Antioch Rescue to staff vacant station this summer

May 9, 2013 Full story: Daily Herald 89

The Antioch Rescue Squad plans to begin staffing an unused fire station to better serve the Chain O' Lakes and Antioch area during the busy summer months.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Smokey

Antioch, IL

#101 Jul 2, 2013
Firefighter Grass Lake wrote:
<quoted text>Well looks like another Idiot that thinks you need 10-story buildings to need a ladder truck! Ladder trucks are used at all kinds of fires, did you ever try to clime a 12-12 pitch roof in the winter with it full of snow and Ice??. Watch the news on TV and watch Chicago, do you think they don't use ladder trucks on their house fires or single story buildings, they use them on most all their fires. Doesn't Antioch have a 3-story Hotel, don't they have large sprawling factories, several senior 3-story buildings, several sprawling schools, restaurants, warehouses and so on?? It all boils down to "SAFETY" of the Firefighters!! Let's be proud that they have the equipment that is needed to protect them and us!!
Anyone who is suggesting that there will not be ladder truck capabilities in the Village or township seriously needs to get off the hemp or whatever else it is they are smoking. There are NO plans within the Village to eliminate high reach equipment, although there may in the future be changes to the type of high reach equipment we have. Stop the spinning folks. You have a competent Village Board and a professionally run and operated fire department with both leaders and firefighters who know what they are doing. None of them will EVER allow finances to compromise having the right sized equipment and safety. NEVER. END OF STORY.........
nonsense

Chicago, IL

#103 Jul 2, 2013
Smokey wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who is suggesting that there will not be ladder truck capabilities in the Village or township seriously needs to get off the hemp or whatever else it is they are smoking. There are NO plans within the Village to eliminate high reach equipment, although there may in the future be changes to the type of high reach equipment we have. Stop the spinning folks. You have a competent Village Board and a professionally run and operated fire department with both leaders and firefighters who know what they are doing. None of them will EVER allow finances to compromise having the right sized equipment and safety. NEVER. END OF STORY.........
Sooooo many AFD members on topix! They won't sacrifice the equipment but they will send you a brochure of a little girl crying with her house in flames! Give us money or else!!!!
Not Nonsense

Chicago, IL

#105 Jul 2, 2013
nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo many AFD members on topix! They won't sacrifice the equipment but they will send you a brochure of a little girl crying with her house in flames! Give us money or else!!!!
Was that the thing where they were trying to get the public to understand that residents on the east side of town were at great risk without manning at station 2 because of the potential of trains blocking access to them from station 1? If that was it, I agree it was pretty inept, although it happened a few years back. Since then, village and township leaders and the FD have figured out to have minimum manning at station 2, which for the unwashed out east, may save your bacon some day.

As far as what Smokey said, I agree with him 100% on his points.
AntiochR

Round Lake, IL

#106 Jul 3, 2013
http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/21106557-418...

ARS strikes again! These guys can't help but shoot themselves in the foot!
Watching the joke

West Chicago, IL

#107 Jul 3, 2013
AntiochR wrote:
http://newssun.suntimes.com/ne ws/21106557-418/legal-action-f iled-against-ars-for-illegal-a ctivity.html?intcmp=emailheadl ines
ARS strikes again! These guys can't help but shoot themselves in the foot!
Yep I read the artical the magic word is " BESIEGED " Would that mean one phone call from Steve Smouse asking if his brother can be the new chief ?
FD member

Hartland, WI

#109 Jul 18, 2013
Steve Smouse brother Jeff, would not make a pimple on a Fire Chiefs ass! He wasn't any good as a firefighter, why would he be any good as a Chief, he is not qualified and has not been on a department for 20 years and did nothing but cost the Village & District taxpayers money with his law suits against us. Half of the members would quit if that happen, I know I would!
Rezident

Round Lake, IL

#110 Jul 19, 2013
Lets not get excited here. ARS is holding on by its fingernails. There is no scenario that has them restored to their former glory( used loosely). All we need to do now is wait, and they will end themselves. They cant afford to stay afloat with a loss of over 50% of income from loosing calls in the village, and no where to do their little auction. Look at the facts logically, they are finished.
ARS - failure at the top

Chicago, IL

#111 Jul 20, 2013
Watching the joke wrote:
<quoted text>Yep I read the artical the magic word is " BESIEGED " Would that mean one phone call from Steve Smouse asking if his brother can be the new chief ?
They have a P.R. firm who offices part of the time in Costa Rica spinning all of their troubles. There is no one in ARS leadership intelligent enough to even know what besieged means. The lying and posturing are stunning they have no shame and no intent of changing. Their arrogance and the years of stonewalling those who questioned anything about their secret organization has emboldened them to the point that they can no longer do anything without lying. They cant take ownership of their incompetence in their leadership. Blaming others for their failings has become a way of life at ARS. The lines are so blurred for them that they can no longer even tell what is truth and what is not. Amazingly, they have made matters even worse by surrounding themselves with a board of the same ilk.

ARS was once a proud organization. Failed leadership and the bloated egos of those in charge has torn ARS from a place of honor in our community to a common joke.

Of course, they STILL don't get the fact that their own incompetence has nearly destroyed what once was great. shame on the leadership, and shame on those who cannot understand, or would have others believe that all is well. It is not.
antioch watcher

Antioch, IL

#112 Jul 21, 2013
ARS - failure at the top wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a P.R. firm who offices part of the time in Costa Rica spinning all of their troubles. There is no one in ARS leadership intelligent enough to even know what besieged means. The lying and posturing are stunning they have no shame and no intent of changing. Their arrogance and the years of stonewalling those who questioned anything about their secret organization has emboldened them to the point that they can no longer do anything without lying. They cant take ownership of their incompetence in their leadership. Blaming others for their failings has become a way of life at ARS. The lines are so blurred for them that they can no longer even tell what is truth and what is not. Amazingly, they have made matters even worse by surrounding themselves with a board of the same ilk.
ARS was once a proud organization. Failed leadership and the bloated egos of those in charge has torn ARS from a place of honor in our community to a common joke.
Of course, they STILL don't get the fact that their own incompetence has nearly destroyed what once was great. shame on the leadership, and shame on those who cannot understand, or would have others believe that all is well. It is not.
WOW holy crap Batman with everything you just said they will fit right in with Smouse and the township.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Antioch Model Trains & Hobby (Oct '08) Wed Unlucky Trains 17
find out if you have a warrant from lake county Tue Jay 2
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? Dec 23 Meh 18
Historic building destroyed Dec 23 Antiocher 3
near libertyville semi truck accident??? Dec 22 Bponch1234 1
Antioch, fire district will again seek ambulanc... Dec 21 Res 21
police Dec 21 imrereurrere 1
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Villa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Villa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:58 am PST

NBC Sports 7:58AM
Lions haven't pulled many big road upsets over the years
Bleacher Report 8:09 AM
Breaking Down Bears' Game Plan vs. Vikings
NBC Sports 9:15 AM
Lance Briggs "happy" with Robbie Gould's comments
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
It Pays to Block for Aaron Rodgers
Bleacher Report11:45 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Vikings vs. Bears