Old Man Football

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

What's really upsetting is that he went to BWW to get wings! That place is terrible!
Embarrassed

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Check out the "Eli Cobb" story, on Oct. 14 "Oh Geez" posted a comment stating that he's "an unnamed reporter". Interesting, I wonder if his initials are LM?
Oh geez

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

That's not me- wrong oh geez.
to oh geez

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

I can't believe how quiet this story got about misbehaving alderman Rick Stokes; you might want to say almost a hush. And as soon as this story got quiet so did LM in his blog about our Mayor. Makes me wonder what kind of deal was made in this circle of politics that we have to live in now in Wentzville. Someone ststed corruption at its best and this is now becoming very clear there is a big coverup. Would anyone like to share with me what is happening?
Embarrassed

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

to oh geez wrote:
I can't believe how quiet this story got about misbehaving alderman Rick Stokes; you might want to say almost a hush. And as soon as this story got quiet so did LM in his blog about our Mayor. Makes me wonder what kind of deal was made in this circle of politics that we have to live in now in Wentzville. Someone ststed corruption at its best and this is now becoming very clear there is a big coverup. Would anyone like to share with me what is happening?
I agree! It's ironic also that Stokes and the rest of the Board suddenly did an about face and voted FOR the mayor's recommendation of Luby to fill the vacancy on the Board. Stokes and the other aldermen had voted against the mayor's recommendation several times and were adamant that the mayor didn't have the authority to appoint someone to fill that vacancy. But that miraculously changed and their "change of heart" occurred as all of this "BWW/Stokes" controversy got quiet.

I think it would be interesting to know how much the Board has spent on "buying out" contracts on employees they've terminated, the fees to Head Hunters plus expenses flying job candidates in from all over the US and their expenses while they're here to interview. I believe there have been two separate attempts to fill the City Administrator position with nobody accepting the position. So now they're paying "interim employees" because they can't find anyone willing to accept employment in the positions the Board voted to terminate! Time to involve Elliott Davis of "You Paid For It" fame!!!
Embarrassed

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Embarrassed wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! It's ironic also that Stokes and the rest of the Board suddenly did an about face and voted FOR the mayor's recommendation of Luby to fill the vacancy on the Board. Stokes and the other aldermen had voted against the mayor's recommendation several times and were adamant that the mayor didn't have the authority to appoint someone to fill that vacancy. But that miraculously changed and their "change of heart" occurred as all of this "BWW/Stokes" controversy got quiet.
I think it would be interesting to know how much the Board has spent on "buying out" contracts on employees they've terminated, the fees to Head Hunters plus expenses flying job candidates in from all over the US and their expenses while they're here to interview. I believe there have been two separate attempts to fill the City Administrator position with nobody accepting the position. So now they're paying "interim employees" because they can't find anyone willing to accept employment in the positions the Board voted to terminate! Time to involve Elliott Davis of "You Paid For It" fame!!!
If anyone is interested in getting the information on what this Board headed by Rick Stokes has cost the taxpayers it's public information. Call Wentzville City Hall and request information from City Clerk, Vitula Skillman.
to embarrassed

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Embarrassed wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone is interested in getting the information on what this Board headed by Rick Stokes has cost the taxpayers it's public information. Call Wentzville City Hall and request information from City Clerk, Vitula Skillman.
I am embarrassed to be a citizen of Wentzville with the corruption we are now seeing in our aldermen. The only way to relieve us from this corruption is to bring new faces to the board. I will do my part to replace these thugs we currently have but the question is, Will you?
me too

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

I will do my part as well as you.
Embarrassed

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Check out the story in the Wentzville Patch, Nov 13, "Police Report Involving Alderman Costs City $1K". The cover up is starting to be uncovered, and it's not going to be flattering to our so called "city leaders".
to embarrassed

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

I read the article and I hope the Patch keeps probing because I believe they have only scratched the surface. Everyone is aware that if the Aldermen don't get their way, they will fire the person who gets in their way.
Read the article and tell me if you think something smells fishy?
http://wentzville.patch.com/articles/police-r...
Embarrassed

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

There's no doubt in my mind that there's a much bigger story to be uncovered. It's very obvious that this Board is misusing their power over City employees, especially contracted employees. Maybe that's why they're in the process of creating more contract positions under the guise of "saving tax dollars". The fact is that in the long run it will cost the taxpayers more.
Embarrassed

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

There are approximately 7 contract employees currently employed by the city and they're all in the top management positions. The Board can terminate their contracts at will, which has happened approximately 5 times in the previous 30 months, and the taxpayers have paid the remaining balance of at least 3 of those contracts! The threat of immediate termination makes for very compliant employees and that gives way too much power to this group of unethical idiots. Lisa Harrison (chief of police) is a contract employee...and it shows by her "compliance"! I wonder how long it will be before there's a lawsuit filed?!!
suddenly winter

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I recently had to purchase a police report in Wentzville and it only cost me $5. Wonder why the difference in charges when it involves a political leader. Hmmm....
wondering

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

I came across this forum and had to ask myself why would anyone re-elect Rick Stokes
Time Will Tell

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

I think Stokes counts on the Wentzville voters being apathetic and disconnected. The old "re-elect the incumbent" attitude because it's too annoying to get involved in the slimy small town political world! Look at how few people voted in previous elections.

The Wentzville taxpayers have a huge wake up call coming in the future due to this Board's actions and in some cases inactions! Wentzville is swiftly becoming a training ground for inexperienced employees, they'll stay for a year or so to get some experience then move onto better paying and better run city governments! Stokes has openly said that he feels any employee staying longer than three years is not a good employee...and the moron made that comment to several long term employees. I wonder why so many loyal employees have left and continue to leave?!!
missing info

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

why does this blog have 2 missing messages? obviously the struck a nerve. whomever posted those 2 comments should re post.
to Rck Stokes

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Time Will Tell wrote:
I think Stokes counts on the Wentzville voters being apathetic and disconnected. The old "re-elect the incumbent" attitude because it's too annoying to get involved in the slimy small town political world! Look at how few people voted in previous elections.
The Wentzville taxpayers have a huge wake up call coming in the future due to this Board's actions and in some cases inactions! Wentzville is swiftly becoming a training ground for inexperienced employees, they'll stay for a year or so to get some experience then move onto better paying and better run city governments! Stokes has openly said that he feels any employee staying longer than three years is not a good employee...and the moron made that comment to several long term employees. I wonder why so many loyal employees have left and continue to leave?!!
If you believe no employee should work more than 3 years, then your time is up. We have had to deal with your pompise attitude and bad behavior longer than any city should have to. TIME FOR RICK STOKES TO GO PLAY WITH THE HBA FULL TIME. PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS.
Ironic

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

to Rck Stokes wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe no employee should work more than 3 years, then your time is up. We have had to deal with your pompise attitude and bad behavior longer than any city should have to. TIME FOR RICK STOKES TO GO PLAY WITH THE HBA FULL TIME. PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS.
Absolutely! Stokes has left a very negative imprint on the City during his tenure, and he shows no signs of changing!
joe

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Ironic wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely! Stokes has left a very negative imprint on the City during his tenure, and he shows no signs of changing!
I agree he must go! He is an embarrassment to the City of Wentzville.
Time Will Tell

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Hopefully Wentzville voters are paying attention and will vote him out of office!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of94
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake St. Louis Discussions

Search the Lake St. Louis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 27 min Obama Bitches 95,397
underage drinking at Crazy Horse Saloon (Jul '11) 3 hr American drunken idiots 54
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 6 hr chico 10,206
Who do you support for Sheriff 7 hr Concerned 1
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 7 hr Canopy 267
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 8 hr Macrsim 6,908
Prop LiFe Mon Supporter 9
•••

Flood Warning for St Charles County was issued at July 23 at 11:36AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis Jobs

•••