Another canidate

Posted in the Lake Villa Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mystery Man

Ingleside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Nov 5, 2012
 

Judged:

12

10

10

Idiot Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to believe there could be two people in Antioch who disagree with your asssessment of the duties of the President. And both in Antioch! Your continued narrow view of the world amazes.
Methinks thou dost protest too much
William Shakespeare.

its ok if you want other to think Idiot Watch and Really are two different people. Just don't expect me to believe it.
The writing style and subject matter is an almost exact copy.
You could have at least tried to disguise it by included several other items. Or better still present a slightly different take on it.
But by making the EXACT same point and only that point you made it obvious you're both the same person. Its ok by me. My view of the topic and of you won't change.
And i'll still treat you with respect and not try and demean you with insults.
That is what sets me apart from the average poster in here. NOT better just a more respectful writing style towards other posters. A quality that is lacking in many forums.
Idiot Watch

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Nov 7, 2012
 

Judged:

9

3

3

Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL that is exactly why Obama will lose on Tues.
Your side walks around mopping and sad.
While our side is ENERGIZED and thrilled to vote.
Keep on believing what you think its all good come tues when we win.
Thinking about sad thoughts never won anyone anything.
Keep on being you.
Look who's laughing now. Looks like your team could have used some extra batteries. LOL
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Nov 7, 2012
 

Judged:

12

10

8

Idiot Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's laughing now. Looks like your team could have used some extra batteries. LOL
And you really think four more years of this mess is a good thing ?
Can't wait to see how you try and blame Bush in 2016.
Republicans don't play that game
In 2016 we'll be too busy building up the country instead of blaming others.
Board Watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

6

3

1

Nice job with your News Sun interview Ms. Gaborhack.

You have so far managed to demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the real issues in Antioch, have failed to explain what your qualifications are beyond "studies" in a couple of Junior College classes, and have stated that the current trustees are making uninformed votes on issues you clearly have no grasp on beyond what your hack crony pals have fed to you. If I were a trustee, I would be totally steamed at your self serving and untrue accusations.

Just what we need. A return to amateur hour with someone with no facts who doesn't even get how important it is to build a team. Your "talents" are neither viable, needed, or wanted.

Hanson may not be the perfect guy, but his record of accomplishments gets my family's votes hands down.
Been There Done That

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

9

7

3

Antiochian wrote:
There is nothing wrong with competition. Let Ms. Gaborek run. If the voters want her they will vote for her. Not sure why her candidacy seems to have you up in a tizzy. I will say this, I am amazed at the requirements you are all making up in order for someone to be a Mayor. So far you need to have run a business and been a village trustee to even consider your self worthy of running. Well you know that those are not the rules. If she qualifies, just like if any other people decide to run and qualify for ballot then great. That is democracy.

I just hope that whom ever runs that it is a campaign on positive things that they want to do and for the village. We have had enough negativity. Let all candidates come out with their agenda for the next four years, let them come out with what their backgrounds are and what there future plans are and let the voters decide who they want.

Remember it is not always the most qualified that wins elections, regretfully it is sometimes just based on who gets their supporters out on election day.

Let the best man or woman win!
As my username says 'Been There Done That' and I don't want a repeat of the Larson years. If you want to run the village into the ground by all means vote for Gaborak. If you want to keep the village on the right path as it has been for the last 4 years vote for Hanson. Enough said.
Wanna Be Watch

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

10

1

1

Been There Done That wrote:
<quoted text>
As my username says 'Been There Done That' and I don't want a repeat of the Larson years. If you want to run the village into the ground by all means vote for Gaborak. If you want to keep the village on the right path as it has been for the last 4 years vote for Hanson. Enough said.
Now that the new year is here I am going to have to turn off my porch lights and disconect my doorbell to avoid all the new wannabe's desire to run Antioch into oblivion.Courtesy of the Antioch Rebublican club , I wonder how many high school students pulled paperwork to run for Mayor.
Truth Seeker

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

8

2

2

Board Watcher wrote:
Nice job with your News Sun interview Ms. Gaborhack.

You have so far managed to demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the real issues in Antioch, have failed to explain what your qualifications are beyond "studies" in a couple of Junior College classes, and have stated that the current trustees are making uninformed votes on issues you clearly have no grasp on beyond what your hack crony pals have fed to you. If I were a trustee, I would be totally steamed at your self serving and untrue accusations.

Just what we need. A return to amateur hour with someone with no facts who doesn't even get how important it is to build a team. Your "talents" are neither viable, needed, or wanted.

Hanson may not be the perfect guy, but his record of accomplishments gets my family's votes hands down.
I soooo agree with everything you stated. Gaborak would be the joke of the town and has absolutely zero qualifications to be mayor and yes her statement about the current trustees making uninformed votes was a slap in the face. She thinks she's a know it all who actually knows alot about nothing. Attending a few meetings here and there does not qualify you to be in the know. I attend all the meetings and for the last four years you never see Gaborek at any of the meetings then all the sudden she attends a few and thinks she's all that to qualify for the mayors job--she should just save herself the embarrassment and drop out--cause you know she is just a puppet wanna be mayor for the has beens in this town. She would be no better than that 18 year old who ran for mayor the last time. Like you said Hanson isn't perfect, but he's got my vote and my families vote hands down. He's accomplished a lot in these last four years and has done it with a down turned economy -- that in itself is means alot. Vote no to Gaborek.
Been There Done That

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

11

2

2

Wanna Be Watch wrote:
<quoted text>Now that the new year is here I am going to have to turn off my porch lights and disconect my doorbell to avoid all the new wannabe's desire to run Antioch into oblivion.Courtesy of the Antioch Rebublican club , I wonder how many high school students pulled paperwork to run for Mayor.
You are so right on. Good idea, I'll have to turn my porch light off and disconnect my doorbell as well.
OMG not her

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

2

She's the one who tried to shove that giant store development down our throats. Heard she is blaming the mayor that it wasn't built. What an IDIOT. First, the developers were underfunded. Second, the economy crashed. Why does she think this could have been built in Antioch when similar projects in Grays lake, Lindenhurst, and Volo cratered? She wanted to shop at Kohl's and never stopped whining when it wasn't built. Now she wants to be Mayor? Good God.

I will be working hard knocking on doors to make sure people know who this person is. She is NO GOOD for Antioch. She is also NOT QUALIFIED to be Mayor. Time for her to get off her pedestal and learn how to serve at her level of competence. She should be in an advisory group at most. Don't vote for this woman.
Truthseeker

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

2

OMG not her wrote:
She's the one who tried to shove that giant store development down our throats. Heard she is blaming the mayor that it wasn't built. What an IDIOT. First, the developers were underfunded. Second, the economy crashed. Why does she think this could have been built in Antioch when similar projects in Grays lake, Lindenhurst, and Volo cratered? She wanted to shop at Kohl's and never stopped whining when it wasn't built. Now she wants to be Mayor? Good God.

I will be working hard knocking on doors to make sure people know who this person is. She is NO GOOD for Antioch. She is also NOT QUALIFIED to be Mayor. Time for her to get off her pedestal and learn how to serve at her level of competence. She should be in an advisory group at most. Don't vote for this woman.
I so, so agree with you. You are 100% correct. People don't vote for Gaborek she is highly unqualified, plus she has ties to the old blood of Antioch. She is no good for Antioch, and it would put Antioch in a tailspin and we would end up headed in the wrong direction if she were elected. My vote is for Larry Hanson.
Sitting back to laugh

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jan 11, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

A MO vote from me wrote:
I think she was a car salesman and i know she was a lobbyist for the outfit trying to build the big commercial development that failed.
Well that explains everything.
Antioch60002

Fox Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

9

7

2

Ms. Gaborek was hanging around the District 34 Wine, Dine and Showtime night back in November trying to get us to sign her petition for being on the ballot. She approached a table of us with neighbors afterwards at Anastasia's I asked her to give us her story and what she had that we needed in Antioch, and we were being sincere in our request. Well, all we got was a babbling of no substance and when we kept asking questions to clarify, she just tried to bash the current administration but could not really give us anything SHE could offer. As she continued to stumble her words, she ended walking away to say hi to someone else and was clearly embarrassed she could not talk her way out of questions from college educated people that actually understand economics and follow the progress of Antioch. Needless to say, she did not get our six signatures.
Antiocher

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Antioch60002 wrote:
Ms. Gaborek was hanging around the District 34 Wine, Dine and Showtime night back in November trying to get us to sign her petition for being on the ballot. She approached a table of us with neighbors afterwards at Anastasia's I asked her to give us her story and what she had that we needed in Antioch, and we were being sincere in our request. Well, all we got was a babbling of no substance and when we kept asking questions to clarify, she just tried to bash the current administration but could not really give us anything SHE could offer. As she continued to stumble her words, she ended walking away to say hi to someone else and was clearly embarrassed she could not talk her way out of questions from college educated people that actually understand economics and follow the progress of Antioch. Needless to say, she did not get our six signatures.
Typical political wannabe. Glad you didn't sign.
Truthseeker

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

11

9

3

Antiocher wrote:
<quoted text>Typical political wannabe. Glad you didn't sign.
Amen to that, but she still managed to fool some other souls and they signed and she is now on the ballot--just people need to be wise and NOT VOTE HER IN. Vote for Hanson.
Sitting back to laugh

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jan 14, 2013
 

Judged:

12

10

10

My guess would be that her signers started with the Antioch Rebublican club and went downhill after that as a headstart. And to that one of there plants Jeannine Bandemer got knocked off the ballot last week for trustee because as smart as she thought she was ,she didn't fill out her petitions right. Her quote in the Herald was 'this is a technicality thats so minor it's almost laughable" Now hows that for a person who wants to sit as a elected official.( We had a batch of them as trustees awhile back. She belongs in Washington they also don't care about rules and laws there .
Dilbert Dirkson IV

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sitting back to laugh wrote:
My guess would be that her signers started with the Antioch Rebublican club and went downhill after that as a headstart. And to that one of there plants Jeannine Bandemer got knocked off the ballot last week for trustee because as smart as she thought she was ,she didn't fill out her petitions right. Her quote in the Herald was 'this is a technicality thats so minor it's almost laughable" Now hows that for a person who wants to sit as a elected official.( We had a batch of them as trustees awhile back. She belongs in Washington they also don't care about rules and laws there .
I don't know who is giving you all the negative icons but you are 100% correct. The failed Republican Club and its cast of Antioch old timers has screwed this town from one end to the other for years. Last go around they tried to foist off a 17 year old high school kid as the person most qualified to be mayor. Now they want us to hire Gaborhack to run off the chief of police - the best we have ever had - and "teach the trustees about what they are voting on". That's total crap. We also have the best Board this town has ever had. EVER. Why are they pushing her? They don't like Hanson because he did not follow their orders. Don't fix whats not broken. Don't vote for this manipulator with zero experience and zero objectivity. I admit that Obama is even more unqualified, but not by much. By the way, regarding her campaign picture, was that five sheets of cheese cloth over the lens or some kind of industrial strength air brushing technique? Or maybe it was her 30 years ago.

By the way, for the dip-whack that started this blog, that's "candidate" not canidate.
Truth Seeker

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jan 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dilbert Dirkson IV wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who is giving you all the negative icons but you are 100% correct. The failed Republican Club and its cast of Antioch old timers has screwed this town from one end to the other for years. Last go around they tried to foist off a 17 year old high school kid as the person most qualified to be mayor. Now they want us to hire Gaborhack to run off the chief of police - the best we have ever had - and "teach the trustees about what they are voting on". That's total crap. We also have the best Board this town has ever had. EVER. Why are they pushing her? They don't like Hanson because he did not follow their orders. Don't fix whats not broken. Don't vote for this manipulator with zero experience and zero objectivity. I admit that Obama is even more unqualified, but not by much. By the way, regarding her campaign picture, was that five sheets of cheese cloth over the lens or some kind of industrial strength air brushing technique? Or maybe it was her 30 years ago.

By the way, for the dip-whack that started this blog, that's "candidate" not canidate.
Totally agree with you. Also for the Antioch Township election one of the candidates is the former president of the Antioch Republican Club, Brent Bluthhardt, he is a total a**hole. He is also tied to the old blood of Antioch and would love nothing more than to put the township end of things on a backwards path as well. So I will not vote for Bluthhardt or Gaborack. I think we do not need to fix what is not broken, the current village board and Mayor Larry Hanson are doing a great job in tough times. And yes getting rid of the former police chief Forester was the best thing that ever happened, he was a crooked SOB and had anger management issues big time even with his own people. Chief Somerville rocks and Antioch is better for it.
Makes no sense

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

A politically inexperienced former used car salesperson wants to be mayor? Never served in any role. Makes insulting comments about Trustees to the press. Supporters hard pressed to define what is wrong with the current mayor other than saying he is not a leader as the town continues improving on multiple fronts, most importantly solvency. So now this never was wants to come in and "fix everything". What a joke. Based on her qualifications, she should run for President. Qualifications seem not to matter for that role.

My advice to her: since you will lose by a large margin, seek out a job as lobbyist for an underfunded developer seeking a taxpayer handout to cover their own incompetence. You seem to have a flair for that.
Honesty best policy

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makes no sense wrote:
A politically inexperienced former used car salesperson wants to be mayor? Never served in any role. Makes insulting comments about Trustees to the press. Supporters hard pressed to define what is wrong with the current mayor other than saying he is not a leader as the town continues improving on multiple fronts, most importantly solvency. So now this never was wants to come in and "fix everything". What a joke. Based on her qualifications, she should run for President. Qualifications seem not to matter for that role.
My advice to her: since you will lose by a large margin, seek out a job as lobbyist for an underfunded developer seeking a taxpayer handout to cover their own incompetence. You seem to have a flair for that.
Amen....Amen...to that. Very well said!
WHO DAT

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jan 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Honesty best policy wrote:
<quoted text> Amen....Amen...to that. Very well said!
Gee's I wonder if she popped in at the Lodge last week for the big up comming election send off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake Villa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lake Villa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lake Villa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Villa
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••