Kerry

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

I live in Prospect Village. The city came and plowed the streets on Wednesday afternoon our driveways had already been cleared and when they cleared the streets they dropped piles of snow at the end of our driveways so high you cannot hardly drive over them if you have a small car you cannot drive over it. One person had to call a truck to get her out because she was stuck in the snow, I watched one person try to get out and it took him 45 mins. I am new to Lake St Louis and have to say I have never lived anywhere that has done this before. When I call to complain I was informed they push snow off of the right side. My question is dont they all work the same if so why havent I had this problem before.? Maybe its called laziness and Lake St Louis just wants to get the job done and dont care about the problems they make for people. Some communities take pride in the jobs they do even if its snow removal. The snow is so solid you cannot shovel it what are we to do. To the person that removes our snow PLEASE be a little considerate instead of just thinking about getting the job done and
picking up your pay check. Have some pride in what you do.
Thanks for listening.
From an unhappy resident
Darwin

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Kerry, I've lived in many communities that plow their streets will less effectiveness than Lake Saint Louis. They only have the responsibility to plow the streets, The property owner/ HOA is responsible for the driveways and egress to the streets. Contact your maintenance crews or write the contract more specifically next time.
In teh other areas I've lived, the city has buried the end of the driveway if I've shoveled it before they get there. I really am not sure how they could do anything different.

Another option, shovel it yourself. If this isn't possible, or desired, maybe a neighborhood kid would like to help you for a few dollars extra cash.
Kerry

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Thanks for your response. I have also lived in about 10 other communities and like I said before its never happened anywhere else, I am not saying they didnt do a good job on the streets they did. I dont have a problem clearing my driveway myself but there was so much and it was frozen solid I couldnt even move it with a metal shovel. Infact I pay subdivision fees that cover clearing my driveway and the last 2 snows I cleared it myself.
Beagle

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

In almost all cases, plows push the snow to the outside, which means it will pile up along the curb or any opening (like a driveway). I've lived all over the midwest, and this seems to be an issue anytime there is a major snowfall, no matter where I've lived. Unless you actually have the snow removed (using a scoop instead of a plow), I'm not sure where else you can put it, since it has to go somewhere. We always have to go back and dig out the piles left after the plows come through. That is just one of the problems you have to deal with after it snows, if you want the streets to be cleared. I'm sure if there was a cost effective option that would not create this scenario, the city would be glad to hear about it.
HeyNow

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Kerry,

What do you expect the city to do?
Neuman

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

HeyNow wrote:
Kerry,
What do you expect the city to do?
Kerry wants the driver to get out and shovel the driveway.
LSL Worker

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Kerry needs to stop crying and get a hobby.
Happy

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Hey Kerry What is your address? I think the city crew does a great job. I have noticed on the small side of the lake it is a little worse, the big side of the lake is always perfect. Let everyone know your address so they can make sure they completley close in your driveway.
Kerry wrote:
I live in Prospect Village. The city came and plowed the streets on Wednesday afternoon our driveways had already been cleared and when they cleared the streets they dropped piles of snow at the end of our driveways so high you cannot hardly drive over them if you have a small car you cannot drive over it. One person had to call a truck to get her out because she was stuck in the snow, I watched one person try to get out and it took him 45 mins. I am new to Lake St Louis and have to say I have never lived anywhere that has done this before. When I call to complain I was informed they push snow off of the right side. My question is dont they all work the same if so why havent I had this problem before.? Maybe its called laziness and Lake St Louis just wants to get the job done and dont care about the problems they make for people. Some communities take pride in the jobs they do even if its snow removal. The snow is so solid you cannot shovel it what are we to do. To the person that removes our snow PLEASE be a little considerate instead of just thinking about getting the job done and
picking up your pay check. Have some pride in what you do.
Thanks for listening.
From an unhappy resident
Concerned

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Kerry you should live where they don't even plow or they bury your car that was parked on the street that has been designated as a snow route. Stop being so picky about what the city does. They came by my house last year in the deep snow and rolled over my lawn. Two days later, after I called the city about the plow tearing up my yard they fixed the grass and turf. You gotta love it.
You have more to worry about than the snow plows. Look at the church across the street with the boarded up windows and cars broken down on the lot. The city does need to address that situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake St. Louis Discussions

Search the Lake St. Louis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,410
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 9 hr CLUE 6,909
underage drinking at Crazy Horse Saloon (Jul '11) 17 hr American drunken idiots 54
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 20 hr chico 10,206
Who do you support for Sheriff 22 hr Concerned 1
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 22 hr Canopy 267
Prop LiFe Mon Supporter 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE