife cost me about $160.00
you may have a slow leak !
Wizard of oz

Ripon, WI

#5 Nov 19, 2009
I would suggest, turn off the toilet and sinks and watch your meter to see if it is moving. If it is then there has to be a leak after the meter and inside your home. I had a toitel that I did not realize the float in the tank was too high and water was going into the tank so slowly I did not see it taking place in the bowl.
Brian S

United States

#6 Nov 19, 2009
Funny how things go up when a village needs money.whats next tickets for not cutting your grass. oh yeah they already do that! except fo some certain people by murphy who get away with it.
Shayla

Albemarle, NC

#7 Nov 20, 2009
I guess I can't complain of my 50 dollar a month water and sewer bill!
Concerned Resident

AOL

#8 Nov 20, 2009
My understanding is that their are a few hidden charges on your water bill. WE are now paying the 1 million dollar loan that was taken out to pay for mainstreet renovation. I do not see much rennovation, nor is now the time to be rennovating. We are soon to be paying back the loan the elected officials just took out at Norstates Bank for radio transmitters to be installed on everybodys water meter so the meter reader does not have to get out of his/her truck. Remember 20 years ago when the village board adopted a minimum usage fee for every resident, that was to make certain the bonds could be paid off in a timely manner that allowed us to hook up to Lake Michigan water. Well the bonds are now paid back. Doesnt it make sense that we should now only be charged on what we use?? That would save many residents A LOT of money. A single person that takes 1 shower and washes 1 dish could never possibly use the amount of water billed. Where does that extra money go?? They charge the residents a minimum fee for water and sewer he or she actually never uses. The county charges us for what we DO use and the volume of our sewer and that overcharge is never accounted for. Oh ya and Saddlebrook Farms has their own water and sewer so the Village gets no income from there either, however the owners of Saddlebrook Farms are compensated nicely by the Saddlebrook residents for the water they are provided.
Brian S

United States

#9 Nov 25, 2009
Concerned Resident: I once again applaud your initiative to research the truth, it is overwhelming when you find that politics in Round Lake Park is not only different from other towns or cities, the ability to not tell the truth to itÂ’s residents is phenomenal, and then not hide the facts! Unacceptable I say, unacceptable. I have spoke to 2 former trustees and a current trustee on separate occasions, I was astounded at the story I heard about how the Mayor manipulates meeting before they take place so she gets her way, it is obvious to me we need a revolt here and find new management to run the positions currently filled by individuals who have over stayed their welcome, I applaud you again if you are the same one, please tell your neighbors and friends in the village we need to attend these meetings and call them on their mistakes, also we need to petition to have Saddlebrook removed from Round Lake Park, send them to Grayslake where they state they are from anyway.
ms briggs

Leesburg, FL

#10 Nov 17, 2012
my bill in round lake beach is so high for 4 months I've paid almost 300 so far and cant wait to get the hell out round lake beach il and dont want no part of nothing that got round lake in it
Workinman

Lake Villa, IL

#12 Nov 23, 2012
Rl has a nice system 10$ charge they bill you to bill you!maybe we should charge them for payment labor of writing a check is higher than clicking a button to print my bill.just a thought bill you to pay you hmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Small Engine Repair is a scam (Jul '11) Thu dead grandma 118
Martin Valadez (May '09) Thu ray 209
caution,charles trinchetilla III might be back Thu enemy1 1
Macek Rumours! (Mar '15) Jun 24 Issac Newton Fan 27
Poll Red light cameras at Rt. 12 & Rt. 134- Safety o... (Jan '11) Jun 19 JustPassingThrough 22
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? (Aug '14) Jun 13 Nils Trillingham III 24
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Jun 2 raisal 159

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages