Burger King slaying subject of 2 cour...

Burger King slaying subject of 2 court cases

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Burger King slaying subject of 2 court cases. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A year and a day after a Lindenhurst Burger King manager was beaten and strangled in an apparent robbery, the two court cases that sprang from the incident are still inching toward resolution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Champaign, IL

#1 Nov 29, 2007
James Ealy should be sentanced life in prison or death. He has proven over and over that he is not capable of existing in the public. He poses an enormous threat to citizens, which is outlined and supported by his criminal history. It is my opinion that our judicial system failed Mary Hutchinson. This man was convicted of a quadruple murder (which included strangulation of 3 children), rape and unlawful restraint and gun chargers on 3 seperate occasions. He should have never been released from prison. Ealy should be sent back to prison and die there.
Lynn W

Dyersburg, TN

#2 Nov 29, 2007
Unbelievable!! Jess, you are absolutely correct. The system DID fail Mary. Get the ball rolling and get a conviction. He needs to rot in jail. Sometimes you just have to think Hmmmm....how the hell was he able to be out among the living.

San Jose, CA

#3 Nov 29, 2007
Actually it is "just" rape, unlawful restraint and gun charges. The article says that the murder charges were overturned because the cops f***ed up. Had the police done there job legally and properly he probably would be rotting in jail and Mary would be alive.
Keep it real

Woodridge, IL

#4 Nov 29, 2007
If he had been put away for the murders in 82 and served his life sentence, a woman wouldn't have been raped, another wouldn't have held against her will at gunpoint and a woman wouldn't have been killed. Thank you liberal legal system.
Keep it real

Woodridge, IL

#5 Nov 29, 2007
Just because they said the police didn't do their job correctly doesn't make it so. The police had the right man from the get go, the legal system did let the public down, not the police. When you have a case such as quadrouple murder, you aren't going to cut corners.....

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 29, 2007
Jess,You said it all man. With all his convictions and to get out early, only to commit more crimes is unbelievable. The damn legal system is screwed up. Like keep it real said, the cops had the right guy. When it points to the criminal, ALL RIGHTS should go out the window, really. And why the heck did they let him off only after 3 yrs after for the other crime? No more jail, just hang him.

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 29, 2007
Keep it real wrote:
If he had been put away for the murders in 82 and served his life sentence, a woman wouldn't have been raped, another wouldn't have held against her will at gunpoint and a woman wouldn't have been killed. Thank you liberal legal system.
That's the simple truth!

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 29, 2007
This dog should have been put to sleep no later than 1993, after all of his bulls**t appeals were exhausted.

This is one of the WORST travesties of justice that I have ever come across.
No justice in Illinois

Wheaton, IL

#9 Nov 29, 2007
What do you expect in Illinois.

United States

#10 Nov 29, 2007
Illinois, will be Jesse, and Als, next stop. Get that hardworking, productive, citizen out of jail, and back on the streets.

United States

#11 Nov 30, 2007
This is why you need the death penalty.... Ealy should have got it in 1984.

United States

#12 Nov 30, 2007
Burger King is not at fault...This is just a cheap try at getting some free money from an innocent party.

#13 Nov 30, 2007
[What do you mean Burger King is not at fault. PLEASE........The first time she was robbed they should have put cameras up. What is this world coming to if you cannot feel safe where you work. He should have been executed years ago.........

Trevor, WI

#14 Nov 30, 2007
To Tom that Burger Kink is not at fault, did you know BG didn't do a back ground check. Did you know he got away with muder before. Do you know how it feels to lose a Mother, Wife or Daughter? I do. This whole country needs justice for the good people and stop worring about the killers. You take a life you lose your.
Tom Jones

Mishawaka, IN

#15 Nov 30, 2007
There are about 8,600 prison spots taken by people convicted for possession of marijuana. So, the system is forced to parole out violent criminals.

Ridiculous waste of space and money. How many people need to die from violent criminals, before this is changed.
ken hutchison

Salem, WI

#16 Dec 1, 2007
thankyou for all your comments....It shows that people care, my goal now is to make burger king a safe place to work...burger king could have prevented this from happening, the owners, bill spence, don spence, chris spence, will change the way they conduct business, it is corprate greed over human need.....and this will change.....
judge roy bean

United States

#17 Dec 1, 2007
this low life coon needs to be dragged out and hung ...plain and simple
mr voter

United States

#18 Dec 1, 2007
wacth out cause jesse "boy" jackmeoff and al slickrip will try to say he needs a job and some welfare and a bus pass not jail cause it's the white mans fault forall this ....hang him ...hang 'em high

#19 Dec 1, 2007
Mary was a wonderful person, whom has been truly missed, but will be forever in the hearts of her loved one's...This James Ealy fellow doesn't deserve to be kept up by law abiding american citizens....he has literally beaten up and torchered women and children...and he has made a career out of it if you look at his record as a whole...and our system has let him....yes B.K. is at fault..we are talking about a resturant that employs mostly women and teen children, by the way did you also know at the time of mary's murder, james ealy was employed at McDonalds..so next time you enter your local family eatery, keep in mind of what they are putting behind the counter to serve you....i miss you mary !!! cheri

Byron, GA

#20 Dec 14, 2007
I think Justice NEEDS to be served. We'll never be able to get my Aunt back or even tell her "goodbye" or that "we love her", so now I think it's time for this dirt bag to pay for what he has done not only to my Aunt but the other women and children as well. But one thing that helps me is one day (hopefully soon) God will judge him...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open mic coffee and tea Mon Bing me 12
Support your local GayLords!!! (Jun '11) Mar 16 JOKER712 46
Poll Red light cameras at Rt. 12 & Rt. 134- Safety o... (Jan '11) Mar 10 Red Light Scam Vi... 23
Review: Cristiano's Complete Car Care Mar 7 Janet 2
News Photos: Round Lake Roller Rink (Jan '10) Mar 2 Sally 44
Red light camera 120 and 12 (Mar '13) Mar 2 Cancer sucks 115
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Feb 27 Scalo 171

Lake Villa Jobs

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages