Payment by fingerprint disappears

Payment by fingerprint disappears

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Payment by fingerprint disappears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Jan Bledsoe was shocked Thursday to learn she can no longer just swipe her finger across a screen at the local Jewel store to buy her groceries because the bankrupt company behind the technology no longer will ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

United States

#22 Mar 22, 2008
I often wonder how many "contractors" are storing PIN numbers.
PANCH

Chennai, India

#23 Mar 23, 2008
I think too much is being read into the bankruptsy filing of one company providing biometric payment services. If security is the primary concern then there are enough problems with Visas, passports & National IDs throughout the world. I think the technology is new and it needs some better execution to make things acceptable to the users. What if the stolen database is rendered useless for any hacker? I am sure security experts can think of ways to come around this problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Small Engine Repair is a scam (Jul '11) Mon Preston Moore 117
Macek Rumours! (Mar '15) Jun 24 Issac Newton Fan 27
Poll Red light cameras at Rt. 12 & Rt. 134- Safety o... (Jan '11) Jun 19 JustPassingThrough 22
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? (Aug '14) Jun 13 Nils Trillingham III 24
Martin Valadez (May '09) Jun 9 Cateleya 208
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Jun 2 raisal 159
News Lakemoor officials ask residents to lobby Wauco... Jun 2 Haha wauconda 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages