Comments
61 - 80 of 131 Comments Last updated May 13, 2013
Hel-ho

Spring Grove, IL

#63 Feb 2, 2013
Hello. We are Larvis and LaTrina Bepington. We love ms. Gabork. She sold us a car a few years back. It ran good until LaTrina rammed it up a telephone pole and we had to get two matching 1992 Segways with snow tires and mud flaps. Ms. Goobark was not selling Segways. She was working for a developer who wanted to bring Kohls where she says shops for everything including Segways. I heard she became a none. Glad to see that she has gone back into sales running for office. We won't be voting for her but if she ever goes back to selling cars we will buy one from her as long as it is green with yellow pinstripes like the one she sold us before.
Antioch Voter

West Chicago, IL

#64 Feb 2, 2013
Hel-ho wrote:
Hello. We are Larvis and LaTrina Bepington. We love ms. Gabork. She sold us a car a few years back. It ran good until LaTrina rammed it up a telephone pole and we had to get two matching 1992 Segways with snow tires and mud flaps. Ms. Goobark was not selling Segways. She was working for a developer who wanted to bring Kohls where she says shops for everything including Segways. I heard she became a none. Glad to see that she has gone back into sales running for office. We won't be voting for her but if she ever goes back to selling cars we will buy one from her as long as it is green with yellow pinstripes like the one she sold us before.
She sold you her demo. I think I saw it parked in front of the Lodge.
Gotta say

Spring Grove, IL

#65 Feb 7, 2013
Gotta say. From what i know of her, no way I would give her my vote. We don't need another incompetent as Mayor. Hanson has done well. No need to change to someone with no experience and a personal agenda.
Gotta say

Spring Grove, IL

#66 Feb 8, 2013
Oy. 10 inches of snow yesterday and Antioch road crews working 24/7 with all equipment running. And this half baked woman is running around complaining and trying to make the big snow a campaign issue. The REAL snow job. I am sure if she were mayor she would be able to block huge storms and levitate the snow that did get through off the streets.

That's what you do when we have no credentials to run on. Thank you Mayor Hanson and the town road crew for another great job. Ignore the whining. It's just the MO of a person who is quite narcissistic, very confused, and about to lose.
Antioch Voter

Naperville, IL

#67 Feb 22, 2013
Has any one heard from" Ms I can fix everything ". I know she pops in at the village meetings now & then to impress the crowd. I wondered if she was out clearing snow for the village ?
No Shovel

Antioch, IL

#68 Feb 22, 2013
Antioch Voter wrote:
Has any one heard from" Ms I can fix everything ". I know she pops in at the village meetings now & then to impress the crowd. I wondered if she was out clearing snow for the village ?
She is too busy calling the TOTC number at the News Sun, posting stories about how bad the streets are to try to create some kind of issue she can proclaim she can fix. In the meantime, the Village crews were out this morning at 1 AM and have worked all day as they do every snowstorm.

If she wanted to fix Antioch, she had her chance years ago. We finally have a Mayor and Board who are actually making things happen. Perfect? No. Needs to be booted out so she can have a whack at it? No no no no no.
Antioch Voter

Naperville, IL

#69 Feb 23, 2013
You are right if she wants to help the village , she should run for mayor of Detroit. It is surprising that she is smart enough to dial the same number twice in a row. I still want to know if her and her Republican club backers were out there shoveling any snow for the village OR were they just shoveling their normal other stuff ?
WATCHER

Antioch, IL

#70 Feb 24, 2013
Got to go with the other stuff.
It is what it is

Waukegan, IL

#71 Feb 26, 2013
Gaborek is not mayor material PERIOD!!! She is just a puppet for the Antioch Republican Club with their hopes to revive the Dorothy Larson way of doing things. Those days are over and people are on to what a horrible mayor Larson was and people just don't want to repeat history with Gaborek. Voting for Hanson.
Shovel this

Spring Grove, IL

#72 Feb 26, 2013
Hey Gaborek, time to start whining about the roads again. Snow is coming down over an inch an hour in 40 MPH wind. If ONLY you were Mayor instead of Hanson. With your vast powers, unlimited budget, and ability to triple the Public Works staff with a wave of your broom, we would hardly know it is snowing. For that matter, it may be true that you could actually order the snow diverted. You are oh so qualified. To make an a** out of yourself. Here is a flash Gaborek. Our public works guys are working their tails off in every storm. Your trying to politicize snow on the streets for your own benefit is stunningly stupid. The Trustees already think you are an idiot for your remarks about their "uneducated" voting. I am sure our public works folks view you with the same disdain. Leaders don't do this kind of thing. You are no leader.
Hummmmmmmmmmm

Antioch, IL

#73 Feb 26, 2013
Did any one in town spot Gaborek drving a snow plow or manning a shovel? I was looking but had not seen her yet.
Miss You Eric

Antioch, IL

#74 Feb 27, 2013
Hummmmmmmmmmm wrote:
Did any one in town spot Gaborek drving a snow plow or manning a shovel? I was looking but had not seen her yet.
No, but in fairness, neither was Hanson. The fact remains, however, that all that can be done is being done by a highly dedicated group of personnel working around the clock. I have nothing but praise for them. It is indeed unfortunate that Gaborek is trying to use this as a campaign issue. It is neither justified, fair, accurate, nor truthful. She thinks more can be done, let her lay out her plan now. How? Where will she get the funds, and how specifically would she make the clean up go faster? I anxiously await her plan so it can be compared to the Village's plan, which I feel confident is quite comprehensive. Ms. Gaborek, we need solutions, not vacuous rhetoric and BS to try to get elected. In my opinion, you are clueless about what you have gotten yourself into with your stupid comments and what the results of your efforts will be.
What the

Naperville, IL

#75 Feb 27, 2013
WELL i CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT !
ANTIOCH VOTER

Spring Grove, IL

#77 Mar 4, 2013
LAWRENCE HANSON endorsed for re-election in 2013 by the Daily Herald. Well deserved. Congratulations and good luck Larry!!
Run for the hills

Antioch, IL

#78 Mar 5, 2013
I hope I don't see this ding bat Gabork comming up my sidewalk. I will have to ask her some hard questions like Are you smoking weed or somthing ? This town dosen't need another Larson.
Antioch For All

Spring Grove, IL

#79 Mar 7, 2013
Really enjoyed Larry and Jay's campaign kickoff last night at Fox's. The place looked great and the crowd was huge. Impressive to see so many Antioch old timers there. Only problem was a full parking lot making a place to pull in tough.
What the F

Lombard, IL

#80 Mar 7, 2013
Antioch For All wrote:
Really enjoyed Larry and Jay's campaign kickoff last night at Fox's. The place looked great and the crowd was huge. Impressive to see so many Antioch old timers there. Only problem was a full parking lot making a place to pull in tough.
Great crowd and good times. Glad to see Larry & Jay do so well. I don't think I will be able to make Marys In the future , I think it's at the Tasty Freeze.
Antioch idiot voter

Antioch, IL

#81 Mar 10, 2013
OK was someone just kidding, I have been to the Tasty Freeze twelve times now and I have not seen her or her election campaign. I think I saw a car with her poster on it but it was hard to read ( it was upside down ). And the car was being towed.
Urrrp

United States

#82 Mar 10, 2013
Antioch idiot voter wrote:
OK was someone just kidding, I have been to the Tasty Freeze twelve times now and I have not seen her or her election campaign. I think I saw a car with her poster on it but it was hard to read ( it was upside down ). And the car was being towed.
Was it green with yellow pinstripes?
Antioch idiot voter

Antioch, IL

#83 Mar 10, 2013
Yes it was,now that you brought it up the same one that was in front of the Lodge. only it had a lot of upside down signs ducktaped all ove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
Corrupt Round Lake Beach ! 4 hr truth 30
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) 8 hr The-one-who-was-t... 4
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? 10 hr Costco Lover 12
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 14 hr newpoly 1,901
High View Drive Detour Aug 26 Lake County Citizen 5
Family Video in Antioch, IL Aug 26 Supporting Resident 5
•••
•••

Lake Villa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lake Villa People Search