Chicago Alderman wants to ban Energy Drinks in Chicago with some hefty fines.

Posted in the Lake Villa Forum

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013
Truthseeker

Waukegan, IL

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Here we go again the government trying to tell us what we can and can't put in our bodies. When it comes to Energy Drinks they should just back off. Ok fine, make it illegal for kids under 21, if they are so worried about kids drinking it, but to all out ban it for everybody else is stupid. Personally I like them, but I don't go crazy with them, I limit myself to one 16 oz. can a day.
Here We Go Again

Waukegan, IL

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Truthseeker wrote:
Here we go again the government trying to tell us what we can and can't put in our bodies. When it comes to Energy Drinks they should just back off. Ok fine, make it illegal for kids under 21, if they are so worried about kids drinking it, but to all out ban it for everybody else is stupid. Personally I like them, but I don't go crazy with them, I limit myself to one 16 oz. can a day.
The government should butt out and mind its own business when it comes to certain things such as this. Why don't they ban cigarettes for everyone??--that's a health hazard. This country is trying to become a dictatorship more and more every day when they should be worrying more about the economy and putting people back to work (you know things that have more priority). Also Chicago is the murder capital of the US, I think Energy Drinks should not even be on their radar at the moment. So glad I don't live in that frickin city anymore. What a disgrace!

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#3 Jan 18, 2013
agree, 100%
TOOL MARKS

Vernon Hills, IL

#4 Jan 18, 2013
BAN EVERYTHING

MAKE EVERYTHING ILLEGAL - It will be easier, to just make a (short) list of a few things that will still be Legal.... or tolerated.
Meh

Naperville, IL

#5 Jan 18, 2013
I'm guessing energy drink distributors are late on some payments.....
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Here We Go Again wrote:
<quoted text>
The government should butt out and mind its own business when it comes to certain things such as this. Why don't they ban cigarettes for everyone??--that's a health hazard. This country is trying to become a dictatorship more and more every day when they should be worrying more about the economy and putting people back to work (you know things that have more priority). Also Chicago is the murder capital of the US, I think Energy Drinks should not even be on their radar at the moment. So glad I don't live in that frickin city anymore. What a disgrace!
Cigarettes will be the one items the gov. will never ban.
They make too much money in taxes off it to ban it.
But i also agree with you 100%
I like the sugar in my soft drinks
the salt on my pretzels and potato chips
and if i want super sizes i should be allowed to order them.
The best example of gov. dictatorship is the food police.

As for Chicago i grew up there. Its way worse now.
Its a great example of what happens when you make guns illegal.
The murder rate skyrockets.
clay

El Monte, CA

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Far as the government interfering on energy drinks i think it is just ridiculous so many other issues in this city as many have already pointed out i say if they wanna do more for the health of there citizens then fix health care
Bipp

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2013
If its somthing harmful in it then maybe they can but chicago got bigger fish to fry than a drink its the higest murder population in the country i think they should adress that first
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Bipp wrote:
its the higest murder population in the country i think they should adress that first
Maybe they will in 4 years when Obama moves back home.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 8 hr newpoly 1,910
For Fun 13 hr fun times 1
Uniting As A Community To Support Our Youth 20 hr RLAYC 5
Corrupt Round Lake Beach ! 20 hr frustrating 35
Debate: Ferguson - Antioch, IL Fri Justathug 14
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Fri duh 86
•••
•••
•••

Lake Villa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000