Target backs out of Antioch

Target backs out of Antioch

There are 31 comments on the Daily Herald story from Dec 29, 2007, titled Target backs out of Antioch. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

“I can't speculate if the project will move forward. I would certainly hope so.”

Disappointing sales and a housing market slump are prompting Target Corp. to scrap plans to build several new stores in the Chicago area. via Daily Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Johnny the fox

Riverside, MI

#1 Dec 31, 2007
I'd rather have Target in Antioch than those Half Wits who run/work at the Super Walmart.
I'll just continue to go elsewhere..anywhere is better thna Wallymart
The Watcher

United States

#2 Dec 31, 2007
Johnny the fox wrote:
I'd rather have Target in Antioch than those Half Wits who run/work at the Super Walmart.
I'll just continue to go elsewhere..anywhere is better thna Wallymart
That pretty well say's it all. "AND A BIG BINGO "
johnny wad

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Dec 31, 2007
i need a cigarette....
The Watcher

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2007
That only takes place in Wisconsin!.Where they just raised the tax's I heard.
resident

Merrillville, IN

#5 Dec 31, 2007
The Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>That pretty well say's it all. "AND A BIG BINGO "
DINGO BINGO
fka Antioch Resident

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 2, 2008
Wow. This is really disappointing. I don't like Walmart. Guess me and my tax dollars will keep driving to Gurnee.

If any store backed out, I'd have expected it to be Lowe's. That's the one that I don't think will have enough support. Actually, I'd expect Lowe's to thrive and Menards to go under.
joe

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2008
If anyone even noticed most Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menards stores are right by each other. They don't go out of business. As far as the Wal-Mart in Antioch, it sucks. The people who work there are complete assholes. The people at the doors are a pothetic excuse to be called "greeters". New Wal-Marts like Crystal Lake and Woodstock are great. And Target sucks. Everything is way overpriced, and its unfair that they do everything that walmart does (except have low prices and carry less stuff and are always out of stock) and Wal-Mart is still the bad guy.
WAZ

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2008
?
MWgirl

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2008
As I smoke my cigarette and drive peacefully to my nearby Target(in Lake Geneva)I realize how happy I am to be out of Anti-crotch after 10 long years. The best thing about Antioch is the post office workers, they rock. For the most part everyone else acts like you are a bother to serve. i.e. banks,stores,cops,restaurants, etc.
resident

Woodstock, IL

#10 Jan 9, 2008
MWgirl wrote:
As I smoke my cigarette and drive peacefully to my nearby Target(in Lake Geneva)I realize how happy I am to be out of Anti-crotch after 10 long years. The best thing about Antioch is the post office workers, they rock. For the most part everyone else acts like you are a bother to serve. i.e. banks,stores,cops,restaurants, etc.
BITE ME CHEESE HEAD. Also the PACK SUCKS.
joe

Antioch, IL

#11 Jan 9, 2008
MWgirl wrote:
I totaly agree. antioch is gay!
Hi Standard

AOL

#12 Jan 9, 2008
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I totaly agree. antioch is gay!
You think Antioch is gay you should meet the Resident.
joe

United States

#13 Jan 9, 2008
Hi Standard wrote:
<quoted text>You think Antioch is gay you should meet the Resident.
what? whos the resident?
La Queer

United States

#15 Jan 10, 2008
That person is my very best friend.Their my little three dollar bill,I love that person to death.We belonged to the same political party C.A.P.(control all politics) Any we had a neat resturant to hide atin the corner. But then I had to leave town in a hurry and I miss that person so much. Love ya resident!call me.

Since: Jan 08

Lake Geneva

#16 Feb 26, 2008
resident wrote:
<quoted text>BITE ME CHEESE HEAD. Also the PACK SUCKS.
Bite u? U have enough going against u being from Round Lake Beach and all. DA BEARS! ALWAYS DA BEARS!:~`)
outside

New Lenox, IL

#17 Feb 26, 2008
You think the Walmart in Antioch is bad, you should go to the one in Round Lake. I can't even go there at night without worrying about my life. The greeter is usually nice though.
RESIDENT

Woodstock, IL

#18 Feb 26, 2008
MWgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite u? U have enough going against u being from Round Lake Beach and all. DA BEARS! ALWAYS DA BEARS!:~`)
GO BACK TO GREENBAY YOU DONT LIVE IN OUR STATE> YOU HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS WITH ALL THE OTHER CHEESE HEADS
Fan of Residunce

Bellwood, IL

#19 Feb 26, 2008
Well well well Residunce, you just keep jumping around don't you? Do you know what the difference between being taken seriously and looking really stupid is? It's about one eighth of an inch. That's the exact didtance between your little pinky and the Caps Lock key. Try using it sometimes dunce. How's the whole village board thing working out for you Bob?
Fan of Residunce

Bellwood, IL

#20 Feb 26, 2008
outside wrote:
You think the Walmart in Antioch is bad, you should go to the one in Round Lake. I can't even go there at night without worrying about my life. The greeter is usually nice though.
You're Goddamn right about hte Round Lake thing. The town puts up with all sorts of CrAP, don't they?
RESIDENT

Woodstock, IL

#21 Feb 26, 2008
Fan of Residunce wrote:
Well well well Residunce, you just keep jumping around don't you? Do you know what the difference between being taken seriously and looking really stupid is? It's about one eighth of an inch. That's the exact didtance between your little pinky and the Caps Lock key. Try using it sometimes dunce. How's the whole village board thing working out for you Bob?
Not Bob but hows your 3"s working out for you Dennis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Dr. Dennis Thain? 16 hr Bob K 14
No Stoplight at Grim Road Jun 16 Chad 4
News Huge crowd weighs in on township's proposal to ... Jun 9 T Woods 2
Martin Valadez (May '09) Jun 7 iFUDONTNO 214
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Jun 2 Jamie P 161
Van/Bus Accident in Salem May 24 Hugh Girrod 6
round lake gangs (Jun '09) May '17 Anonymous 116

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance