Dumping the dish
Shaking my head

Chicago Heights, IL

#1 Jun 4, 2011
Question: Who out there has dumped their dish or cable service and use a TV antennae? Any luck? I would love not having to pay to watch television anymore.
Townie

Grayslake, IL

#2 Jun 4, 2011
Tv is a treat. You should be more worried about the rising cost of food and transportation.
yep yep

Roselle, IL

#3 Jun 5, 2011
i have heard that you can now pick up HD signals with some sort of antennae and not need cabl or a dish, don't know any more than that though..
wayne r

San Antonio, TX

#4 Aug 9, 2011
Shaking my head wrote:
Question: Who out there has dumped their dish or cable service and use a TV antennae? Any luck? I would love not having to pay to watch television anymore.
I got rid of my dish. What a lot of people are not aware of if you have had satilite TV for a while is the reception got a lot better when they converted to digital from analog with more programs.To me satelite TV is a waste of money. Too many reruns and commercials .They disconnected my antenna when they put in the dish so I had to reconnect it to get reception
wayne r

San Antonio, TX

#5 Aug 9, 2011
I got rid of my satelite tv. Too expensive for reruns and commercials. What a lot of people are not aware of if you have had dish for a long time is the reception and programs got a lot better after they went to digital from analog. They were constantly raising the price. They disconnected my antenna when I got satelite tv so I had to reconnect to get reception.
Shaking my head

Round Lake, IL

#6 Jan 22, 2013
Townie wrote:
Tv is a treat. You should be more worried about the rising cost of food and transportation.
Townie. I can afford all 3. My question was about sattelite TV, not about Food.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 23, 2013
I am seriously considering this also. There is an antenna on the top of my house but I have never used it. If I disconnect dish, would I be able to reconnect the antenna? Sick to death of the fees to watch television. When we originally started with dish, we were paying about 50 a month, now it's 90. Kids are on the computer anyway, I think it's time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antioch OKs $250K grant to fill vacant departme... 23 hr Cookie Lover 2
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Aug 17 takenforaride 163
Antioch Rescue Squad - where is the money? (Sep '14) Aug 16 antioch resident 128
News Spring Grove burglary suspect arrested Aug 8 Irish Willie 1
Antioch Canton Tea Garden? Aug 8 Irish Willie 4
screw you antioch,il ambulance service Aug 3 Nitz Harvinkter Sr 3
Keranique is A Scam Aug 3 Not for all hair ... 1

Lake Villa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages