New Lake Villa chief Top cop jumps fr...

New Lake Villa chief Top cop jumps from Lake Villa

There are 94 comments on the News-Sun story from Oct 24, 2008, titled New Lake Villa chief Top cop jumps from Lake Villa. In it, News-Sun reports that:

Hainesville will lose its police chief when Ron Roth replaces retiring Lake Villa Chief Roger Visconti on Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
tired of lies

Waukegan, IL

#1 Oct 24, 2008
If this doesn't show we were right I don't know what does. The mayor made a decision to start a police department, hire a chief and give them IMRF and how that chief's gone. This is exactly what we were all talking about, this village is a joke and not even a funny one.
future

AOL

#2 Oct 24, 2008
It was something to pass the time way - this was the plan all along, the mayor might not be the brightest nut, but the residents are very active, they called this months ago.

Is this one reason there were so many HPD in Lake Villa all the time? They pulled a fast one on the mayor but not the residents.

OK, what is next? His good friend will be the new chief? No applications???? There was no process for SGT, and SGT of what???

Smooth move X lax....
insane

AOL

#3 Oct 24, 2008
How much training did Hainesville pay for? How much were the uniforms and all the other little toys? Should he be required to pay it back? Oops the board never thought about that now did they.... but the residents did...
tired of lies

Lake Villa, IL

#4 Oct 24, 2008
Let's just rack up as one more blatantly wrong thing the village did. I wouldn't even call it a mistake, it's a complete farce.
citizen

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2008
tired of lies wrote:
Let's just rack up as one more blatantly wrong thing the village did. I wouldn't even call it a mistake, it's a complete farce.
Can this police force at least arrest the mayor for this farce he created that should be a crime.
insane

AOL

#6 Oct 24, 2008
as it was stated to me they take of his friends tickets ... per his request ....
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Can this police force at least arrest the mayor for this farce he created that should be a crime.
csh

Lake Villa, IL

#7 Oct 24, 2008
Who really cares. He is gone and I for one am very glad of that. Now all we have to do is
dump the rest of the garbage and we might be able to save this small town.
I sure hope they look for a new chief instead
of just giving it to this so called SGT. who never even commanded anyone or anything other
then his cup of coffee.
Jerry

Manhattan Beach, CA

#8 Oct 25, 2008
insane wrote:
How much training did Hainesville pay for? How much were the uniforms and all the other little toys? Should he be required to pay it back? Oops the board never thought about that now did they.... but the residents did...
Im quite sure that he had this planned since before he was sworn with Hainesville. A chief retiring is simply not a spur-of-the-moment occurrence. How long did he know about this? He was supposedly "promised" IMRF as part of accepting the chief position. Was this just part of his master plan to collect yet another retirement fund on someone elses coin? Come on now, we werent all born yesterday. This just completely adds to the lunacy and idiocy of how this poor little town is run.
tired of lies

Lake Villa, IL

#9 Oct 25, 2008
Unless Lake Villa Police have IMRF, Roth will receive a refund of his contributions into IMRF. However, if Lake Villa Police do have IMRF, Roth will just continue and Hainsville will still have to have pay the matching funds for the time he was here. ($75,000 at $2884 per paycheck X 7.5% employee contribution to IMRF X 8 months = $2200) and that money has to remain a constant by the village to IMRF in the event Roth retires in 8 years (vested time for IMRF).
citizen

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2008
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Im quite sure that he had this planned since before he was sworn with Hainesville. A chief retiring is simply not a spur-of-the-moment occurrence. How long did he know about this? He was supposedly "promised" IMRF as part of accepting the chief position. Was this just part of his master plan to collect yet another retirement fund on someone elses coin? Come on now, we werent all born yesterday. This just completely adds to the lunacy and idiocy of how this poor little town is run.
Good point. I remember the letter the former mayor sent to the newspapers earlier this year warning about a "honeymoon" period that was not going to last. The chickens have come home to roost.
Julie

United States

#11 Oct 25, 2008
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I remember the letter the former mayor sent to the newspapers earlier this year warning about a "honeymoon" period that was not going to last. The chickens have come home to roost.
Do you know if whe will be at the next board meeting. I would like to meet her.
MASTER PLANNER

AOL

#12 Oct 25, 2008
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
He must have learned financial planning from the C.A.P. group in Antioch. His real goal was police chief in Antioch, then again he would just might quit the Lake Villa job if Antioch opens up!
jaycee

Naperville, IL

#13 Oct 25, 2008
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if whe will be at the next board meeting. I would like to meet her.
Good for you! Were you living here when she was Mayor for Hainesville? She never showed up for Village Board meetings until just lately as now she is running for Mayor! Ask her how she can substantiate the fact she started the big hoop la when it came time to discussing raises and salary as opposed to hourly pay for the Village Staff!!! Ha - Ha. This has been an ongoing situation with the staff and Village Board. She allowed individuals to come and go to work when and if they could and allowed for an enormous amount of money to be paid to the employees at that time. Talk about tax payers dollars. Things have changed since then. The Village is now on a tight budget for the staff of Hainesville. I just received a FOIA request as to who gets paid what - yeah, good pay! Now they are supposedly doing a time clock. Thank you Village Board. For those of you who have lived here for over nine years then you make your decision. For those of you who have not been here that long, remember! The grass is always greener on the other side but Linda Soto would not be the best candidate for you in this upcoming election. Just ask her how much time she is willing to give to the Village as acting Mayor. There are always issues to be considered and how much time is she actually able to contribute to the Village with her ongoing situations. Hey, and what about those people who were constantly complaining about her cutting through Misty Hill to get her kid to school? Let's not forget about that. Time will tell! Think very carefully before you vote and look at every aspect of the situations at hand.
citizen

United States

#14 Oct 25, 2008
jaycee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! Were you living here when she was Mayor for Hainesville? She never showed up for Village Board meetings until just lately as now she is running for Mayor! Ask her how she can substantiate the fact she started the big hoop la when it came time to discussing raises and salary as opposed to hourly pay for the Village Staff!!! Ha - Ha. This has been an ongoing situation with the staff and Village Board. She allowed individuals to come and go to work when and if they could and allowed for an enormous amount of money to be paid to the employees at that time. Talk about tax payers dollars. Things have changed since then. The Village is now on a tight budget for the staff of Hainesville. I just received a FOIA request as to who gets paid what - yeah, good pay! Now they are supposedly doing a time clock. Thank you Village Board. For those of you who have lived here for over nine years then you make your decision. For those of you who have not been here that long, remember! The grass is always greener on the other side but Linda Soto would not be the best candidate for you in this upcoming election. Just ask her how much time she is willing to give to the Village as acting Mayor. There are always issues to be considered and how much time is she actually able to contribute to the Village with her ongoing situations. Hey, and what about those people who were constantly complaining about her cutting through Misty Hill to get her kid to school? Let's not forget about that. Time will tell! Think very carefully before you vote and look at every aspect of the situations at hand.
You sure did say a mouth full. Too bad it was just hateful untruths. I lived here when she was mayor, and there were very good reasons she got things done and earned the respect of the people taht worked with her and the other sorrounding municipalities. Would you have the courage to say these lies directly to her face and family. I very much doubt you do. Just take the opportunity to listen to her ideas that will get this village back on track, like I did, before you continue to spew your hateful garbage. You sound just like that crazy neighbor of the current mayor.
Jack

United States

#15 Oct 25, 2008
jaycee wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also a resident when Mrs. Soto was mayor. I know her and appreciate everything she did for this village, most of which was not even publicized. She was a full time mayor then and plans to be a full time mayor this time, if elected. I don't know who you are, sir or madam, but you are at a minimum a very ignorant individual.

I agree with other letter, I doubt very much if you have the guts to say these nasty things you said about the former mayor to her face. Perhaps it's best you remain anonymous.
paul

United States

#16 Oct 25, 2008
jaycee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thought it very carefully and researched facts myself, and you are dead wrong. Please keep quite if you don't have anything constructive or factual to say. It's people like you that discourage good qualified people from running for public office.
jamie

United States

#17 Oct 26, 2008
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure did say a mouth full. Too bad it was just hateful untruths. I lived here when she was mayor, and there were very good reasons she got things done and earned the respect of the people taht worked with her and the other sorrounding municipalities. Would you have the courage to say these lies directly to her face and family. I very much doubt you do. Just take the opportunity to listen to her ideas that will get this village back on track, like I did, before you continue to spew your hateful garbage. You sound just like that crazy neighbor of the current mayor.
Wow. Talk about hateful comments. This whole website is full of it. It should be renamed the Soto and Stilz website, don't you think? And yes, I would say this to Mrs. Soto's face. What neighbor are you referring to?
request

AOL

#18 Oct 26, 2008
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU JUST RECEIVED A FOIA REQUEST?

Can you you back up anything here of what your saying here about Soto, or do you plan to try and run against her?
jaycee wrote:
<quoted text>
cranberry

United States

#19 Oct 26, 2008
request wrote:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU JUST RECEIVED A FOIA REQUEST?
Can you you back up anything here of what your saying here about Soto, or do you plan to try and run against her?
<quoted text>
Good question. How can you receive FOIA request unless you work for this village or are on the board. Why don't you identify yourself, you damned coward. Are you like the mayor, that just likes to talk behind the former mayor's back.
no crap connection

United States

#20 Oct 26, 2008
MASTER PLANNER wrote:
<quoted text>He must have learned financial planning from the C.A.P. group in Antioch. His real goal was police chief in Antioch, then again he would just might quit the Lake Villa job if Antioch opens up!
If you know anything about the Antioch C.A.P group headed up by Antioch Mayor Larson, McCarty, and Pierce you would know that Ron Roth would have nothing to do with them. Larson screwed up the entire Antioch PD by forcing Chief Fagan out and then putting in her buddy, her pal Jimmy who has caused the moral of APD to go down the worst it has ever been..........So yes if Ron Roth was ever able to return.....the hard working staff would welcome him back and hope he would clean house of the current chief and his buddies who are filling up the space in the 2nd floor offices now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Villa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Macek Rumours! (Mar '15) Fri Issac Newton Fan 27
Poll Red light cameras at Rt. 12 & Rt. 134- Safety o... (Jan '11) Jun 19 JustPassingThrough 22
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? (Aug '14) Jun 13 Nils Trillingham III 24
Martin Valadez (May '09) Jun 9 Cateleya 208
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Jun 2 raisal 159
News Lakemoor officials ask residents to lobby Wauco... Jun 2 Haha wauconda 7
Antioch Small Engine Repair is a scam (Jul '11) May 31 el TORO 116
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Villa Mortgages