First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Wana Be watch

Naperville, IL

#1 Oct 16, 2012
Did anyone attend the fund raiser at Anastasia's the other night for whats her name. I was told that she was the one pushing to build that monster development on 173 a few years ago , as the economy took a dump. I hear her thing is "A new face with a new focus " or something like that. Whats her experience ( if any ).
A MO vote from me

Spring Grove, IL

#2 Oct 18, 2012
I think she was a car salesman and i know she was a lobbyist for the outfit trying to build the big commercial development that failed. She helped them get then Mayor Larsen along with 2 former trustees and current trustee Scott Pierce to commit 23 million dollars in extra taxes from shoppers to give as a gift to the developers. Even with that agreement the developers went BK and the money was never fleeced from people who would have unknowingly paid it while shopping there.

That alone disqualifies her in
My opinion. If she has run a big business I'd like to hear about it. Otherwise, I will work to insure we vote someone else in. Amateurs with no business mgmt experience nearly bankrupted Antioch. We don't need any more of them. Keep the group of experienced people we have now.
Board Watcher

Round Lake, IL

#3 Oct 18, 2012
A MO vote from me wrote:
I think she was a car salesman and i know she was a lobbyist for the outfit trying to build the big commercial development that failed. She helped them get then Mayor Larsen along with 2 former trustees and current trustee Scott Pierce to commit 23 million dollars in extra taxes from shoppers to give as a gift to the developers. Even with that agreement the developers went BK and the money was never fleeced from people who would have unknowingly paid it while shopping there.
That alone disqualifies her in
My opinion. If she has run a big business I'd like to hear about it. Otherwise, I will work to insure we vote someone else in. Amateurs with no business mgmt experience nearly bankrupted Antioch. We don't need any more of them. Keep the group of experienced people we have now.
I don't know what a "MO" vote is, but, I could not agree with you more about the undesirability of this woman for mayor. It's just crazy that she thinks she can come in and run Antioch with no experience, and without even a term as Trustee. That is exactly what was wrong with Antioch for years. Well intended but incompetent people in elected positions because they were "really swell people". She could not hold a candle to any of the competence on the board, and now she thinks she can come in and lead them? Lead them to what?

Nice job Antioch Township Republican Club. You have once again put your feet in a big pile of Obama. But why should we expect less? Last time you wanted a high school student for mayor. You should do what you do best and stay out of local politics. From what I can tell, most of you are quite clueless about what skills are needed to run a town the size of Antioch, and are being driven by your dislike for a mayor who is actually doing a good job.

The question that needs to be asked is why don't you like the mayor - you never come to any board meetings? How could you know what is going on? The answer, of course, is you do not know what is going on. You just don't like the mayor and are willing to throw anyone into the mix to get rid of him. That crap is a disservice to the residents of this town, and in fact, is shameful on your part. The current board, including the mayor, has saved this town from bankruptcy. Thank God that the high school boy you put up against the mayor in the last election was not elected. Instead of following your advice, he has moved on to college where he should be and where he is doing very well. Someday, he will make a fine mayor if he still wants a role in this town. When he is ready for prime time. Maybe Gaborek could make a fine mayor too, once she knows what the hell a mayor does and has proven herself as a competent manager. You want to get her elected so bad? Have her run for trustee and grow into the role you feel she can do well in.

Her chances of winning are DOA and it is shameful that you are encouraging her for your own political purposes. We already have an incompetent do-gooder running the country. We sure as hell do not need another one running Antioch.
Antiochian

Des Plaines, IL

#4 Oct 18, 2012
There is nothing wrong with competition. Let Ms. Gaborek run. If the voters want her they will vote for her. Not sure why her candidacy seems to have you up in a tizzy. I will say this, I am amazed at the requirements you are all making up in order for someone to be a Mayor. So far you need to have run a business and been a village trustee to even consider your self worthy of running. Well you know that those are not the rules. If she qualifies, just like if any other people decide to run and qualify for ballot then great. That is democracy.

I just hope that whom ever runs that it is a campaign on positive things that they want to do and for the village. We have had enough negativity. Let all candidates come out with their agenda for the next four years, let them come out with what their backgrounds are and what there future plans are and let the voters decide who they want.

Remember it is not always the most qualified that wins elections, regretfully it is sometimes just based on who gets their supporters out on election day.

Let the best man or woman win!
Mystery Man

Wheaton, IL

#5 Oct 18, 2012
Antiochian i guess the reason why everyone now wants the mayor to have a business background and/or background in politics is because look what happened when they elected Obama.
They got a president who knew zip about handling money, knew zip about businesses, knew zip about healthcare, knew zip about dealing with a Congressional government, etc.
And ran our country into the ground.
So you cant blame people for now wanting their elected officials to at least know something about the job. And to have some experience in business.
I'm against lifetime politicians. Two terms in any office is plenty. So let them be a trustee and then a mayor and then back to the private sector.
And the more people running the better.
Why should we always be stuck with just two choices ?
In fact in a lot of these local elections there is only one choice.
That is what is wrong with local governments.
No to Gaborek

West Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 18, 2012
Board Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what a "MO" vote is, but, I could not agree with you more about the undesirability of this woman for mayor. It's just crazy that she thinks she can come in and run Antioch with no experience, and without even a term as Trustee. That is exactly what was wrong with Antioch for years. Well intended but incompetent people in elected positions because they were "really swell people". She could not hold a candle to any of the competence on the board, and now she thinks she can come in and lead them? Lead them to what?

Nice job Antioch Township Republican Club. You have once again put your feet in a big pile of Obama. But why should we expect less? Last time you wanted a high school student for mayor. You should do what you do best and stay out of local politics. From what I can tell, most of you are quite clueless about what skills are needed to run a town the size of Antioch, and are being driven by your dislike for a mayor who is actually doing a good job.

The question that needs to be asked is why don't you like the mayor - you never come to any board meetings? How could you know what is going on? The answer, of course, is you do not know what is going on. You just don't like the mayor and are willing to throw anyone into the mix to get rid of him. That crap is a disservice to the residents of this town, and in fact, is shameful on your part. The current board, including the mayor, has saved this town from bankruptcy. Thank God that the high school boy you put up against the mayor in the last election was not elected. Instead of following your advice, he has moved on to college where he should be and where he is doing very well. Someday, he will make a fine mayor if he still wants a role in this town. When he is ready for prime time. Maybe Gaborek could make a fine mayor too, once she knows what the hell a mayor does and has proven herself as a competent manager. You want to get her elected so bad? Have her run for trustee and grow into the role you feel she can do well in.

Her chances of winning are DOA and it is shameful that you are encouraging her for your own political purposes. We already have an incompetent do-gooder running the country. We sure as hell do not need another one running Antioch.
I totally agree -- Gaborek would be a disaster for Antioch. She would erase any and all progress the current board has accomplished. We need to keep this village moving forward as we are and not going backwards to the Larson type losers days. Any links to Larson is like poison.
Gaborek questionable

Spring Grove, IL

#7 Oct 18, 2012
Antiochian wrote:
There is nothing wrong with competition. Let Ms. Gaborek run. If the voters want her they will vote for her. Not sure why her candidacy seems to have you up in a tizzy. I will say this, I am amazed at the requirements you are all making up in order for someone to be a Mayor. So far you need to have run a business and been a village trustee to even consider your self worthy of running. Well you know that those are not the rules. If she qualifies, just like if any other people decide to run and qualify for ballot then great. That is democracy.

I just hope that whom ever runs that it is a campaign on positive things that they want to do and for the village. We have had enough negativity. Let all candidates come out with their agenda for the next four years, let them come out with what their backgrounds are and what there future plans are and let the voters decide who they want.

Remember it is not always the most qualified that wins elections, regretfully it is sometimes just based on who gets their supporters out on election day.

Think of Antioch as a business. Think of what happened when amateurs ran Antioch. The decision will be clear.

I do agree that anyone has a right to run. Any who do need also to understand that the rules change when you are running for or in public office. Who you are is subject to intense scrutiny. And attacks are routine. Hopefully all running will have the temperament to endure it and the credentials to win.

For me, for the person running Antioch, I want management experience and an unbiased approach to resolving issues. Ms. Gaborek is a gloater when she wins. Lets hope she can grow up and out of that unattractive quality. Her record and her background will be thoroughly evaluated and extensively and publicly discussed.
Voter

Antioch, IL

#8 Oct 18, 2012
Perhaps she needs to keep selling cars if thaes what se did.
Who cares

Salem, WI

#9 Oct 18, 2012
Antiochian wrote:
Just know Antioch Topix is the same small group of people that either are the mayor, friends of the mayor, or blindly support the mayor. They have nothing but nasty and rude comments to anyone who try's to ask questions or comments they even think are against him, true or not. Don't even think about prior board members as they will repeat the same garbage they have time and time again. That may consist of the same three or four things over and over again. Ask for proof, and they will revert to your spelling, grammar or anything else they can think of to make you look stupid, with the hope you get so frustrated you just leave. Been there, done that, and have decided to just let them play among themselves. I just jumped in to give you a heads up as to what your dealing with. Other then that I just drop in to read from time with the hope it's changed. So far not!
Election Reflection

United States

#10 Oct 19, 2012
Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>Just know Antioch Topix is the same small group of people that either are the mayor, friends of the mayor, or blindly support the mayor. They have nothing but nasty and rude comments to anyone who try's to ask questions or comments they even think are against him, true or not. Don't even think about prior board members as they will repeat the same garbage they have time and time again. That may consist of the same three or four things over and over again. Ask for proof, and they will revert to your spelling, grammar or anything else they can think of to make you look stupid, with the hope you get so frustrated you just leave. Been there, done that, and have decided to just let them play among themselves. I just jumped in to give you a heads up as to what your dealing with. Other then that I just drop in to read from time with the hope it's changed. So far not!
The difficulty is that before, it was about who you knew that got you elected in small town clickish Antioch. Now people have to run and also get reelected based on potential or actual results.

If Ms. Gaborek can prove she has better potential to get better results than the current mayor, then she should have her chance. It seems a tall order given her inexperience in business and elected governing and the outstanding achievements in Antioch since the last mayoral election, but, it could happen. Just consider that Obama was elected with little experience in anything and with a gang of biased idiots behind him. Look how well that turned out. The same thing could happen in Antioch.
Save Us

Naperville, IL

#11 Oct 19, 2012
Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Just know Antioch Topix is the same small group of people that either are the mayor, friends of the mayor, or blindly support the mayor. They have nothing but nasty and rude comments to anyone who try's to ask questions or comments they even think are against him, true or not. Don't even think about prior board members as they will repeat the same garbage they have time and time again. That may consist of the same three or four things over and over again. Ask for proof, and they will revert to your spelling, grammar or anything else they can think of to make you look stupid, with the hope you get so frustrated you just leave. Been there, done that, and have decided to just let them play among themselves. I just jumped in to give you a heads up as to what your dealing with. Other then that I just drop in to read from time with the hope it's changed. So far not!
And of course you know this for sure because ? Or would it be that you are the other side of the debate and are and will always be a supporter of the group that damn near put Antioch in what was almost a bankrupt town like hundreds of other towns and villages run by greedy selfish incompetents.
what

Round Lake, IL

#12 Oct 20, 2012
Voter wrote:
Perhaps she needs to keep selling cars if thaes what se did.
You are so right.Thank God we have a mayor that has a great job, measureing inseems.That certainly qualifies him for his position!
IT is back

Naperville, IL

#14 Oct 20, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right.Thank God we have a mayor that has a great job, measureing inseems.That certainly qualifies him for his position!
And WE all know that at the top of your inseam there is nothing. But thats what happens when you develop as a eunuch.
Bevis

Spring Grove, IL

#15 Oct 20, 2012
IT is back wrote:
<quoted text>And WE all know that at the top of your inseam there is nothing. But thats what happens when you develop as a eunuch.
Or a new contender for mayor.
Leadershipless

Round Lake, IL

#16 Oct 22, 2012
Does anyone know where this woman stands on the Antioch Rescue Squad mess?
CHECKING

Naperville, IL

#17 Oct 22, 2012
You can rest that she isn't going to take a stand on this until it will make her look good. LOL that should take awhile.
Antioch voter

Antioch, IL

#18 Oct 25, 2012
Just maybe she don't know here is a Antioch Rescue Squad.
submorons

United States

#19 Oct 31, 2012
O
Mystery Man wrote:
Antiochian i guess the reason why everyone now wants the mayor to have a business background and/or background in politics is because look what happened when they elected Obama.
They got a president who knew zip about handling money, knew zip about businesses, knew zip about healthcare, knew zip about dealing with a Congressional government, etc.
And ran our country into the ground.
So you cant blame people for now wanting their elected officials to at least know something about the job. And to have some experience in business.
I'm against lifetime politicians. Two terms in any office is plenty. So let them be a trustee and then a mayor and then back to the private sector.
And the more people running the better.
Why should we always be stuck with just two choices ?
In fact in a lot of these local elections there is only one choice.
That is what is wrong with local governments.
Wow...blows my mind how many poor and middle class individuals support Romney.

You honestly think Obama is to blame for the state of things in this country and where they currently stand?
You honestly think one man can turn things around in 4 &%%##! years?
You honestly think that Obama or anyone else would have a snowballs chance in h#ll of changing Wal-street and the banking sector(where the real power is)
Yes, your deluded and ignorant just like the majority of cr@p that resides in Antioch and like towns across the USA.
Keep drinking the kool aid buddy
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#20 Oct 31, 2012
submorons wrote:
O<quoted text>
Wow...blows my mind how many poor and middle class individuals support Romney.
You honestly think Obama is to blame for the state of things in this country and where they currently stand?
You honestly think one man can turn things around in 4 &%%##! years?
You honestly think that Obama or anyone else would have a snowballs chance in h#ll of changing Wal-street and the banking sector(where the real power is)
Yes, your deluded and ignorant just like the majority of cr@p that resides in Antioch and like towns across the USA.
Keep drinking the kool aid buddy
well turn about is fair play.
If Obama can blame Bush for literaly everything then its not really a leap to say Obama had the same influnce on those events in his 4 years.
If you must characterize me i would prefer to be thought of as opinionated and passionate in my political views.
Save the insults for those who react to that. I tend to just ignore them as well as the posters who say them.
If you want to continue down the path of insults please find someone else to post back and forth with.
I'm just not interested in that.
Britain says

Hampton, UK

#21 Nov 1, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>well turn about is fair play.
If Obama can blame Bush for literaly everything then its not really a leap to say Obama had the same influnce on those events in his 4 years.
If you must characterize me i would prefer to be thought of as opinionated and passionate in my political views.
Save the insults for those who react to that. I tend to just ignore them as well as the posters who say them.
If you want to continue down the path of insults please find someone else to post back and forth with.
I'm just not interested in that.
We Brits hope Romney is elected. Obama made a fool out of himself when he met with our Queen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) 5 hr mermaid 129
warehouse sale 11 hr News Reader 2011 5
Historic building destroyed 12 hr News Reader 2011 1
Antioch, fire district will again seek ambulanc... Thu This is BS. 18
Sometime we just have to change Dec 16 Grayskull 1
How bad is the distracted driving in your area ? Dec 16 Grayskull 1
home choice stores (Aug '09) Dec 12 Thrifty 19
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web