Police Report Involving Alderman Costs City $1K

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

A request by Wentzville Patch for a police report on a peace disturbance involving Wentzville Alderman Rick Stokes may have cost the city nearly $1,000 in attorney's fees, according to city officials.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Dec 5, 2012
unbelievable

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Tell me this isn't true? Total disappointment.
realistic

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

It's true and there's a lot bigger more unnerving story that hasn't been exposed yet. Unfortunately Stokes and other Board members aren't above threatening and harrassing city employees to keep this quiet. However, the chief of police isn't a victim, she like Stokes is one of the victimizers! She's made threats within the police department as to what will happen to anyone who talks to the public or reporters!! She's suppose to protect and defend but the only thing she's protecting and defending is her job!
No name

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Video ever coming to light? I have a feeling this was really not a big deal and a few people blew up like its the scandal of the century- hence costing the city 1000.00.
realistic

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

I didn't mention a video and neither did "unbelievable".
Obviously the chief thought it was a big deal or she wouldn't have been involved and then involved the city attorney. It's ironic that the city attorney was brought into this since this wasn't city business. This was Stokes and a Wentzville resident having a problem in Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot, and Stokes wasn't even charged. So why involve the city attorney?
Embarrassed

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Inappropriate/illegal use of taxpayers dollars.
No name

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

There's been talk of video evidence over and over. Reality is probably that something minor took place, someone saw if was a alderman, decided to make a big deal and the city was forced to waste tax dollars because a few wanted it to be blown way out of proportion.

Y'all planning on running for office or just going to keep complaining about those who do?
Embarrassed

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

"Reality" is that the city is paying legal fees for a personal problem that the President of the Board of Alderman had on his own time.

You have no idea what I contribute to the citizens of Wentzville, your assumptions are ridiculous.
No name

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

If it were a personal issue, then why did you all go nuts and demand to know the details?? You should have kept quiet and let the people involved handle their personal issue.

You're right, so please enlighten us all on all of your amazing contributions to Wentzville.

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

I wish he had washed his hands like they teach in kindergarten.
to Guest

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Maybe he didn't go to school or at least not kindegarten!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake St. Louis Discussions

Search the Lake St. Louis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 52 min Muslim in the White House 95,852
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr pmcdermottrhodes 10,208
everyone's opinion count (Jul '13) Thu justsoyouknow 119
C&P renovations Jul 30 Townie 2
This is not the Ghetto! (Nov '11) Jul 28 st charles 5
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Lake St. Louis, MO (Apr '12) Jul 27 mouse 10
Drug houses in st charles Jul 27 st charles 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000