Kalinda

Fox Lake, IL

#84 Mar 10, 2013
When people start messing with the opposition's political signs it shows how truly pathetic and desperate they truly are.
Antioch idiot voter

Antioch, IL

#85 Mar 10, 2013
Kalinda wrote:
When people start messing with the opposition's political signs it shows how truly pathetic and desperate they truly are.
Where the hell did this come from ?
Urrrp

United States

#86 Mar 10, 2013
Kalinda wrote:
What signs? What people? What has happened?
Antioch idiot voter

Antioch, IL

#87 Mar 10, 2013
Ido't have a clue what Kalinda is talking about !
Conservative Cal

United States

#88 Mar 10, 2013
Kalinda: Redneck word for "ATRC hash". A failed organization now frantically realizing that the have (duh) backed another loser and flailing about to create issues, as in snowy roads in Chicagoland in February for up to 4 hours. LOCK THE DOORS. HIDE THE CHITRIN. LORDYDEE. THE WORLD BE FALLIN APART. DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER, A CATACLYSMIC EVENT OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS and so on and on and on. Never mind a balanced budget, building financial reserves, and every Village employee now working hard and doing their best.

Even the Daily Herald gets it.

Why can't the ATRC clowns?

Answer, they are: Fact less, clueless, uninformed, low information, and blinded by hate. That ain't no way to go through life, Flounder and the rest of the lockstep bozo's that care less about results than forcing everyone into their view of the world. I say this as a conservative who wouldn't associate myself with the ATRC with a 40 foot pole. We all can't stand Obama, but that is where it ends.

Voting for HANSON.
Steve

Round Lake, IL

#89 Mar 11, 2013
I met the lady running for mayor of Antioch at a neighbors house recently and she introduced herself as the next mayor of Antioch. Thats great but don't you need to do one little thing first? Deafeat the current mayor. I dont know if it was her awkward personality or if there was a hint of mental illnesss but she is not mayor material. Does she have any background in city goverment or holding any elected position? Due to the lack of experience and more strangeness I'll definately NOT be voting for her come April 9th.
dum dum

Lombard, IL

#90 Mar 11, 2013
No but I hear she had a stab at selling cars at a local chevy dealer ! Can't tell you if she is still there or not but she blames every one else for the market place fiasco. She is running around telling everyone that she's on some kind of village of Antioch committee which is a bold face lie.
Conservative Cal

United States

#91 Mar 11, 2013
dum dum wrote:
No but I hear she had a stab at selling cars at a local chevy dealer ! Can't tell you if she is still there or not but she blames every one else for the market place fiasco. She is running around telling everyone that she's on some kind of village of Antioch committee which is a bold face lie.
I heard she claimed that to get into an meeting down in Libertyville or somewhere for elected officials only. Apparently they were so pissed they established new admission qualification rules at their next meeting. I think she is a barracuda. Watch out.
dum dum

Lombard, IL

#92 Mar 11, 2013
Yep I heard that too. What a ding bat.
No to Gaborek

Waukegan, IL

#93 Mar 11, 2013
Steve wrote:
I met the lady running for mayor of Antioch at a neighbors house recently and she introduced herself as the next mayor of Antioch. Thats great but don't you need to do one little thing first? Deafeat the current mayor. I dont know if it was her awkward personality or if there was a hint of mental illnesss but she is not mayor material. Does she have any background in city goverment or holding any elected position? Due to the lack of experience and more strangeness I'll definately NOT be voting for her come April 9th.
Totally agree with you. She (Gaborek) definitely is NOT mayor material. People I urge you not to vote for this woman because she would be a disaster waiting to happen and would be a huge mistake. Voting for her would be a very big step in the wrong direction. Voting for Hanson will keep Antioch on the right path.
Conservative Cal

Spring Grove, IL

#94 Mar 16, 2013
Saw Gaborek drive up my street in her Wannabemayor mobile. Still don't get why she thinks she can do a better job. Credit to her for exercising her rights as a citizen but she is a real goof when it comes to realistically assessing who she is. The best candidates for Mayor other than Hanson are a couple of sitting Trustees who are already doing a lot of the heavy lifting, know the Village inside and out, and have years of verifiable and impressive management, senior management, and business experience. They would be running I am sure if they did not have confidence in Hanson, and that says volumes to me.

Ms. Wannabe needs to take a step back, do a realistic self assessment, and run in the future for a position she can handle. We have had enough "on the job training" in the past with unqualified people running this town. She would just be another one.

By the way, I heard she is running anything but the clean campaign her supporters promised. Not surprising if true. When the handwriting is on the wall wannabes often resort to smears and lies. Anyone know any specifics on if she has fallen into that mode yet?
Boat Whistle Blower

Spring Grove, IL

#95 Mar 16, 2013
Why is she running? Ego

How did she get support from the Repub Club? They wanted to put somebody up against Hanson because they don't like the fact he worked with then Democrat State Senator Michael Bond to fix our roads. They preferred chuck holes on 83 to a bipartisan effort to do what was right.(Why I am not a member. Don't associate with mopes)

Why did they back her? She was the only person in their bunch dumb enough to take up their hate filled call to action.

Who supports here? Club members, friends, a few soccer moms, and a few low information voters.

Will she win? Yes, as soon as they raise the Titanic.

They couldn't even muster a qualified candidate. Just how low can ATRC go? 11,000 feet down into the darkness, just like the Titanic.
Are you kidding me

Lombard, IL

#96 Mar 16, 2013
So the funny thing about this ding bat is "NOBODY "knows crap about her. Other than she sold cars.Oh and she is blaming the present administration for Market-place failure and possibly the world economy. Am I missing something or did she just arrive from another planet at the Rebublican hq in Antioch ?
Antioch idiot voter

Antioch, IL

#97 Mar 20, 2013
Had a chance to drop in at the township last night to hear some of the people running for some of the offices speak. And than came Gaborek Bla Bla Bla I will clean up the Antioch mess , I will bring in more retail, I will make the sun shine on Antioch for ever. I, I, I ,needless to say I left unempressed.
Mary Quite Contrary

Spring Grove, IL

#98 Mar 21, 2013
Antioch idiot voter wrote:
Had a chance to drop in at the township last night to hear some of the people running for some of the offices speak. And than came Gaborek Bla Bla Bla I will clean up the Antioch mess , I will bring in more retail, I will make the sun shine on Antioch for ever. I, I, I ,needless to say I left unempressed.
What mess? A balanced budget, capital planning, a new pool, declining crime rates, a motivated workforce, a beautiful new park that didn't cost taxpayers a penny, new retail, and solid progress on all fronts. That mess? I see Mary.

And since Mary will wave her broom and magically bring massive new retail to Antioch (she's just GOTTA have her Kohl's), she should also take her act to Lindenhurst, Grayslake, and Volo. None of their projects got off the ground either. Just think, Mary can save Antioch, Lake County, Illinois, and most of the Midwest with her incredible knowledge and prowess.

One thing she doesn't know - Antioch's budget and capital requirements. Why not? She was too busy dreaming up problems and then heroically overcoming them over at the Township meeting. Last place a SERIOUS Mayoral candidate should have been when the public meeting on next years budget was underway.

Obviously she knows more than anybody else does just with her divining powers. Gaborhack for Queen of the World. Antioch is merely a stepping stone for someone so all seeing and all knowing. Not.
Honesty the best policy

Round Lake, IL

#99 Mar 21, 2013
Mary should ride off on her broom into the sunset!!
Tax Man

Antioch, IL

#100 Mar 21, 2013
Sounds like Gaborek has larry confused with Dorothy. Larry and the board are doing a great job. This is no time to reinvent the wheel with a person with limited knowledge, no experience, and a personal agenda being orchestrated in part by old Antioch idiots who want to get back in control through her.

Can you imagine this Village with Forrester back as police chief (her plan) and very high priced law firm Ancel Glink back in screwing up legal representation (her plan)? No way, and no time to take a giant step backward. She has lied and puffed up her background, alienated the board with her inept comments, and delivered absolutely noting that she says she can do that is not already being done. And her claim in the News Sun that she has "been to nearly every board meeting over the last five years" is a flat out lie. She stopped coming in 2008 when Antioch Marketplace went TU, and only started up again about three months ago. I attend practically every board meeting and I can tell you that is the absolute truth. If she lies to get elected, she will lie if elected.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#101 Mar 21, 2013
I think maybe she taught religious ed at St. Peters? Not that it qualifies her mayoral candidiate, just trying to place where I know her from.
Tax Man

Antioch, IL

#102 Mar 21, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
I think maybe she taught religious ed at St. Peters? Not that it qualifies her mayoral candidiate, just trying to place where I know her from.
She should start practicing what she teaches.
Tax Man

Antioch, IL

#103 Mar 22, 2013
News Reader 2011 wrote:
That is interesting. A religious person who lies and embellishes for personal gain, manipulation of others, and satisfaction. Seems to me that she needs to go back to religious school as a student, not as a teacher. She is not practicing what she is teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min D-U-H 50,040
Antioch Rescue Squad - where is the money? 8 hr Disgusted in Antioch 1
kinow your right,if you have a ssi payee 9 hr need to know 1
Photos: Round Lake Roller Rink (Jan '10) Mon F U Wally 36
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Mon po po 121
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Mon Spermcount1 4,049
Chang Jiang Buffet - 760 E Rollins Rd - Round L... Sep 27 JAvannis 1

Lake Villa Jobs

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Villa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Villa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]