New Lake Villa chief Top cop jumps from Lake Villa

Oct 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News-Sun

Hainesville will lose its police chief when Ron Roth replaces retiring Lake Villa Chief Roger Visconti on Nov.

Comments
81 - 94 of 94 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2008
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Older Than Dirt

United States

#85 Nov 3, 2008
mr GV amy thin b line wrote:
Number one, "No I do not know what the heck 1096 is!" Thanks...
Number two, "PIG, as in you refering to me is not only inapropriate but shows your true character." Your answer: Not a cop Thanks...
Number three, "Get a life and also get your facts correct because your roomer rats aint cutting it for you."
Number four Hmmmmmm, I forgot and can't beleive I'm on a website bringing myself down to your level over some cop anyways!!!!!!!" Maybe he knows what 1096 is? Cough, cough ...breaker, breaker 10-4 good buddy... lol
Please don't attack those who you know nothing about.......please... as it truely shows your character and ruins your credit.
Now show us all about 1096 piggy!
Cheap whiskey will do this to a person!
Mr_Doo

Elgin, IL

#86 Nov 6, 2008
amy wrote:
<quoted text>domyou realize the last few months of his salary was inflated so he could collect a bigger pension?
Do you know for a fact that his salary was inflated??? I think not.. God the guy has retired let it go. Or were you one of his "victims"? Did he whisper sweet nothins in your ear and then dump you? Or maybe ur one of his ex wives and your bitter that you can't get a part of his pension? HUM!!! makes you wonder!!!!
tom

Orland Park, IL

#87 Nov 7, 2008
Mr_Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know for a fact that his salary was inflated??? I think not.. God the guy has retired let it go. Or were you one of his "victims"? Did he whisper sweet nothins in your ear and then dump you? Or maybe ur one of his ex wives and your bitter that you can't get a part of his pension? HUM!!! makes you wonder!!!!
WoW I like you rthinking mr doo...:)
Mr_Doo

Saint Charles, IL

#88 Nov 7, 2008
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
WoW I like you rthinking mr doo...:)
Well, even if his salary was inflated... Come on people they do the same when a teacher retires. But I guess being a cop and serving the public for almost 30 years isn't worth anything. My personal opinion is that police officers, fireman and EMTs should all be paid what a professional sports figure gets paid. After all will Rex Grossman save you from a burning building or stop a burglery in progress???? MAKES YOU THINK!!
Older Than Dirt

United States

#89 Nov 7, 2008
Mr_Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, even if his salary was inflated... Come on people they do the same when a teacher retires. But I guess being a cop and serving the public for almost 30 years isn't worth anything. My personal opinion is that police officers, fireman and EMTs should all be paid what a professional sports figure gets paid. After all will Rex Grossman save you from a burning building or stop a burglery in progress???? MAKES YOU THINK!!
GOOD Point!!
Tom

Orland Park, IL

#90 Nov 10, 2008
Cathy you still there??
optamist

Schaumburg, IL

#91 Nov 11, 2008
Lake Villa is lucky to be getting Roth! he is a stand up guy and will do nothing but help the PD. He truly cares about his job.

shame on those who judge the man without knowing him.
tps

Round Lake, IL

#92 Nov 11, 2008
optamist wrote:
Lake Villa is lucky to be getting Roth! he is a stand up guy and will do nothing but help the PD. He truly cares about his job.
shame on those who judge the man without knowing him.
Maybe we do know him. If he is such a standup guy how come Antioch didn't pick him for chief? He has to go to a nothing town like Hainesville for a few months till this new gig opened up. So what stopping him from leaving Lake Villa as soon as something else opens up. Don't give me any s___
about a career either. He is already pulling a pension from Antioch. I could fill your ears about him but you know what who really cares anyway.
optamist

Schaumburg, IL

#93 Nov 11, 2008
then you obviously don't know him.

have you ever made a career move? most of us would jump at the opportunity for more money / responsibility.
Daisy

Chicago, IL

#94 Nov 12, 2008
Roth worked very hard and long hours for Hainesville and did an outstanding job getting the PD in place. Why does it bother people so much that he "already has a pension"? He EARNED it, and if he is not ready to quit working why would that bother anyone? Roth didnt approach Lake Villa for the position - Lake Villa pursued him. Are you people upset that he left Hainesville or are you upset that he was offered a larger department and took the challenge?
Ron

Chicago, IL

#95 Nov 12, 2008
Daisy wrote:
Roth worked very hard and long hours for Hainesville and did an outstanding job getting the PD in place. Why does it bother people so much that he "already has a pension"? He EARNED it, and if he is not ready to quit working why would that bother anyone? Roth didnt approach Lake Villa for the position - Lake Villa pursued him. Are you people upset that he left Hainesville or are you upset that he was offered a larger department and took the challenge?
Bingo, Daisy. Just because he wasn't LCSD, people decided he was bad. Roth did a great job for Hainesville. It almost sounds like these people didn't want him but didn't want anybody else to have him either. I guess when these people leave a job, they don't get to take their 401K with them so they are resentful of the pension Roth already earned.??
Older Than Dirt

United States

#96 Nov 12, 2008
And actually, what does it matter what anybody thinks...Chief Roth was great and Lake Villa is pretty fortunate to have him...and now we have a new Chief...pretty soon they'll leave Roth alone and start on the new one. Sad, very sad. Let's hope we can start being positive. If you dwell on the negative, nothing changes.
TBA

AOL

#97 Nov 12, 2008
what are the requirmeent for chief do you know, and what experience? Is this the old time friend?
Older Than Dirt wrote:
And actually, what does it matter what anybody thinks...Chief Roth was great and Lake Villa is pretty fortunate to have him...and now we have a new Chief...pretty soon they'll leave Roth alone and start on the new one. Sad, very sad. Let's hope we can start being positive. If you dwell on the negative, nothing changes.
Enough

Mchenry, IL

#98 Nov 13, 2008
This is out of control. I am so sick and tired of all this. I wish everyone could have their opinions and be able to air them without being personally attacked. Dont you realize these are peoples lives?? Enough is enough. Please lets go back to discussing issues and not maliciously attacking each and every person regardless of which side they are. You like the current board and mayor great explain why, if you dont then do the same. Explain grievances and allow others to comment on them without attacking them. I personally dont always agree with either side but I dont come on here to humiliate or degrade anyone.
Please for the sake of everyone lets stop this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Virus Infected 49,488
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sun Corrupt Democrats 1,908
Projects would boost Lake County forest preserv... (Feb '13) Sun Leaving illinois 15
For Fun Aug 30 fun times 1
Uniting As A Community To Support Our Youth Aug 30 RLAYC 5
Corrupt Round Lake Beach ! Aug 30 frustrating 35
Debate: Ferguson - Antioch, IL Aug 29 Justathug 14
•••
•••
•••

Lake Villa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••