Boaters return to Chain O' Lakes-for now

The return of boaters to the Chain O' Lakes on Thursday morning was a welcome sign for business owners who make the bulk of their yearly income between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Full Story
Kevin

Huntley, IL

#1 Jun 27, 2008
If the Fox Chain continues to flood every 5 to 10 years like this then the goverment should buy out the floodplain and be done with it.

Sorry residents. This program of bailing you out year after year when you've obviously built a home somwhere it shouldn't have been built is just a more complicated form of welfare.
Not under water

Lisle, IL

#2 Jun 27, 2008
Kevin wrote:
If the Fox Chain continues to flood every 5 to 10 years like this then the goverment should buy out the floodplain and be done with it.
Sorry residents. This program of bailing you out year after year when you've obviously built a home somwhere it shouldn't have been built is just a more complicated form of welfare.
"The [goverment] should byt out the floodplain"? Why exactly am I resoposible for buying the house of some idiot that built a house where it floods? Let him deal with it. The insurance for the place is probably through the roof and yet they stay, that should tell you something about the mentality of the people that would subject themselves to this year afer year. We shouldn't spend one dime on this, their house, their bill.
ilphil

Waukegan, IL

#3 Jun 27, 2008
Not under water wrote:
<quoted text>
"The [goverment] should byt out the floodplain"? Why exactly am I resoposible for buying the house of some idiot that built a house where it floods? Let him deal with it. The insurance for the place is probably through the roof and yet they stay, that should tell you something about the mentality of the people that would subject themselves to this year afer year. We shouldn't spend one dime on this, their house, their bill.
That's funny...most of us up here in Antioch say pretty much the same thing when Chicago expects more $$ from us to solve thier problems.
You subject yourself to Chicago's problems year after year, why should we spend a dime to bail YOU out?
JFK

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 27, 2008
Haley could afford to fix the entire chain himself. He isn't getting any sympathy from me.
Grassy Lake Knowle

Lisle, IL

#5 Jun 27, 2008
JFK wrote:
Haley could afford to fix the entire chain himself. He isn't getting any sympathy from me.
maybe he could buy it with the villages money...
Kevin

Huntley, IL

#6 Jun 27, 2008
It's cheaper for the government to buy the property outright than it is to give below market rate loan after loan to them.

I like your solution of not giving them a dime and letting it be between the insurance companies and the homeowners and let the market regulate itself, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Just buy them off the floodplain and be done with it.
Wet behind the years

Lisle, IL

#7 Jun 27, 2008
Kevin wrote:
It's cheaper for the government to buy the property outright than it is to give below market rate loan after loan to them.
I like your solution of not giving them a dime and letting it be between the insurance companies and the homeowners and let the market regulate itself, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
Just buy them off the floodplain and be done with it.
What below market rates? have you seen where the rates have been for the last several years?

People are getting tired of bailing out others who are too stupid to do it themselves. The money will be reserved for the truley needed, not some moron that bought in a flood plain becasue he was too dumb to notice his feet were wet.

The loans are over, the money has dried up and the people in the flood plain will contine to flood; this will not change. When and if people are held accountable for their dumb financial mistakes, I will thank the Lord almighty. Giving more money to stupid people who don't know they're stupid does not make them smart, it makes you look stupid with them!

As to the market regulating itself, I agree. This time next year those houses will be worth 10-15 percent less as the insurance will be too expensive.

As to the Chicago thing, it's a default on this site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Round Lake Area Youth Center 9 hr RLAYC 3
Chief Foerster is being sued for Discrimination! (Nov '09) 15 hr antioch resident 74
rlayc website 22 hr help not coming 7
lawyers, accountants, bankers 23 hr help acoming 18
rlayc 23 hr wanna help 2
volunteers 23 hr helping 4
youth center 23 hr building selection 5
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Villa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Villa

Personal Finance