Antioch teacher not charged

Nov 29, 2012 Full story: Daily Herald 21

Criminal charges will not be filed against an Antioch Elementary School teacher accused of grabbing and bruising a student's arm, police said Thursday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Questions

Mchenry, IL

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Not charged.. " no criminal intent ". Seems like something is a miss here. I didn't read that " cleared of all allegations ". Anyone want to elaborate on what " no criminal intent " means? It does not mean it didn't happen. Still a lot of unanswered questions. How much did the family get paid? Let's see what the school has to say about this.
WOW

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 29, 2012
It means she didn't intend to hurt this kid. Period. For all we know, she was stopping her from bullying another child. It's done and over with, let's get back to education, huh?
Hmm

Mchenry, IL

#3 Nov 29, 2012
dir

Round Lake, IL

#4 Nov 29, 2012
WOW wrote:
It means she didn't intend to hurt this kid. Period. For all we know, she was stopping her from bullying another child. It's done and over with, let's get back to education, huh?
Then she shouldn't have grabbed her. Period. Even though there was no "criminal intent" it doesn't mean the teacher didn't do the wrong thing. I certainly don't want a teacher charged with a crime for overreacting, but it seems she may have needed a wake up call.
Mystery Man

Waukegan, IL

#5 Nov 30, 2012
Hmm wrote:
http://newssun.suntimes.com/mo bile/16702739-463/chief-no-cha rges-in-case-of-antioch-teache r-grabbing-student.html
can you copy and paste it ?
it keeps disappearing when i click on the link.
All i get is a main home page screen.
Mystery Man

Waukegan, IL

#6 Nov 30, 2012
dir wrote:
<quoted text>
Then she shouldn't have grabbed her. Period. Even though there was no "criminal intent" it doesn't mean the teacher didn't do the wrong thing. I certainly don't want a teacher charged with a crime for overreacting, but it seems she may have needed a wake up call.
i agree this sounds like a white wash.
if it had been a male teacher bruising a girls arm you better believe the male teacher would be fired regardless if it was accidental or not.
different rules for different genders in schools.
Simple

Mchenry, IL

#8 Dec 2, 2012
Still no response from the accusers yet. Looking more like a pay off to me. Even if it was minor and without intent, you'd figure by now a warranted response would have came by now.
Liz gerstein

United States

#10 Mar 14, 2013
I feel bad for her dad she does not deserve this I hope the teacher goes to jail for life the teacher should know better than this to hurt a child
Creepy Dad

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 15, 2013
Liz gerstein wrote:
I feel bad for her dad she does not deserve this I hope the teacher goes to jail for life the teacher should know better than this to hurt a child
The teacher did not hurt the child. The whole thing was a load of crap. The dad is a creepy, arrogant pig, and it has nothing to do with his appearance, it's his horrible attitude. His kids are brats who exaggerate everything. Yeah, same grade as two of mine, they know them both and well before this happened, were often telling me rotten things these two girls do. The older girl slept over at our house and made up the most ridiculous stories about her family and other kids. Mean bullies. It's not hard to guess where they learn it.

She is an amazing, long term, fantastic teacher and any kid who has her is lucky.

Don't see him calling Larry Yellen now, do you?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#12 Mar 15, 2013
Creepy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
The teacher did not hurt the child. The whole thing was a load of crap. The dad is a creepy, arrogant pig, and it has nothing to do with his appearance, it's his horrible attitude. His kids are brats who exaggerate everything. Yeah, same grade as two of mine, they know them both and well before this happened, were often telling me rotten things these two girls do. The older girl slept over at our house and made up the most ridiculous stories about her family and other kids. Mean bullies. It's not hard to guess where they learn it.
She is an amazing, long term, fantastic teacher and any kid who has her is lucky.
Sounds like you are the real problem. I'm guessing the real brats are in your home, considering they have you for a role model.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#13 Mar 18, 2013
I personally think the family should have had to make a public apology to both the teacher and the school district, instead of just letting this get swept under the rug. An apology as public as their accusations.

I do know the older daughter personally. About two years ago, we no longer invited her to our home because of the outlandish gossip she'd make up and tell my daughter, both about her own family and their friends at school. Makes me wonder now, was it a desperate plea for attention? Rather than labeling them as bullies, I feel sorry for the kids. I hope they realize this isn't the way to get ahead in life. The older girl seems to be on the right track this year.

And, I feel sorry for an excellent teacher, who's name and reputation was smeared with false allegations.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#14 Mar 18, 2013
This happened way back in Nov.
Is there a factual up to date article on this ?
Any links out there ?
PID

United States

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Sounds like some white trash parents that don't know how to teach their kids respect and blame everyone else. Stupid parents in denial is the "real problem". Wake up PID's (parents in denail) and teach you kids some respect so they don't run around like idiots, I mean like their parents. I'm glad this teacher got off and I wish teachers had the power to smack some of these stupid kids in the head when they are extremely rude and disrespectful. Better yet have video cameras in the classrooms and post the videos on youtube so everyone can see how their children really behave.
Smokey McBongwater

Round Lake, IL

#16 Mar 18, 2013
PID wrote:
Sounds like some white trash parents that don't know how to teach their kids respect and blame everyone else. Stupid parents in denial is the "real problem". Wake up PID's (parents in denail) and teach you kids some respect so they don't run around like idiots, I mean like their parents. I'm glad this teacher got off and I wish teachers had the power to smack some of these stupid kids in the head when they are extremely rude and disrespectful. Better yet have video cameras in the classrooms and post the videos on youtube so everyone can see how their children really behave.
My thoughts exactly. Stupid people breed faster.
Same old stuff

Mchenry, IL

#17 Jul 29, 2013
Creepy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious as to what makes him arrogant and creepy? We live across the street from them and have never encountered anything negative. Both parents work full time and the last time I checked all kids tell fabricated stories.
Antiocher

Round Lake, IL

#18 Jul 30, 2013
Same old stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious as to what makes him arrogant and creepy? We live across the street from them and have never encountered anything negative. Both parents work full time and the last time I checked all kids tell fabricated stories.
Exactly. Sounds like the mom that wrote that garbage is the real POS. Who talks that way about children or their parents except another low class parent who thinks their kids never do anything wrong?

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#19 Jul 31, 2013
Antiocher wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Sounds like the mom that wrote that garbage is the real POS. Who talks that way about children or their parents except another low class parent who thinks their kids never do anything wrong?
Why assume it's a mom? Dads gossip too.
Antiocher

Round Lake, IL

#20 Jul 31, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>

Why assume it's a mom? Dads gossip too.
oops you might be right
I made an assumption based on previous posts
sounded like one of "those" moms
could be one of "those" dads lol
Got away with it

Mchenry, IL

#21 Sep 15, 2013
dir wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't help the families allegation due to the fact that the teacher's father is an FBI agent and her brother is the current sitting United States District Attorney. Don't believe it? Google it. Robert K McQueen and Thomas McQueen. Now what was it about a white wash?
Extra Extra

Mchenry, IL

#22 Sep 15, 2013
Got away with it wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't help the families allegation due to the fact that the teacher's father is an FBI agent and her brother is the current sitting United States District Attorney. Don't believe it? Google it. Robert K McQueen and Thomas McQueen. Now what was it about a white wash?
Wow!!!! I guess it helps when you have powerful people making things disappear for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Nov 20 Sad in Lakemoor 127
Mayor Rich Hill stopped for suspicion of drunk ... Nov 20 j dawg 5
Chief Foerster is being sued for Discrimination! (Nov '09) Nov 19 Duck Hook 69
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Nov 18 duh 78
other known drug dealers (Apr '12) Nov 14 MeadowbrookFarmBoy 34
which neighborhood has more crime or is more gh... (Jul '09) Nov 13 j dawg 123
PAC Meeting Nov 12 PAC The Place 3
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Villa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Villa