Georgia High School Football - Lake V...

Georgia High School Football - Lake View sneaks past Towns County

There are 18 comments on the MaxPreps story from Sep 3, 2007, titled Georgia High School Football - Lake View sneaks past Towns County. In it, MaxPreps reports that:

The Lake View Wild Gators football squad scored 8 points and restricted the host Towns County Indians to 6 in the Wild Gators non-league victory on Friday. via MaxPreps

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MaxPreps.

mrg06

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Sep 4, 2007
I think the refs didnt know what they were doin that night! They sure did miss alot of calls against the other team but they found every flag that could be thrown against towns! I think Towns would've won if it wasnt for the refs!
Giveahoot

Homer, GA

#2 Sep 5, 2007
mrg06 wrote:
I think the refs didnt know what they were doin that night! They sure did miss alot of calls against the other team but they found every flag that could be thrown against towns! I think Towns would've won if it wasnt for the refs!
a typical Towns response/excuse for why they lost - had to be someone else's fault; couldn't be their own!!!!!!!!!!
mrg06

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Sep 5, 2007
EXCUSE me our team is WAY better then it has been in years and its not an excuse its the damn truth where you there did you see the game?
holy crap

United States

#4 Sep 5, 2007
hey one of the best games I've Towns Co play,
what hurt the team is all the stupid flags
we got ourselves...
footballer

Owingsville, KY

#5 Sep 6, 2007
i went to the game friday and can finally see improvement at towns co they finally are lining up and playing there position i am really impressed with the quaterback and the teams play go indians !!!!!
Townsresident

Rochelle, GA

#6 Sep 6, 2007
footballer wrote:
i went to the game friday and can finally see improvement at towns co they finally are lining up and playing there position i am really impressed with the quaterback and the teams play go indians !!!!!
The entire team played great! They've got some Jr.s & Sr.'s out there like Hughes, Nicholson, and Calhoun that have never played before running the ball and making some tackles. Add that with the returning experienced players like like Page, Green, Stroud, Phillips, the Ledfords, and young freshmen like Goodwin, then the new guys that came this year and hey, we've got a real "TEAM" for the first time in TCHS football history. I believe the coaches brought all this together and have the support of the school and the fans finally by giving everyone something to believe in. We've got cheerleaders and the band giving it their all and leading the fans to get on their feet. I'm proud of TCHS, it reminds me of basketball glory days in the old gym. It's a great thing for the kids to experience.

If you've never watched the movie "Fighting the Giants" it's a great flick and very inspirational. Reminds me of our team.
standing up

Young Harris, GA

#7 Sep 6, 2007
The football boys are looking good this year and so are our cheerleaders!! They all have improved so much!! So let's all remember the game tomorrow night in Blairsville and go support TC!!!!! Go Big Blue!!!
iam4achange

Rochelle, GA

#8 Sep 7, 2007
I agree we finally have a real football team here in Towns County.

Remember that Union is AA or AAA and we are still just an A school. That means they have 2-3 times the number of students TCHS has and therefore have more to draw from. I don't know how they did last week but they won against 3 AA or AAA schools in their pre-season games. So remember if things dont go well tonight it's not a region game, the only reason we play each other is because it's always a big crowd and big crowds mean more ticket sales & revenue, same with Hayesville. Although word is they are worried. We will get a better idea about Hayesville after they play Rabun tonight, remember in pre-season we only lost that game by 1 TD!

Our real match ups will be against other A schools to come in the next few weeks.
football fan

Young Harris, GA

#9 Sep 7, 2007
well guys I have heard on the grapevine that some of the Union Co. team are going to try to "take out" TC's quarterback. I think TC's coaches have already heard this, but I guess it's going to be a really exciting game tonight. I do think UC might be a little worried about TC this year. I did notice that UC's HS vice principal was at the last weeks TC game. Hum....maybe checking us out to see how good we are????

Since: Sep 07

Hiawassee, GA

#10 Sep 8, 2007
We have a football program we can be VERY proud of. I see much improvement. Let's fill the stands @ home and away games. These athletics are working hard. They always have worked hard, now they just have the right coaches to help them. GO TC INDIANS!!!!!!!!!111111
Jordan

Twinsburg, OH

#11 Sep 13, 2007
we just got done with towns last week 31-6 atleast they scored and i saw plenty of improvement! the qb was new and fresh and tyou can tell that they were coached better than previous years....hope to see yall win a few this year good luck! GO PANTHERS (i am a db and wide reciever for the panthers by the way!)
football fan

Young Harris, GA

#12 Sep 13, 2007
Jordan
That is so sweet and mature of you!! Well done and thanks, it would be awesome if TC could win a couple,and I agree the coaching is alot better than the past.
GO BIG BLUE

Newark, OH

#13 Sep 13, 2007
Jordan, I agree w/Football Fan...it was very nice of you not to smear it in our faces. That was an awesome game for both sides. Hopefully this year will be better for our Indians than in years past. Wishing your team good luck w/your games this year too.
Some folks act like TC has NEVER won a game EVER! Thats not true! We have won some games over the years though they are few & far between. At least they're not quiters! I don't agree w/teaching poor sportsmanship.
The new coach seems to be improving the Indians. Hopefully they will continue to stay PUMPED UP.
*Some good news!*.....The Tiny Mite Indians won against Union Co!!!!! GO TINY MITES!
The Indians are fixing to play Hayesville. Lets hope the game is as good as the one with Lakeview..GO BIG BLUE!!!

Since: Aug 07

Newark, OH

#14 Sep 14, 2007
Can someone list the dates and game times for the home portion of the Indians schedule ? Thank you in advance.

Since: Sep 07

Hiawassee, GA

#15 Sep 14, 2007
John Deere wrote:
Can someone list the dates and game times for the home portion of the Indians schedule ? Thank you in advance.
HOME GAMES TCHS VARSITY--- GAME TIME 7:30
9/21 Our Lady of Mercy
10/05 Commerce
11/9 North Oconee
freshmen

United States

#16 Oct 5, 2007
Jordan: Thank you for the comment that was nice for not bashing my team. I am the starting freshmen defensive tackel and i agree that we have improved tremondously and i think it would be wonderful if we could win a game and before season is out hopefully we wil. The improvement has alot to do with the new head Coach Langford he has inspired us as in the team and community as well,and tought us to never hang our head sportsman-ship is everything. Good Luck in all games and thank you for the comment.
freshmen

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2007
Jordan: Thank you for not bashing my team. i do greatly agree with you on our team improvment. I am the freshmen starting defensive tackel. Coach Langford has made this a great experience for the team as well as the communtiy. He has tought us to never ever let our heads hang low, keep them high. He has been a great coach. Our day of victory will come and thank you for the good sportsmanship and good luck to your team as well.
big blue mom

Berea, KY

#18 Oct 6, 2007
Thanks Jimmy for bringing the youth football in all the fun last night they had a ball. Now they know whats it like to be on the field with alot of people watching. Also I would like to let the TCHS BAND know they sound great this year I think the band teacher really has brought them together so please could everyone say thanks to the BAND lets don't forget them. GOOD JOB BOYS keep your heads up you'll win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study: South Carolina drivers ranked third wors... Jan '17 SeaShells 2
News Nichols mayor: Matthew flooding has been 'humbl... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Radzavicz 1
News Police release sketch of Lake View murder suspect (May '16) May '16 A spook did it 1
News Mullins Son Faces Murder Charge After Mother St... (Apr '08) May '16 Seriously 23
Debate: Marijuana - Marion, SC (Mar '11) Feb '15 love 4
Amanda Pate (Nov '12) Jul '14 Steven 2
Pete monk is the hottest man alive and I want t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Lindsey mctubbybutt 1

Lake View Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake View Mortgages