Speak Up, St. Charles: Should More Re...

Speak Up, St. Charles: Should More Restaurants in St. Charles County Go Smoke Free?

There are 24 comments on the Patch.com story from Mar 10, 2013, titled Speak Up, St. Charles: Should More Restaurants in St. Charles County Go Smoke Free?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

When Grappa Grill partner Jack Borgmeyer announced that the restaurant will go smoke free on March 15, the community responded-and most people seemed to feel that it was a great idea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robert Brandt

United States

#1 Mar 10, 2013
All restaurants and bars should be smoke free. If the establishment wishes to provide outside smoking areas they should take up donations from smokers to build these areas.
Rose

O Fallon, MO

#3 Mar 10, 2013
I think they all should be smoke free, if they have tables outdoor that would be good. California has been smoke free for years and it is so nice to be able to go in a restaurant and not be bombarded with the smoke..it makes your dining so much better.
Drew

Overland Park, KS

#4 Mar 10, 2013
If a bar or restaurant allows smoking and you don't want to be bombarded with the smoke, then just don't go there. That's what I do and it works every time.
Pale Dago

O Fallon, MO

#5 Mar 10, 2013
Drew wrote:
If a bar or restaurant allows smoking and you don't want to be bombarded with the smoke, then just don't go there. That's what I do and it works every time.
Damn you and your common sense.
Oh good lord

Antioch, TN

#7 Mar 10, 2013
Owners choice- they know their patrons.
UP IN SMOKE

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Mar 10, 2013
Oh good lord wrote:
Owners choice- they know their patrons.
wrong, we need to rid the world of puffers, using every possible methods like hoofs in the crotch.
Oh good lord

Antioch, TN

#9 Mar 10, 2013
UP IN SMOKE wrote:
<quoted text> wrong, we need to rid the world of puffers, using every possible methods like hoofs in the crotch.
Why? Because you say so? I'm sorry, I thought I lived I. The USA where smoking was still legal. If I as a business owner any decide who to market as patrons- smokers or no smokers, than why have a business? Might as well just let the government own and run all businesses.

If I welcome smokers and you don't like it- don't come splend your money here! Vice versa!!

Stop letting the government control your life, let the customer decide!!
Cancer 4 Dummies

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Mar 11, 2013
Jerry is a mommas toy wrote:
68% of voters say smoking in restaurants is fine with yhem.
Hagerstown bee ess
UP IN SMOKE

Winnipeg, Canada

#13 Mar 11, 2013
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... They named your city after your mom. The legendary door knob. How cool is that!!!
His mom lives in a cave. Just outside of Hagerstown. He's the village idiot.
Ken

Georgetown, TX

#14 Mar 13, 2013
should be up to the owners and the patrons. If certain ones do not care for the atmosphere as far as smoking, they are not by any means forced to enter the place. That is their freedom of choice as is the owner of the business.
I do not smoke myself, but I do respect the other people if they do or do not like it.
It is time to have the government to disreguard the peoples choice , and concentrate on more important things. There are always peope that want to make decisions just to try and make some kind of name for themselves to reallyfeel important so their names might be printed in the paper. They do not have enough sense to concentrate on the things that really count.
roffle

Winnipeg, Canada

#15 Mar 14, 2013
Ken wrote:
should be up to the owners and the patrons. If certain ones do not care for the atmosphere as far as smoking, they are not by any means forced to enter the place. That is their freedom of choice as is the owner of the business.
I do not smoke myself, but I do respect the other people if they do or do not like it.
It is time to have the government to disreguard the peoples choice , and concentrate on more important things. There are always peope that want to make decisions just to try and make some kind of name for themselves to reallyfeel important so their names might be printed in the paper. They do not have enough sense to concentrate on the things that really count.
STFU
UP IN SMOKE

Frederick, MD

#16 Mar 14, 2013
My tail needs ANTI-MONKEY BUTT POWDER by the keg full.
Cancer Roulette

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Mar 15, 2013
UP IN SMOKE wrote:
My tail needs ANTI-MONKEY BUTT POWDER by the keg full.
Is it because of what your man wife does when he's drunk and horny?
Cancer Roulette

Frederick, MD

#18 Mar 15, 2013
I was allowed out of my room before I picked my nose apart.
Gardasil Maims Kills

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 Mar 18, 2013
Cancer Roulette wrote:
I was allowed out of my room before I picked my nose apart.
Fagerstown is at it again. Go stalk Elton John.
Amazed Reader

Yates Center, KS

#20 Apr 12, 2013
I am AMAZED at how this issue & all the others DRINKING - DRUGS - SEX - DRIVEING - HUNTING - FISHING - and just plain old living became every body 's business . Why don't every one mind there own business and affairs and quite trying to conform ALL to your world unless it involves YOUR SAFETY .AMERICA must just be bored and can't handle LIFE LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT of HAPPINESS like it should be .Next time you don't like what 's around YOUR SPACE then LEAVE or MOVE or GO HOME & CRY to YOURSELF in the MIRROR .
DUH MOMENT

Winnipeg, Canada

#21 Apr 12, 2013
Amazed Reader wrote:
I am AMAZED at how this issue & all the others DRINKING - DRUGS - SEX - DRIVEING - HUNTING - FISHING - and just plain old living became every body 's business . Why don't every one mind there own business and affairs and quite trying to conform ALL to your world unless it involves YOUR SAFETY .AMERICA must just be bored and can't handle LIFE LIBERTY & THE PURSUIT of HAPPINESS like it should be .Next time you don't like what 's around YOUR SPACE then LEAVE or MOVE or GO HOME & CRY to YOURSELF in the MIRROR .
Mind your own business
Whatever

Warrenton, MO

#22 Jun 1, 2013
aaaaaand then there are other concerns for people, like those ALLERGIC to smoke, or children and adults who have ASTHMA or other breathing problems. It isn't always a problem with just dealing with the smoke, since there are some of us who literally can't deal with it. Kind of unfair that someone can't go somewhere because they could have a serious reaction to the smoke, when a smoker can still step outside.
X Smoker

Saint Charles, MO

#24 Jun 11, 2013
I just love how this very very important issue gets so much attention lately .All the drunken , drug attic , sexually perverted people worrying about second hand smoke in there lives .IT'S JUST AMAZEING HOW PEOPLE ARE !
Next

Frederick, MD

#25 Jun 12, 2013
aaaaaand then there are no allergens in tobacco smoke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warning-3 brothers roofing Dec 3 Above the law 1
Beware of Mark and Pam Hupp in O'Fallon, MO (Dec '14) Dec 1 Sunshine0609 191
Ofallon people can't dance (Jan '15) Nov 28 Moron Finder 7
News Trains' horns leave Wentzville man steamed (Oct '06) Nov 27 The Obvious Truth 29
Demonic Father sticks figers down 6week old bab... Nov 15 Equalizer 5
News "Horrific": Prosecutor's descriptiona Read Stor... Nov 15 Equalizer 1
Flooding yards in lake St. Louis is ok Nov '16 Napoleon Dynamite 2

Lake St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake St. Louis Mortgages