Concerned for the people

Round Lake, IL

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Isn't anyone concerned about the upcoming election in our town?
Antioch Voter

Antioch, IL

#2 Jan 30, 2013
As far as I am concerned the town is in good hands now.A couple of new people are running , one is a wanna be mayor who supports spending tons of the villages money on big box stores , the other is a bar owner in town. Got to tell you we don't need or want him or her. Both have way too much baggage.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#3 Jan 31, 2013
I agree. Hansen is doing a good job as mayor, and the current trustees seem to be well educated on the issues and have common sense as well. I'm happy with the good they've accomplished in the past couple of years, and they'll get my vote to be retained.
Ho Hum

Round Lake, IL

#4 Jan 31, 2013
S who's running in the township? Any challengers or are we stuck with the same old nepotism and the good ole' boy and girl club again? From the supervisor (S. Smouse)to the assessor (H. Marotta) to the deputy assessor whatever the heck she does (H Healy), to the Highway commissioner who is salaried at over $1,000 per mile for his 83 miles he's responsible for (M. Ring), I think they are all a big waste of taxpayer money. The County could take over their jobs very easily and the taxpayers would never miss those good ole boys and girls. What a joke that group is, but they're laughing all the way to the bank at taxpayers' stupidity!!
My money wasted

Spring Grove, IL

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Ho Hum wrote:
S who's running in the township? Any challengers or are we stuck with the same old nepotism and the good ole' boy and girl club again? From the supervisor (S. Smouse)to the assessor (H. Marotta) to the deputy assessor whatever the heck she does (H Healy), to the Highway commissioner who is salaried at over $1,000 per mile for his 83 miles he's responsible for (M. Ring), I think they are all a big waste of taxpayer money. The County could take over their jobs very easily and the taxpayers would never miss those good ole boys and girls. What a joke that group is, but they're laughing all the way to the bank at taxpayers' stupidity!!
Not many good choices. Smouse needs to go but the guy running against him is a falling down drunk. The problem is that the Township is what the Village was. Controlled and ripped off by old time friends and family. The village finally turned the corner with competent elected people. Time for the same thing in the Townshio. Or better yet, do away with it as you suggest.
2 Cents

Northbrook, IL

#6 Jan 31, 2013
How/Where do I find out who is running for the different positions?
Ho Hum

Round Lake, IL

#7 Jan 31, 2013
My money wasted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not many good choices. Smouse needs to go but the guy running against him is a falling down drunk. The problem is that the Township is what the Village was. Controlled and ripped off by old time friends and family. The village finally turned the corner with competent elected people. Time for the same thing in the Townshio. Or better yet, do away with it as you suggest.
Totally agree with you!! Now we just have to get it done - Get rid of the Wasteful Township altogether. Time for some investigative news people like Pam Zekman to get involved. That would expose ALL of the township's employees part time work for their full time salaries. Yep, taxpayers are definitely getting ripped off paying for their salaries, their wonderful benefits, pensions, per diem, i.e., personal car use and mileage (can you imagine the assessor denying or questioning her sister, our deputy assessor, about her expenses), daily personal time off for personal errands (caught you Mr. Smouse, Mr. Ring, Ms. Morotta and Ms. Healy) and and their perks (can't forget those self-indulgent perks). Yep, the Village got a makeover and next is the Township!
Concerned for the people

Round Lake, IL

#8 Feb 1, 2013
Isn't this the Round Lake Park Forum? Why are you talking about the Antioch elections? What about the Round Lake Park Elections or the Avon Township Elections?

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#9 Feb 1, 2013
Concerned for the people wrote:
Isn't this the Round Lake Park Forum? Why are you talking about the Antioch elections? What about the Round Lake Park Elections or the Avon Township Elections?
Your post showed up in the Antioch forum. Try putting the town you are posting about in your heading, and maybe Topix can be more specific.

Trying to be helpful, not sarcastic or anything.:)
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

#10 Feb 1, 2013
Concerned for the people wrote:
Cross posting in other neighboring towns happens a lot on topix.
Give News Readers suggestion a try he's usually right about such things.
With luck it'll work out for you.
If not do what i do and IGNORE any threads that don't have any interest for you.
LOL yes contrary to popular belief i don't post in every thread.
Concerned for the people

Round Lake, IL

#11 Feb 4, 2013
Thank you, i'll try again, i've never done this before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Antioch Model Trains & Hobby (Oct '08) Wed Unlucky Trains 17
find out if you have a warrant from lake county Tue Jay 2
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? Dec 23 Meh 18
Historic building destroyed Dec 23 Antiocher 3
near libertyville semi truck accident??? Dec 22 Bponch1234 1
Antioch, fire district will again seek ambulanc... Dec 21 Res 21
police Dec 21 imrereurrere 1
Lake Villa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web