Yes, but you are still an idiot.first i'm NOT from Naperville i have no idea why it says that. In fact i'm surprised you didn't notice at other times it says Joliet. Go figure. Why is 4 lanes more dangerous then 2 lanes if the speed limit is the same ? Maybe its about time the townies learned to cross at the light instead of wherever they feel like it. I could go on but its pointless. You have your opinion and i have mine.
Frustrated motorists on Route 83 from Lake Villa through Antioch will get relief as a $20 million road improvement project has been approved.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun-Times News Group.
#21 Nov 24, 2008
#22 Nov 24, 2008
awww now you're trying to make me feel good.
#23 Nov 24, 2008
Hey now, if we are laying the ground work for the title "Idiot" there are far more deserving individuals in and around Antioch than anyone on this site; well... we can't forget about RL, can we?
Antioch will never have the problem that Libertyville does, we don't have the population and surrounding residence levels yet. Not for years yet anyway. Let them fix the roads, let them widen to three lanes and for God sake, let them fix the sink holes on 83. Quit griping about it or they might have second thoughts. Just let them get anything, ANYTHING, done first and then we can discuss the merits.
Jeez guys, Antioch hasn't seen this much attention since we found out the someone diverted the money from the Senior Center fund and we all had to foot the bill on our utility bills (hey, increased utility taxes, where have I heard this before? Oh yea, a month or two ago from Larson and McCarty). Just let anything get done and I promise you it will be the first thing that's been done for this village in a very long time.
#24 Nov 24, 2008
You need to meet my good friend Webster's Dictionary. By your own description of the individuals who govern Antioch they don't get things done. And in the case of the Senior Center they are also a bit crooked. Neither of those are traits of a real idiot like myself. I am if nothing else honest. And in spite of my simpleton ( one of Webster's definition of idiot )ways i do manage to get things i work on done. So please use another adjective for those individuals. Village Idiot is all mine !!
#25 Nov 24, 2008
Pray tell, how much would you like them to get done with no money and what money there was squandered on a so called "business district fund" that pumped hundreds of thousands of dollars in to building improvements like building owners replacing apartment windows on Main Street so they could charge more rent.
Here are a few facts:
- The Board stopped fighting long ago. I think they all got sick of it.
- They did not get rid of McCarty. Probably should have but they were trying to bring some order to a completely chaotic situation organized by the old power players in CAP.
- They have stopped most of the rampant "forget about tomorrow" spending of the past.
- They have clamped down on income and outgo to make sure there are no more surprises.
- They forced layoffs in lieu of a utility tax that were being pushed hard by McCarty and Larson.
- They forced developer contributions to the Village should Antioch Marketplace ever be built.
- They hired a new Administrator to try to fix the rest of the administrative mess in this town. She had a slow start, perhaps understandable given the mess she inherited, and is doing a good job, although many worry that she may still have too much input from people not loyal to the current efforts of the Board.
- They dealt with a massive problem with the Neumann Homes bankruptcy, and have achieved results far ahead of any other community with Neumann Homes developments.
- They lobbied with Bond and others to secure the Route 83 improvements.
- They forced numerous changes in the Antioch Marketplace design to help protect Little Silver Lake and surrounding residents.
- They cut a large number of expenses in the Village operating budget, and are providing increased oversight in areas that need attention.
- They have approved a number of capital projects and various development projects throughout the town including the largest single capital project the Village has ever handled - the new water treatment plant - which they are also providing oversight for.
- Repaired as many roads as meager funds could allow.
- Paved crumbling parking lots and finally got the rotting downtown water tower removed.
- Enacted dozens of ordinances and dealt with dozens and dozens of complaints/problem issues over the last 18 months.
Some things they have not done:
- Approve a highly controversial 1% sales tax increases to line the pockets of the Antioch Marketplace developer. Still under consideration, but I would not hold my breath for a tax increase, especially given the uncertainty of the development going in any time soon anyway.
- Have not cleared out the old barded up service station across from Village Hall. For those condemning the number of banks coming to town, you will be sorry to learn, however, that a bank will be built on the site soon.
- Fixed the problem with the Pittman vacant lot downtown. They could condemn it and build a park if there was any money left.
- Built a new swimming pool. See Pittman explanation above.
Easy to throw bombs folks. Hard to do it with FACTS.
Go ahead and attack me now. I can tell you however, that I know what the hell is going on because unlike most of you, I actually attend the Board meetings and listen objectively to the people who were elected to take care of this town. I like some better than others, but they are getting things done. Too bad this Board was not in place 4 years ago. Things might be much different today.
#26 Nov 24, 2008
Gee you got a lot of anger in you. Why do you think people are going to attack you ? Disagreeing with someone is not necessary an attack. Besides this thread was about the road improvements on 83. Maybe you should start a thread to deal with all those issues you're so passionate about.
#27 Nov 24, 2008
I can't speak for Board Watcher, but my guess is he/she is not angry, just tired of statements like the following in the fourth post above. I know I am:
"Just let anything get done and I promise you it will be the first thing that's been done for this village in a very long time"
I personally think that is an unfair shot at a hard working Board. I am glad someone else spoke up. And I will start my own thread if I continue to read this stuff. There seem to be a few people in town that still have an agenda to disrupt, attack, divide, and conquer. This Board is doing a good job in my view. The only ones griping are those who don't seem to know the facts.
#28 Nov 24, 2008
I don't think you should be attacked at all. I agree with you. Thank you for itemizing what's been happening at the meetings. I am one who cannot attend, only seldomly. I appreciate your post.
#29 Nov 24, 2008
Silly while you might find that post letting anything get done unfair to the board you have to admit it was on target with the topic of this thread. I'm not agreeing with him or you just pointing out that he at least was on topic. But you are more then welcomed to start your own thread. I'll be curious to see what topic it'll be on. I can't promise i'll contribute. There's just so much one Village Idiot can do.
Add your comments below
|What happened to Dr. Dennis Thain?||20 hr||Squirrel||15|
|IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14)||Mon||Renee3307||162|
|No Stoplight at Grim Road||Jun 16||Chad||4|
|Huge crowd weighs in on township's proposal to ...||Jun 9||T Woods||2|
|Martin Valadez (May '09)||Jun 7||iFUDONTNO||214|
|Van/Bus Accident in Salem||May '17||Hugh Girrod||6|
|round lake gangs (Jun '09)||May '17||Anonymous||116|
Find what you want!
Search Lake Villa Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC