Seeking Foreign Brides
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dave1467

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Nov 22, 2006
I saw this article in a blog. What do you think?"I have travelled widely to Europe and Asia and I want to share this well-known observation - American feminist women have a terrible reputation among men around the world. They are widely perceived as obese, selfish, spoiled, boorish and emotionally demanding. They are also considered rather overbearing and hysterical. It's well known amongst expat communities around the world that American feminist women are shunned by men outside of U.S.A.
On the contrary, decent and well-off American men are generally viewed as the "cream of the crop"- highly coveted and desirable.... These gentlemen enjoy a great reputation among foreign ladies who perceive them to be respectful, nurturing, responsible, well-educated and financially secure. In addition, these women believe that American men make great husbands, especially in contrast to native men, who are often disrespectful, abusive and unfaithful.
The problem in this country is that the "best in the world" are often paired up with the "worst in the world".... a complete mismatch. It's like a highschool Prom King dating an ugly, domineering and boorish girl. It's very unlikely this type of relationship will work out. Sadly, this seems to be the case, as the marriages "made in America" have a higher divorce rate (55 to 60 percent) than in the cross-cultural marriages (15 to 20 percent). So why is risk of divorce so much lower when an American gentleman marries a "mail-order bride"? In a nutshell, it's because our Prom King is marrying a Prom Queen, who is beautiful, intelligent, feminine, appreciative and devoted.
A growing number of affluent American men are rejecting American feminist women and going overseas to embrace loverly, young foreign brides. A nearly fourfold increase in foreign women entering the U.S. on fiance(e) visas (over the last 7 years) supports this contention. It's no secret that by pursuing foreign women, men can find much younger, more attractive and devoted partners than what's available at home.
Let me tell you about the relationship between my loverly Russian wife and myself. Despite our 21 year age difference, our relationship is based on mutual love and admiration.... our love is real and valid. Also, our bond is strengthened by our common interests, continual romance and mutual respect for each other. As with most Russian women, my wife is independent and has a strong will. Our relationship is a 50-50 equal partnership. There is no control and no domination.
My experience, as described above, is very typical of most marriages to "mail-order brides"- in contrast to many marriages "made in America", there are no bitchiness or nagging, no hysteria or drama and no belligerant or confrontational behaviors.... only mutual love and admiration.
Therefore...., when a decent and affluent American gentleman marries a young, loverly foreign bride, what's created is truely, a match made in heaven - the best matched with the best....
And IMBRA is really a scornful feminist response to growing international romance." http://www.online-dating-rights.com/blog/lest ...?
Highlander

Seattle, WA

#2 Nov 24, 2006
Dave,

While there certainly are American women who fit your description, there are many more more who do not.
In my travels, I have come to know many people.
One of the things I have discovered is that many men and women don't look deeply enough into the psyche of the person they come to marry. Only later do they discover the 'irreconcilable differences' which they were blinded to by their own refusal to employ the critical eye.

There are just as many overbearing men as women, and it doesn't matter what culture you address.
So, while you may perceive of American woman as you describe them, I would caution that you may well fall into that trap defined by the likes of Lorena Bobbitt.
Marutant

Seattle, WA

#3 Apr 10, 2007
Chuckle. It's obvious to anyone that has ever been anywhere the differences you so eloquently describe. I married a Japanese woman 3 years my junior, 10 years ago, and it still seems like only yesterday. We have two great kids. To me, it seems like foreign wives seem to understand far better than American women that family consists of us and not me. I couldn't be happier. Most Americans seem to think Asian wives are subservient. I have to laugh everytime I hear that. My wife and I met and decided to marry within a month. It took two years to jump all of the immigration hurdles. I continued to work all over Japan and South Korea, occasionally returning to Washington during that time. I also spent a year in Afghanistan and another 6 months in Iraq after we were married. The reason I mention that is because most of the "men" I work with wouldn't dream of leaving their wives or girlfriends for more than a week. Trust issues. All I can say to that is,"you married the wrong person." I would like to see a study on the divorce rate of liberals vs conservatives. It seems obvious to me that if you don't believe in anything you won't be able to stick to anything.

Since: Feb 07

USA

#4 Apr 10, 2007
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_op...

a couple of excerpt from this article:

"George Barna, a born-again Christian whose company is in Ventura, Calif., found that Massachusetts does indeed have the lowest divorce rate among all 50 states. More disturbing was the finding that born-again Christians have among the highest divorce rates."

"The Associated Press, using data supplied by the US Census Bureau, found that the highest divorce rates are to be found in the Bible Belt. "

Painting any group with a broad brush is a very close-minded thing to do.
Margaret

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Apr 10, 2007
I think the 21 year age difference,just shot your theory right out the window..just call me overbearing,and not trustful..
Highlander

Seattle, WA

#6 Apr 11, 2007
Bretta,

You might compare that divorce rate to the marriage rate.

You can't get divorced without first getting married ...
The Expat

Berlin, Germany

#7 Apr 24, 2007
Good stuff. As one who has lived in Europe for two years and is very happily married to a beautiful Russian woman, I will say 'Right On'. American women are considered a joke.
Louise Somewhere Ohio

United States

#8 May 11, 2007
To Dave's comment I chuckle! Being married to a foreigner myself what you say is not exactly correct. Some men do not treat the women well no matter the country. I am an American female, not all of us fit the description you shared. However, I find interesting that the same men "considered, intelligent, responsible no matter their culture do not treat the women in their own country with the same respect, love and admiration. There are naggy, bitchy women in Italy, Asia, Africa, Russia,Germany etc...just ask the men who say the same about wanting to marry American or other foreign women. They feel they same way about not marrying their own kind! Better yet ask the women of those same cultures what they thing about their men marrying foreginers.-- Hence invalidating your theory. Hopefully you choose to marry a person because you love them and that love is meant to be the glue that keeps you together, so stop blaming your desire to go outside of your own country to marry on the women in your own country.
Adrienne

Burnt Hills, NY

#9 Jun 18, 2007
Just came back from a trip overseas and I have to say ... They like American women over there. I met an Irish man (Dublin), Sicilian, and French Man. The Sicilian man and French man both paid me a 'compliment?'- "You are not like a man AT all!" Meaning their perception of American women is that we are 'masculine'.

The Irish man? Complimented me on being dressed well, lady, and APPRECIATING the compliment.

I'm all for International romance. I think I've found the perfect man - and he's coming over from Europe next month. Yes - it's one of them.

So go International Marriages! Yeah - if it can work for American men ... it can work for American women too. And on that note - for any American women wondering where you can meet these men? St. Tropez France.

If a European man is there and he's not working - he's the cream of the crop. I say go for it.

If you want an old fashioned guy, with strong sensibilities, romantic,warm, affectionate, will listen to you with an open heart, who wants a partner - if you WANT children, if you want to get married and stay married ... go for the Western European male. Especially if you are well educated and fairly affluent. The guys that flock to that spot? They're used to gold diggers who know who they are. I had no idea who my Irish man was and he finds that delightful!
amanda

Auburn Hills, MI

#10 Jul 18, 2007
Adrienne wrote:
Just came back from a trip overseas and I have to say ... They like American women over there. I met an Irish man (Dublin), Sicilian, and French Man. The Sicilian man and French man both paid me a 'compliment?'- "You are not like a man AT all!" Meaning their perception of American women is that we are 'masculine'.
The Irish man? Complimented me on being dressed well, lady, and APPRECIATING the compliment.
I'm all for International romance. I think I've found the perfect man - and he's coming over from Europe next month. Yes - it's one of them.
So go International Marriages! Yeah - if it can work for American men ... it can work for American women too. And on that note - for any American women wondering where you can meet these men? St. Tropez France.
If a European man is there and he's not working - he's the cream of the crop. I say go for it.
If you want an old fashioned guy, with strong sensibilities, romantic,warm, affectionate, will listen to you with an open heart, who wants a partner - if you WANT children, if you want to get married and stay married ... go for the Western European male. Especially if you are well educated and fairly affluent. The guys that flock to that spot? They're used to gold diggers who know who they are. I had no idea who my Irish man was and he finds that delightful!
what do you think of about a 23 yrs old differents in 2 parties? he is 28 and i am 51 we been talking on net for 2 yrs now he is from over seas and a very nice guy we get along so well and talk on phone and net all the time he is a muslim and so caring we both seem devoted to each other and he says my age dont bother him at all he sends me gifts as well as i do him i seen his family on cam and talk to his brother some times when i call for him when he is at his cafe but do u believe a love can be true with the age diffents in 2 people i love internation guys to expecually abaric ones he says he loves me so much and i love him but some times im scared cuz of our age diffeent what do u think i know they say age dont make a differents if 2 people are in love i know him in side and out and every thing about him amd his culture and well as he knows mine so do u beleieve it can happes and he says he never leave me
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#11 Nov 30, 2007
The Expat wrote:
Good stuff. As one who has lived in Europe for two years and is very happily married to a beautiful Russian woman, I will say 'Right On'. American women are considered a joke.
YOU are a joke. Why are you so prejudice? You can't judge someone solely based on nationality. So shut up.
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#12 Dec 1, 2007
Dave you're so ignorant and stupid! You make American women sound awful, when in fact there are MANY good American women who are not at all like you described. Most American men love their American women. Also you make foreign women seem like angels when in fact there are many BAD foreign women. Many foreign women are in fact obese, selfish, spoiled, boorish, emotionally demanding, overbearing and hysterical.

Also you say that American women are shun by men outside the U.S when in fact many foreign men LOVE American women. I've seen countless posts by foreign MEN seeking American WOMEN. Also I know many foreign men with American wives. The success rates between these marriages are very high. This is because foreign men know how to behave like gentlemen and know how to treat a woman, unlike American men.

You also say that well-off American men are "the cream of the crop" when in fact many foreign women do not feel that way. I've traveled extensively in Europe and Latin America and found out that many foreign women have negative perceptions of American men. They see American men as fat and stupid and treat women like crap. To them, American men are undesirable. American men have gained a bad reputation. They do NOT think that American men make better husbands. On the contrary, virtually all foreign women I've met preferred their own men over American men. So you're wrong.

You say the "best of this world" is paired with the "worst of this world." YOU ARE SO RETARDED! You talk as if all American women are the same, with the same personality, same physical appearance, same everything when in fact EVERY SINGLE American women is different! American women come from different backgrounds, race, cultures, ethnicity, and have unique personalities. Just like foreign women. Don't generalize. You cannot judge someone solely based on nationality. It is idiotic to do so.
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#13 Dec 1, 2007
You make it sound as if a marriage with any foreign woman is a match in heaven when in fact many divorces between foreign women and American men do occur. Many foreign women are bitchy, have bad personalities. manipulative, unfeminine, and just plain horrible. Many foreign women are ugly as well.
Also many foreign women who marry American men do so in order to obtain a green card and take the guy's money in the process. Foreign women know that this is an easy way to obtain U.S citizenship. They take advantage of desperate gullible American men. They get these gullible American men to send them large sums of money. It's a easy way for them to get quick cash and they know it. Once in the U.S, she will be inclined to take off and leave the American guy after obtaining the green card and spending all of his money away. I have heard many horrible stories of this happening.
Also, mail order bride sites are SCAMS. Only stupid naive American guys go to those sites. These agencies promise to help you but only offer you addresses to write these women and then charge you a fee to open their letters. These companies are scams and you're probably not even writing these women as some of these agencies steal other women photos and place them on their sites. No travel company can get these women visa's yet stupid American men keep sending money over.
Also you make it seem it is American women who call for a divorce when in fact many American MEN initiate the divorce. You compare divorce rate between American women and men to that between foreign women, but you fail to take into account all the various factors. There are many reasons why couples file for divorce, and it's not always the woman's part. Many file for diverse due to infidelity. Have it ever occur to you that maybe American women are not the problem, but American MEN like YOU are? Many American men cheat on their wives. Many American men abuse their wives. Many American men beat their wives (it's no surprise that Domestic violence is very high in this country). This causes many American women to file for divorce. In many of the cases, American MEN were in the wrong and the cause of the divorce. You talk as if American men are perfect when in fact they are not.
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#14 Dec 1, 2007
You also fail to recognize that there are MANY successful marriages between American men and American women. Most American men love their American women. It's only a very small minority of men who seek foreign women. It usually the ugly guys and rejects who go after foreign women since no one wants them. There are foreign women who are willing to marry these guys for the sake of getting out of their country and gaining U.S citizenship, even though the guys are very old, fat, balding, and ugly. Such foreign women, especially in third world countries, see marrying an American man as a ticket out of their poor country. However, once she gets to the U.S, she will steal the guy's money and then leave him. I say these guys get what they deserve. Good-looking American men, on the other hand, don't have to look overseas because he can get a beautiful American woman while the ugly, old perverts look for young foreign women to dominate.
It's really pathetic that a guy has to "order" his bride online. It means that that was something seriously wrong with him. A normal American guy has no problem marrying a girl from his own homeland. But the guys searching for foreign women are so freakin stupid. Most of them are very old and unattractive, so you can see why they have to search online for a bride. These are the guys who get conned by foreign women.
Also foreign women comprises of a large number of women in many different countries such as in Africa, Asia, Middle East, India, Caribbean, South America, and Mexico. There are so many different kinds of foreign women. The fact that you're never specific about the foreign women really shows your ignorance. You honestly think that ANY foreign woman is considered "prom queen" over ANY American woman? Give me a break! You are truly ignorant and stupid.
Nationality does NOT determine one's personality, or attractiveness for that matter. Get a grip.
It's Americans like you who makes the rest of us look bad. It's Americans like you who promote the worldwide stereotype that Americans are stupid. Get a life.
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#15 Dec 1, 2007
Dave you're so ignorant! You make American women sound awful, when in fact there are MANY good American women who are not at all like you described. Most American men love their American women. Also you make foreign women seem like angels when in fact there are many BAD foreign women. Many foreign women are in fact obese, selfish, spoiled, boorish, emotionally demanding, overbearing and hysterical.

Also you say that American women are shun by men outside the U.S when in fact many foreign men LOVE American women. I've seen countless posts by foreign MEN seeking American WOMEN. Also I know many foreign men with American wives. The success rates between these marriages are very high. This is because foreign men know how to behave like gentlemen and know how to treat a woman, unlike American men.

You also say that well-off American men are "the cream of the crop" when in fact many foreign women do not feel that way. I've traveled extensively in Europe and Latin America and found out that many foreign women have negative perceptions of American men. They see American men as fat and stupid and treat women like crap. To them, American men are undesirable. American men have gained a bad reputation. They do NOT think that American men make better husbands. On the contrary, virtually all foreign women I've met preferred their own men over American men. So you're wrong.

You say the "best of this world" is paired with the "worst of this world." YOU ARE SO RETARDED! You talk as if all American women are the same, with the same personality, same physical appearance, same everything when in fact EVERY SINGLE American women is different! American women come from different backgrounds, race, cultures, ethnicity, and have unique personalities. Just like foreign women. Don't generalize. You cannot judge someone solely based on nationality. It is idiotic to do so.
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#16 Dec 1, 2007
You make it sound as if a marriage with any foreign woman is a match in heaven when in fact many divorces between foreign women and American men do occur. Many foreign women are bitchy, have bad personalities. manipulative, unfeminine, and just plain horrible. Many foreign women are ugly as well.

Also many foreign women who marry American men do so in order to obtain a green card and take the guy's money in the process. Foreign women know that this is an easy way to obtain U.S citizenship. They take advantage of desperate gullible American men. They get these gullible American men to send them large sums of money. It's a easy way for them to get quick cash and they know it. Once in the U.S, she will be inclined to take off and leave the American guy after obtaining the green card and spending all of his money away. I have heard many horrible stories of this happening.

Also, mail order bride sites are SCAMS. Only stupid naive American guys go to those sites. These agencies promise to help you but only offer you addresses to write these women and then charge you a fee to open their letters. These companies are scams and you're probably not even writing these women as some of these agencies steal other women photos and place them on their sites. No travel company can get these women visa's yet stupid American men keep sending money over.

Also you make it seem it is American women who call for a divorce when in fact many American MEN initiate the divorce. You compare divorce rate between American women and men to that between foreign women, but you fail to take into account all the various factors. There are many reasons why couples file for divorce, and it's not always the woman's part. Many file for diverse due to infidelity. Have it ever occur to you that maybe American women are not the problem, but American MEN like YOU are? Many American men cheat on their wives. Many American men abuse their wives. Many American men beat their wives (it's no surprise that Domestic violence is very high in this country). This causes many American women to file for divorce. In many of the cases, American MEN were in the wrong and the cause of the divorce. You talk as if American men are perfect when in fact they are not.
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#17 Dec 1, 2007
Dave You also fail to recognize that there are MANY successful marriages between American men and American women. Most American men love their American women. It's only a very small minority of men who seek foreign women. It usually the ugly guys and rejects who go after foreign women since no one wants them. There are foreign women who are willing to marry these guys for the sake of getting out of their country and gaining U.S citizenship, even though the guys are very old, fat, balding, and ugly. Such foreign women, especially in third world countries, see marrying an American man as a ticket out of their poor country. However, once she gets to the U.S, she will steal the guy's money and then leave him. I say these guys get what they deserve. Good-looking American men, on the other hand, don't have to look overseas because he can get a beautiful American woman while the ugly, old perverts look for young foreign women to dominate.

It's really pathetic that a guy has to "order" his bride online. It means that that was something seriously wrong with him. A normal American guy has no problem marrying a girl from his own homeland. But the guys searching for foreign women are so freakin stupid. Most of them are very old and unattractive, so you can see why they have to search online for a bride. These are the guys who get conned by foreign women.

Also foreign women comprises of a large number of women in many different countries such as in Africa, Asia, Middle East, India, Caribbean, South America, and Mexico. There are so many different kinds of foreign women. The fact that you're never specific about the foreign women really shows your ignorance. You honestly think that ANY foreign woman is considered "prom queen" over ANY American woman? Give me a break! You are truly ignorant and stupid.

Nationality does NOT determine one's personality, or attractiveness for that matter. Get a grip.

It's Americans like you who makes the rest of us look bad. It's Americans like you who promote the worldwide stereotype that Americans are stupid. Get a life.
Ray

Highland Park, IL

#18 Dec 1, 2007
Dave you're so ignorant! You make American women sound awful, when in fact there are MANY good American women who are not at all like you described. Most American men love their American women. Also you make foreign women seem like angels when in fact there are many BAD foreign women. Many foreign women are in fact obese, selfish, spoiled, boorish, emotionally demanding, overbearing and hysterical.

mick

United States

#19 Dec 29, 2007
`ray` is a bitter white american chick!! she is hysterical!
Curt

Branson, MO

#20 Dec 31, 2007
Ray is jealous or his bitchy American wife told him to write that! I am all for the foreign women thing. I am married to a thin, sexy, submissive American woman who does appreciate things but she is an exception. I see my friends wives who tell them how it is and it makes me sick. I love my wife and she allows me to cherish her but if something should ever happen to her, I would look into the foreign bride thing. Oh, haters; I have been married for 19yrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Stevens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lead found in Tacoma pipes: Has Flint spurred n... Apr '16 Elise Gingerich 1
celebrate recovery (Jan '12) Apr '16 ChurchSalt 34
News Stripper found guilty of violating exotic dance... (May '06) Mar '16 Kat 2
News Hillary campaigns in Everett: Presidential cand... Mar '16 NAFTAclinton 1
local service companies Mar '16 Paul Franks 2
Casa Blanca Apartments -Everett -Fraud Military... (Oct '15) Feb '16 Everett123 4
News Great Wheel is their office: Everett couple man... Feb '16 KERI ANN 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Stevens Mortgages