Ila Bauer's legacy looms large in Rou...

Ila Bauer's legacy looms large in Round Lake Park campaign

There are 9 comments on the The News-Sun story from Apr 11, 2007, titled Ila Bauer's legacy looms large in Round Lake Park campaign. In it, The News-Sun reports that:

“Like a lot of people I often complained about local government but I guess to make a difference you have to be part of it.”

Though former mayor Ila Bauer passed away more than a year ago, a heated Village Board race still focuses on some decisions she made when she was in office. via The News-Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Sun.

Just Horsin Around

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 11, 2007
Interesting to note the Martinez thinks people should clean up their yards when his is a pigsty (no offense meant to pigs).
Steven

United States

#2 Apr 20, 2007
The people have spoken and this so called “Bauer legacy” is coming too an end. Her first term she did ok but after that it’s been hell. Now all we need is to have Ila’s boy Teubert resign and all that will be left is her alcoholic has been husband and her idiot son who can’t hold a job.
Just Horsin Around

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 22, 2007
Anyone in your family that we can pick apart, Steven?
4closer

Glendale Heights, IL

#4 May 3, 2007
Round two, three and four to come soon!
Just Horsin Around

Chicago, IL

#5 May 4, 2007
Can you elaborate on that, 4closer? Also, did the house foreclosure come up yet? Is Teubert still a trustee even though he lost the mayoral election?
For the Good Times

United States

#6 Jun 16, 2007
I guess one of the mistakes that Teubert made was not being born with a silver spoon in his pocket and his name made well known going back to older generations.
Even though this issue is all said and done,
the McCue gang must have been worried about the votes, since they felt the need to dig up the dirt on Teubert so close to the election.

I guess we now know the choice that Teubert and his gang made on NOT TO FIGHT DIRT WITH DIRT, was a mistake.

I guess now, we can only hope that this is not a power game and that the village and/or residents are being heard and that being the focus.

anon

United States

#7 Jun 27, 2007
Teubert didn’t get elected simply because he’s a moron. He can’t even run a committee and he wants to be mayor? He has chaired the ordinance and code review committee for 10 years and as a long time resident I can tell you first hand that code compliance is at an all time low. This town is a pigsty look around at the number of houses with garbage lying around and that are in need of paint and repairs. Recently his committee made it a PRIORITY to pass a satellite dish ordinance to regulate where you can put your TV dish. Are you kidding me? You have yards full of garbage, junk cars, appliances, and houses in need of paint and repair and his priority is a satellite dish ordinance? Back in 2005 he lost the election in every precinct except Saddlebrook and the only reason he won there is because he was on Baur’s slate. Since then he has done nothing as a trustee, he filed bankruptcy, his house is in foreclosure, he publicly admitted breaking the law with his campaign signs and his few supporters think he lost the campaign because somebody dug up some dirt on him before the election? How about the illegal stunt he pulled the night before the election. He knowingly broke the law by trespassing and soliciting when he took a group of minors into Saddlebrook farms in the middle of the night putting fliers on all there doors. What if a senior looked out that night saw someone in their yard and had a heart attack? Not to mention after the police showed up he defied them took a couple of minors and kept passing out fliers. What kind of role model is this? Still not convinced this man is a loser? How about the fact he put a huge addition on his house with no permit. Yes I know a permit card finally surfaced but all the inspection sheets and paperwork to go with it never did and that proves it didn’t exist. Avon Township never got any required paperwork on it and only found out about it because some one called them about a year ago and ratted him out! I honestly feel sorry for his running mates in the past and possible future election’s he is unelectable (lost by 70% of the vote) and should resign his trustee seat and go away.
blast from the past

Brea, CA

#8 Jul 8, 2007
Steven wrote:
The people have spoken and this so called “Bauer legacy” is coming too an end. Her first term she did ok but after that it’s been hell. Now all we need is to have Ila’s boy Teubert resign and all that will be left is her alcoholic has been husband and her idiot son who can’t hold a job.
Things just don't change do they? I'm talking about the Bauer family legacy. I also guess that from a previous comment RLP looks the same, old, poor, and trashy. Too bad.
cupcake

Riverside, CA

#9 Jan 5, 2015
Steven wrote:
Pretty accurate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skipper Buds sequoit marina route 173 hotel exp... Feb 23 Porky 1
Shaughnessy for Supervisor: "Nothing Changes if... Feb 20 CitizenforShaughn... 2
Antioch Small Engine Repair is a scam (Jul '11) Feb 17 Reedonkulous 124
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Feb 15 Chloe123 168
Trump Feb 12 Concerned Citizen 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Richard Hill as Mayor? Feb 11 Alex Wojnicki 1
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Feb 10 MNPropertyGroup 154

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages