Body in Lake Michigan was Lake Villa ...

Body in Lake Michigan was Lake Villa man's

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Body in Lake Michigan was Lake Villa man's. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A body pulled from Lake Michigan last week with a gunshot wound in the head has been identified as Artur Shehu, a Villa Park man charged in the fatal shooting of his parents earlier this year, authorities said ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sue

Gilman, IL

#1 Apr 16, 2008
I'm shocked! Weren't the cops still looking for him, when it was pretty obvious he drove to the lake to kill himself?
Nicholas

San Francisco, CA

#2 Apr 16, 2008
There were reports he may have tried to fake his own suicide. Thus, the cops kept looking. I guess not, but the lake doesn't give up her floaters until we have a good Spring thaw.
Moe

United States

#6 Apr 16, 2008
Just wondering how he got in the lake. If he shot himself and fell into the lake the ice would not have allowed him to disappear. It sounds suspicious to me.
bald

Wood Dale, IL

#8 Apr 16, 2008
If it is him he saved the tax payers a lot of money if legal fees and giving him a home and three meals a day for the rest of his life.
Mike

Oak Park, IL

#9 Apr 16, 2008
Moe wrote:
Just wondering how he got in the lake. If he shot himself and fell into the lake the ice would not have allowed him to disappear. It sounds suspicious to me.
The Lake Michigan shoreline there hadn't yet frozen in early January. Remember, we didn't get the required below-zero temperatures until later in the year. I'm curious to know if the gun he used on himself was found by the divers, or if it has now ended up in the hands of some Chicago gangbanger. Guns, unlike bodies, don't float away.
P.S. Hello, Trib editors! Your story states he was from Villa Park, not Lake Villa as the headline shows. Please correct it!
joe guy

United States

#10 Apr 16, 2008
Moe wrote:
I agree, how is it even possable to shoot yourself in the head and fall in the lake and go missing for how ever long.....
unless you kill yourself in a boat which would be impossable on the frozen lake or they would find a boat.
johnnyjustice

Hines, IL

#11 Apr 16, 2008
Now the villa park police can go back to eating doughnuts. It's not like they do anything other than give speeding tickets.
Gra

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 16, 2008
Great headline. The body is Lake Villa man's. What, a Lake Villa man owns the body? Who's body is it? Or are they trying to say the body IS the Lake Villa man.
Goopedup

Plano, TX

#13 Apr 16, 2008
Gra wrote:
Great headline. The body is Lake Villa man's. What, a Lake Villa man owns the body? Who's body is it? Or are they trying to say the body IS the Lake Villa man.
You caught that too? I have noticed a disturbing trend toward bad grammar in newspapers lately. It must be part of the yellow journalism pre-requisite.
sjm

Michigan City, IN

#14 Apr 16, 2008
Congratulations are inorder for him killing himself.
Tom

United States

#15 Apr 16, 2008
Hey, Dan Blake,
Do you know who was pulled from the river at Michigan Avenue a few weeks ago? I never saw a followup story on that.
Thanks.
Tom

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2008
Goopedup & Gra,

The editors don't edit as they used to, do they? And, Goopedup, ever listen to Kevin Mathews?!

Tom
resident

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 16, 2008
I knew this man hadn't faked his death. What a tragic story all around. RIP to all.
anonny mus

United States

#18 Apr 16, 2008
He lived in my apt. building, I'm glad to have closure on this. He lived there with his parents and there never seemed to be any problems.
Spradu Shehu

Rolling Meadows, IL

#19 Apr 16, 2008
My cousin he was. Kilt Mama e Papa...death too god fore him.

Needeit to rot in jayl.

Yashteeba flotniz
joe

Springfield, IL

#20 Apr 16, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>The Lake Michigan shoreline there hadn't yet frozen in early January. Remember, we didn't get the required below-zero temperatures until later in the year. I'm curious to know if the gun he used on himself was found by the divers, or if it has now ended up in the hands of some Chicago gangbanger. Guns, unlike bodies, don't float away.
P.S. Hello, Trib editors! Your story states he was from Villa Park, not Lake Villa as the headline shows. Please correct it!
Proper grammar doesn't sell as many newspapers. You're right. Guns don't float away, they sink. It is perfectly plausible for someone to stand on the edge of those rocks, shoot himself and then have both thier body and gun fall in the lake. Stand at as many crime scenes as I have and you'd be surprised at what can happen. Real Life isn't like CSI Miami.
ronny

Springfield, IL

#21 Apr 16, 2008
bald wrote:
If it is him he saved the tax payers a lot of money if legal fees and giving him a home and three meals a day for the rest of his life.
AMEN to that!
Goopedup

Plano, TX

#24 Apr 17, 2008
Tom wrote:
Goopedup & Gra,
The editors don't edit as they used to, do they? And, Goopedup, ever listen to Kevin Mathews?!
Tom
As a teenager, but not in the last 10 years. Why?
Tom

United States

#25 Apr 18, 2008
Goopedup wrote:
<quoted text>
As a teenager, but not in the last 10 years. Why?
Kevin had so many taglines but one of them was "gooped up on gaj" and when I saw your name it was the first time I'd ever seen the word printed.

I enjoyed my Kev-head days! Actually was disappointed to learn that Jimmy wasn;t a real person!
Goopedup

Plano, TX

#26 Apr 18, 2008
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Kevin had so many taglines but one of them was "gooped up on gaj" and when I saw your name it was the first time I'd ever seen the word printed.
I enjoyed my Kev-head days! Actually was disappointed to learn that Jimmy wasn;t a real person!
Ahhhh, gotcha. I got this from my college roommate who was always "gooped up on gop" which generally meant he was confused or felt awkward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Dr. Dennis Thain? (Apr '17) Dec 15 Lanamack 36
Antioch Schools (Sep '12) Dec 6 howardbeale 29
PARKING in posted "NO PARKING "area near AUGS a... (Aug '13) Dec 4 Good Luck 24
Does anyone know why the Helicopter was up and ... (Apr '12) Dec 4 Rob 18
Safe in Lk Villa ?? Dec 1 Tax Payer at large 3
Tear down Antioch bowling alley (Jul '15) Nov 30 Bowler Again 32
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Nov 29 Antiocher 167

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance