Three suspects held in string of burglaries

Nov 14, 2009 Full story: News Sun 12

Burglaries were on the rise here over the last several weeks, but recent arrests may have ended them and solved cases in Gurnee, Zion and unincorporated areas.

Full Story
Caring

Zion, IL

#1 Nov 16, 2009
I want to say that one of the boys charged in the burglaries in W.H., Zion and Gurnee is actually a very good kid if ever given the chance by the court system. He comes from a very good family and is one of my sincere loved ones as a part of my family and his own. If everyone wants to continue to badger him how to you ever expect to him become a good man in our society. I have known this boy since he was very young and he particpated in several sports with my son in W.H. If W.H. is suppose to be such a good village then why don't they concentrate on providing more activities to our children rather than concentrating on how good the judicial system works and how quite our little village is.
Richard Kimble

Glendale, AZ

#2 Nov 17, 2009
What??? A good boy? Tell that to the victims who had their possessions ripped off. This punk was 18, a young man not a boy. And we are not talking about one moment of indiscretion but a repeated pattern of breaking and entering and stealing other peoples hard earned belongings. This punk was old enough to know right from wrong. It was his choice to hang around with the wrong crowd. Now he must suffer the consequences. And don't for a minute blame it on anyone other than HIM! He is the one to blame, not the village. The village is not responsible for providing baby sitting services to an 18 year old.
Wargames-Joshua

Kenosha, WI

#3 Nov 17, 2009
I`m not sure what will happen in court, but he could have joined the military and they will train you in some field and you will have a career. Hanging with low lifes, that are lazy will just get you in trouble. These felony counts are very serious. Time for a change of friends.
what

Waukegan, IL

#4 Nov 18, 2009
Caring wrote:
I want to say that one of the boys charged in the burglaries in W.H., Zion and Gurnee is actually a very good kid if ever given the chance by the court system. He comes from a very good family and is one of my sincere loved ones as a part of my family and his own. If everyone wants to continue to badger him how to you ever expect to him become a good man in our society. I have known this boy since he was very young and he particpated in several sports with my son in W.H. If W.H. is suppose to be such a good village then why don't they concentrate on providing more activities to our children rather than concentrating on how good the judicial system works and how quite our little village is.
I don't understand ... how does he need a chance from the court system to be a good boy? It appears he had a chance as he was out free walking around. he may come from a good family but he still was alledegly involved in robberies in several towns. I'm missing something here .... bet there's more to this story ....
Wondering

Elburn, IL

#5 Jan 1, 2010
I am very confused as to how anyone can say anything in defense of someone who chooses to break into the houses of innocent victims that work hard for what they get. I am a victim of a string of robberies that went on in Zion in the late summer and early fall of 2006. There were 30 break ins in 30 days and 2 of those break ins happened to my house in the tune of loss of over $11,000. Not to mention that the second time they entered my home, my wife and children were in the house sleeping and had one of them awoke and walked through the house, who knows what that situation could have turned into? I find it unforgivable for someone to enter the home of another person and steal what they spend months and years to acquire through hard work and money management to be able to afford the things they have. If you truly believe that this is a good kid and he should have another chance, let him move into your home and you take the chance on having him rob you blind.
Wargames-Joshua

Kenosha, WI

#6 Jan 3, 2010
Wake up ZION ! I have 2 german shepard DOGS. They will know when someone is outside my home! Gaurantee before they even get in my driveway, Thunder and Lightning are at the door waiting for the attack. I have many weapons ready for war. I WILL let them out for the attack, and be right behind them with the AR15 Full-AUTO. If you know they don`t belong in your neighborhood, remove them. Let the bodies hit the floor.
US man

Round Lake, IL

#7 Jan 5, 2010
Caring wrote:
It infuriates me that anybody would defend this young man for breaking into a string of homes and how many times did he do this and not get caught
you're obviously a friend of his or his family otherwise you wouldn't be saying anything
let him break into your house and see if you still feel the same then
it's okay for your friend to burglarize homes but if someone else burglarize homes it's bad and they should go to jail but not your friend
you stupid weak morality person
wrong is wrong
I don't care about his family being good
every family has a black sheep guess who's the black sheep in this so-called good family
if you protect him now he'll only get worse until he finally ends up killing someone and going to jail for life than
he broke into people's homes and stole their belonging and trashed their homes
also the psychological damage of not feeling safe in your own home now
someone breaks into my house they are leaving in a body bag
you do the crime you do the time
rocket

Round Lake, IL

#8 Jan 6, 2010
Caring wrote:
i hope bubba turns him into his own personal bitch in the penn
Slim Pickens

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Jan 6, 2010
Wargames-Joshua wrote:
Wake up ZION ! I have 2 german shepard DOGS. They will know when someone is outside my home! Gaurantee before they even get in my driveway, Thunder and Lightning are at the door waiting for the attack. I have many weapons ready for war. I WILL let them out for the attack, and be right behind them with the AR15 Full-AUTO. If you know they don`t belong in your neighborhood, remove them. Let the bodies hit the floor.
You the man! Don't take no crap from nobody!
Slim Pickens

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Jan 6, 2010
Wargames-Joshua wrote:
I prefer a Mossberg, 12 guage-slug. Blow a hole clean through the bastards. That where I stick the dynamite and then watch there ass blow out over the lake. Justice!
Bob - former WH resident

Saint Paul, MN

#12 May 17, 2010
To Caring,

Why is it the villages job of taking care of your children? As a parent or the family of this "good boy" it is your job to see that he knows the difference between right and wrong. If he was such a good kid why is he doing criminal acts? Parents have to start accepting the responsibility to raise their own kids and not blame the towns on why their kid is a criminal. If he is guilty the town should lock him up and then let the parents get involved with their kids - always too little too late.
Terry King

Zion, IL

#13 May 17, 2010
Caring wrote:
"Good Kid?" Wahat is wrong with you? He's asoon to be convicted theif. You are an enabler!. That's what's wrong with this society. You should be convicted along with him. Did you, by any chance, give hima set of burglury tools for his gradution? You misguided pig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Jonah1 50,049
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Blwlgo 4,051
Chang Jiang Buffet - 760 E Rollins Rd - Round L... 2 hr Really 2
Antioch Rescue Squad - where is the money? 20 hr Disgusted in Antioch 1
kinow your right,if you have a ssi payee 21 hr need to know 1
Photos: Round Lake Roller Rink (Jan '10) Mon F U Wally 36
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Mon po po 121
Lake Villa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Lake Villa Jobs

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Villa News, Events & Info