Non emergency medical transport

Non emergency medical transport

Posted in the Lake Villa Forum

Common Sense

Lake Villa, IL

#1 Jul 3, 2013
I read an article in the paper about a cease and desist by the village for our town's rescue squad because they were offering non emergency transport services rathher than having non emergencys burdening 911. Have Superior, Atec and Murphy also been told they dont have a license to transport from Antioch? This is ridiculous. If I want the kind professionals from Antioch Rescue to take care of me, I'll call them thank you very much. I dont want a bunch of FIRE engines and 3 FIRE chiefs coming to make a big production out of my problem.

And someone shoukd tell the other ambulances companys they dont have a license
AntiochR

Mchenry, IL

#2 Jul 3, 2013
I posted the article in the other forum. "dont call 11, call us instead". Are these people crazy? I mean, what is going on over there? How can the township allow this to continue?
The Doctor Is In

Antioch, IL

#3 Jul 3, 2013
Common Sense wrote:
I read an article in the paper about a cease and desist by the village for our town's rescue squad because they were offering non emergency transport services rathher than having non emergencys burdening 911. Have Superior, Atec and Murphy also been told they dont have a license to transport from Antioch? This is ridiculous. If I want the kind professionals from Antioch Rescue to take care of me, I'll call them thank you very much. I dont want a bunch of FIRE engines and 3 FIRE chiefs coming to make a big production out of my problem.
And someone shoukd tell the other ambulances companys they dont have a license
No one has told these idiots that they cannot provide non emergency services within the Village. That is not the issue. They put out a flyer telling residents that they should call a local number to get "free" EMERGENCY services, and that they would support all calls, including from Village residents. They cannot legally do that, nor can they legally run any EMERGENCY calls through a local number. That's the law, and not just Antioch law. There are many good reasons for that law, including the fact that 911 calls can be tracked if you pass out while on the phone. Local calls cannot be and if you were dying, you would soon be dead. Further, non 911 calls will not net the full response that is needed, including police and perhaps surrounding agencies if they are closer to you. Further, they have no license to provide EMERGENCY services in the Village, and will be sued by the Village and likely be shut down permanently by the IDPH if they try that stunt again -in flyers, meetings, auctions, barbecue dinners, or anywhere else. And they can be assured that they will be watched intensely for any further efforts to subvert the integrity of the 911 system and their current legal status with the Village.

I don't disagree that ARS has some professional people in it - all of them in ambulances. Many of them are paid for their services by ARS, making them in fact "professionals" and not volunteers in spite of the claims by ARS that everyone is a volunteer. Many are not, and have not been for many years. They are hired employees working for another service. What they do NOT have is professional management, and that is why they are in and continue to be in the mess they are.

ARS leached hundreds and hundreds of thousands of tax dollars from Antioch Village residents over many decades with virtually NO accountability, which they conveniently forget in their repeated statements that they "CONTINUE to receive no tax money". Some of that money was subsequently embezzled by their treasurer while they were stonewalling the Village on its repeated requests for financial information - your tax money, and of course, they would like you to forget about that too. They claim they are not impacting Village residents financially, That is finally true, but it is a LIE for the 74 years ending sometime last summer when the Village finally cut them off.

ARS is in hot water with IDPH once again, and the real issue is, how long will they be allowed to stay in business at all. As you aptly pointed out, there are plenty of other non emergency services providers out there to use. And as far as numerous fire personnel coming to help me, I will be happy to have them all helping me if I have a medical emergency. If you live in the Village, you are going to have to deal with the fact that ARS walked out on you, and the Village will provide you with professionally managed emergency care, at no cost if need be. Get over the ARS. They are gone and they are not coming back to the Village. EVER.
Common Sense

Lake Villa, IL

#4 Jul 3, 2013
I apologize. After reading a second article that has more detail and talking to an old friend, I am ok with this. He also explained why the fire truck comes with the ambulanc and I agree. Why did I not hear more about this whole thingg in the news?
Rez

Round Lake, IL

#5 Jul 3, 2013
ARS is trying to sell its srvices because they no longer have the income thy once had. They have lost over 50% of their call base, so there is no money coming in for billing.

ARS has once again shown its arrogance to the citizens they supposedly serve. They are trying to go around the system instead of working with it.

The telephone safety board has a contract with Dekind's computer company, wonder how much longer that will last.

ARS is not coming back to the village, but I have family that live in the township area. I do not ant these idiots taking care of them. I wonder how many other laws are being broken by ARS?
Too Bad 4 the Twshp Rez

United States

#6 Jul 3, 2013
ARS=SAPS. They are saps, idiots, and fools fooling no one. Taking bets on how long they'll last in their gig at the Township. My bet, not past the end of the year.
Thanking the village

Addison, IL

#8 Jul 4, 2013
antioch rez wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as Steve Smouse keeps them alive out there by pulling his strings in the township.
He couldn't pull enough strings to hold up his pants as far as ARS go's.
No ARS

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 10, 2013
I read in today's paper that the First Fire District gave ARS a one year contract and it sounds like they are behind putting them back in the Village. That's a concern for town residents who understand what happened with ARS. Attention elected officials in the village - reinstate ARS at your own political peril. There will be a no spin resident education program started and once everyone has the facts, your future in town politics will end if you allow ARS to be inflicted back on village residents. Antioch residents deserve and will demand professionally managed EMS. That is not going to happen with the ARS leadership who abandoned village residents after years of taking millions of dollars of taxpayer money and claiming they did not, arrogance and lying. Elected village officials did a good job staring down the ARS bluff to quit and their power grab. Don't even think of blinking now under pressure from the township FD leaders who are little more than appointed puppets controlled by township head Steve Smouse, former head of ARS. They have no choice. You do.
AntiochR

Mchenry, IL

#10 Jul 10, 2013
Everything that happens in the township is controlled by Smouse. Smouse is so pro ARS and against AFD its unreal. The only reason ARS still works out in the township is because of Smouse.
The only chance e have of getting rid of ARS is the information recently sent to IDPH from the little letter writing ARS did. Hopefully, IDPH will say enough I enough and pull the ARS license.
The Doctor Is In

Antioch, IL

#11 Jul 10, 2013
AntiochR wrote:
Everything that happens in the township is controlled by Smouse. Smouse is so pro ARS and against AFD its unreal. The only reason ARS still works out in the township is because of Smouse.
The only chance e have of getting rid of ARS is the information recently sent to IDPH from the little letter writing ARS did. Hopefully, IDPH will say enough I enough and pull the ARS license.
Thankfully, the village is now providing adult supervision of their own EMS. It needs to stay that way. No more independent, unaccountable, mismanaged, energy draining, controversy causing secretive entities involved in protecting human life in Antioch. I would hope for the sake of their residents that the township sees it that way as well. They shockingly gave that bunch a 1 year contract. I only hope they are directly reporting to someone who is competent and has no old ties to the ARS.
Fun times in the city

United States

#12 Jul 10, 2013
Did anyone happen to notice who was not in the 4th of July parade this year?
Just a thought

Addison, IL

#14 Jul 10, 2013
Could it be that maybe Smouse see's a profit in the "NEW" ARS and keeping it alive will profit the management ?
afd supporter

United States

#16 Jul 10, 2013
Fun times in the city wrote:
Did anyone happen to notice who was not in the 4th of July parade this year?
Santa Claus??
I love a parade

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 11, 2013
afd supporter wrote:
<quoted text>Santa Claus??
Santa Smouse and his band of ARS holes.
Village Resident

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2014
I would like to thank the fire department and ambulance for helping my mother a few nights ago. My only concern is that they went a little overboard on their emergency services. There were a fire truck, ambulance a police car and an SUV. It seemed a bit much since there were a few people just kinda standing around. Are there not supervisors on each vehicle? It seemed a bit silly for a supervisor to supervise the supervisors. But I guess the village isn't taking any chances with those ambulance guys after the lawsuit. But a police officer to watch over them?
AFD Supporter

Antioch, IL

#20 Mar 3, 2014
To Village Resident: It's standard procedure now to always send a police officer and, if one is available, a fire truck. The reason is the police are there to insure that there is not something else going on than was reported and to protect the other rescue workers. You like me are a law abiding citizen, but the EMT's have no idea what they are walking in to, ever. Consider how dangerous it would be for them to be called into a situation where a violent domestic dispute was underway.

As far as the fire truck, it rolls to insure that the patient gets the fastest possible support, and to be there if extra human resources are needed. There recently was a call in Antioch where one reported sick person turned out to be dying of carbon monoxide poisoning along with several other people. Nobody knew that going in, and it turned out to be a matter of life or death that extra equipment was there and more arrived quickly. Please also keep in mind that all Antioch Village fire equipment is now equipped with Advance Life Support (ALS) equipment. The Village put that equipment on the trucks to insure that any qualified first responder could save a life. In the old ARS days, fire fighters weren't allowed to do anything more than administer oxygen and take readings. ARS considered it its domain and no one else s. That was all about money. Letting others in to help could have impacted there revenue. Thank GOD Village leaders got this fixed and are putting life protection first. They can bring all the equipment they have if I need them. I will be grateful for any and all help.

May I also respectfully suggest that you ask questions of Village management or elected officials if you have an issue or a concern? You will get better answers and more logical explanations than you will ever get here.
Vish

Toronto, Canada

#21 Oct 24, 2015
Check out our NEMT software solution
http://www.logistrics.com/enhanced-logistrics...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blood in Blood Out: Who was wrong Paco or Miklo? (Jul '07) Mar 21 Anonymous 101
News Suit claims Fox Lake misappropriated $2.2 milli... Mar 17 Fox 1
in loving memory of brian boatright! (Jan '08) Mar 17 Meli Moriarty 56
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Mar 15 Ugh 156
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Mar 15 reo555 171
round lake gangs (Jun '09) Mar 11 Darkkville 115
IH Rent -- Invitation Homes Rentals (Feb '14) Mar 10 Brittany 57

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance