Subdivision Associations For Condo's and Townhomes

Posted in the Lake Villa Forum

Jan

Round Lake, IL

#1 Jan 21, 2014
We have sidewalks here in Terra Springs that never get shoveled which in fact my partner fell while walking our dog tonight. I hope the hell he's OK tomorrow because he had a hip replacement a couple years ago and a problem with his back. I'll be on the war path tomorrow if he has problems walking. We pay around $160.00 Association Fee per month and many of us wonder what for? We don't have a park or a pool. We have a gym room which costs us $70.00 per year plus a $50.00 deposit so the people who want to use it are paying that much more onto their Association fee. The meetings here may contain maybe three to ten people. We have almost 300 units so that's a bad show. Everyone says that the Board is no good so they don't bother going anymore. When we moved here it was beautiful. There was was supposed to be no more than 10% renters, well that went to hell. No wonder no ones at the meeting, half of us are renters now and the rest are sick and tired of the B.S. It's not beautiful anymore, we have some really inconsiderate people here who don't pick up their dog crap, don't care for their property and I'll be damned if the owners who rent their places out check references. It's frustrating talking to someone on the Board. They play stupid if you bring up a good point and make up stupid excuses for things that should be changed. I have to blow off some steam here as my life savings was put on this place and it's worth half of what we paid for. Otherwise, we are stuck here as well as many people are in the same position. I've had a renter live directly across from me who used to clean his guns and shoot his bb gun out into the open where birds, dogs babies and people could be walking. He should have been forced out by the Board for what he used to do. No one cared. Well, I smartened up, I'm prepared if I get another inbreed idiot living across from me. Every time someone moves out we worry about what's going to move in. Will we have a drug house living next to us, perhaps a family of 10, or maybe a few guys from one of the famous Chicago street gangs? Very possible. We have had to call the cops dozens of time on some of these people. Any of you out there have these kinds of problems? Let me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Grant teacher charged with sexual assaul... (Nov '13) 11 hr dont trust teachers 7
News New Antioch bistro to feature French cuisine (Apr '09) Apr 14 notgoing tothebistro 291
Antioch Township Website Apr 12 Mom 17
Vegas Restaurant!!!! Apr 9 Hungry 1
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Apr 8 chinadoll 102
IH Rent -- Invitation Homes Rentals (Feb '14) Apr 8 chinadoll 50
Ambulance vote a mess Apr 8 resident bobby 6
More from around the web

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]