Breaking News: Three Alarm Fire Reported At GM Plant

Full story: Fox2Now

Fire crews are responding to a three alarm fire at the General Motors plant in Wentzville, Mo.
Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Apr 6, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ponder this Honder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Honder is a retard. I am a UAW worker and my wages and benefits are actually lower than those of Toyota. You must get your facts from FOX News?
Honder Accordingly

Moscow Mills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 25, 2010
 
Ok- so I am retarded. You, however are a liar, or worse, ignorant.

In Early 2009 a report was released showing GM paid an average of 29.78 per hour. Toyota paid 30.00 per hour. However, the total hourly cost to GM, including wages and all benefits was closer to $69.00 per hour. Toyota had an hourly cost of just $48.

Now, if you care to dispute that, maybe I am wrong with the numbers I found, you are free to supply your own information.

Short of new information from you, I guess it shows you have been proven wrong by a retard.

:)
Let them eat cake

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Honder Accordingly wrote:
Ok- so I am retarded.
At least we agree on something!
Honder Accordingly wrote:
In Early 2009 a report was released showing GM paid an average of 29.78 per hour. However, the total hourly cost to GM, including wages and all benefits was closer to $69.00 per hour.
All numbers that GM's M-A-N-A-G-M-E-N-T agreed on. If you worked for a company wouldn't you try to get paid as much as possible? If you asked your boss for a raise, and he agreed to the terms, don't you think he could afford it? You would assume he at least crunched the numbers first.
Honder Accordingly

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Let Them Eat Cake: What is that last post about?

It shows you can quote people, but now try to make some sense when you post.

Yes- obviously everyone wants to get paid more. However, that quoted post was to refute the claim that Toyota paid higher per hour than US automakers.

So, again, Thanks for proving your stupidity.
Alrighty then

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 25, 2010
 
Honder Accordingly wrote:
Let Them Eat Cake: What is that last post about?
It shows you can quote people, but now try to make some sense when you post.
Yes- obviously everyone wants to get paid more. However, that quoted post was to refute the claim that Toyota paid higher per hour than US automakers.
So, again, Thanks for proving your stupidity.


So if GM paid just under $30.00 and hour and Toyota paid their workers right at $30.00 $$$ dollars an hour why the huge difference? Does Toyota not giver their employees Health care? Layoff insurance? Death and Disability etc.? What make the two companies so far apart on wages?
Honder Accordingly

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

The benefits paid by GM add to the extra amounts. Some of the cost is health insurance. The largest amount goes to the retirement funds for former workers of GM. Toyota has far fewer retirees since they have been manufacturing in the US for a shorter time.

But with those retirees removed, GM still spends more per hourly wage than Toyota.
Let them eat cake

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Honder Accordingly wrote:
Let Them Eat Cake: What is that last post about?
It shows you can quote people, but now try to make some sense when you post.
Yes- obviously everyone wants to get paid more. However, that quoted post was to refute the claim that Toyota paid higher per hour than US automakers.
So, again, Thanks for proving your stupidity.
I'll break it down for ya, Dooshbahg.

Management agreed to pay these salaries and benefits and they later figured out they couldn't afford them. That's NOT the employees fault.

Clear enough for ya? Or kind you find another way to avoid the point?
Alrighty Then

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 25, 2010
 
Honder Accordingly wrote:
The benefits paid by GM add to the extra amounts. Some of the cost is health insurance. The largest amount goes to the retirement funds for former workers of GM. Toyota has far fewer retirees since they have been manufacturing in the US for a shorter time.
But with those retirees removed, GM still spends more per hourly wage than Toyota.
That may have been true in the past but with Toyotas current situation their labor costs are going to skyrocket. There are more than 6 million vehicles on the recall and toyota will need all the mechanics they find when they get a solution.
itoldyouso

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

There was a report on the CBS evening news about former NHTSA employees watering down requests for information
from Toyota about defects. That may explain some of the problems in the US but does not address the companies global issues. Unless of course other regulatory entities in other countries did the same thing. That smells of payoff and bribary.
flomo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 25, 2010
 
Ponder this Honder wrote:
Does it not occur to you that the profits from Canada and Mexico are coming back into the U.S Economy because GM, Ford, and Chrysler are American companies? And that every time you buy a foreign auto the profits go right back overseas? Or did you not get your recalled Honda into the dealer before the airback went off...speaking of thick-skulls I hope you have one. he
Sure the profits come back here but the average employee sees none of it. Upper management gets it with "performance bonuses" and other bull shit. When manufacturers assemble their product here, your neighbors benefit. And so does your community. They spend their money on products and services where they live. So yeah, maybe the profits come back here, but in the long run it doesn't benefit us, it only hurts us.
Ponder this Honder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Mar 14, 2010
 
Honder Accordingly wrote:
Ok- so I am retarded. You, however are a liar, or worse, ignorant.
In Early 2009 a report was released showing GM paid an average of 29.78 per hour. Toyota paid 30.00 per hour. However, the total hourly cost to GM, including wages and all benefits was closer to $69.00 per hour. Toyota had an hourly cost of just $48.
Now, if you care to dispute that, maybe I am wrong with the numbers I found, you are free to supply your own information.
Short of new information from you, I guess it shows you have been proven wrong by a retard.
Just read your comment and it really shows your ignorance and how nieve you are to believe what you hear on your Republican garbage channel. You got those numbers from Senators who run states which all have foreign auto plants that were subsidized and paid for buy U.S. dollars. The numbers from the benefits came from buy adding all the U.S. retirees and the current workers wages and benefits and deviding them by the number of current workers to give you a more Rebublican favored rediculously inflated Wage! Which would then obviously make it look like I made more than Toyota workers. These are the Facts pal. Toyota simply doesn't have the large number of retirees in the U.S. yet because they have not been in the country long enough yet. But like you stated they make $30/hr. and how could a Republican argue those numbers? I'm curious what do you have NOW?
:)
Honder Accordingly

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Mar 15, 2010
 
Hey Ponder. Check your last post. I clearly stated that the higher cost per hour to GM was due to retirement. Thanks for pointing out the formula for the calculations, but it was obvious.

It seems you are arguing that you agree with my numbers and information that TOyota pays a higher wage, but has a lower total cost per hour. I also clearly stated that the wages were $28 per hour for GM and $30 per hour for Toyota.

So, if that makes you think you make more than a Toyota worker, than you need to go back to 1st grade math. Because to all us adults, we know that 28 is less than 30.

As for my Republican station I get the info from. Well- a web site is neither Repub or Dem. So wrong on your part to assume. But for the fun of a debate, let's say I did get my figures of $28 per hour and $30 per hour from a Republican Station. Since you got the same numbers, we can only assume one of 3 things.

1. We are both off in our numbers.

2. We are both right in our figures.

3. You must listen to the Republican Station you accuse me of watching.

:)
Honder Accordingly

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Mar 15, 2010
 
Oops- my mistake! the numbers in the above post should reference GM paying $29 per hour.
Ponder this Honder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Mar 15, 2010
 
Honder Accordingly wrote:
Oops- my mistake! the numbers in the above post should reference GM paying $29 per hour.
You should figure out what your argument is and get back with us. First you made a statement how American workers are over paid and how foreign companies pay less and make their cars right here in the U.S. while saying Toyota makes more money per hour ...yada yada. I was a "liar" when stating I make less than Toyota workers but you point out how obvious it is that $28 is less than $30?
Ponder this Honder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Mar 15, 2010
 
By the way GM is NOT paying $29 per hour either! They pay $28.71 to be exact!
Honder Accordingly

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Mar 15, 2010
 
Well Ponder ... I do know my argument. It is that wages, benefits combined, GM pays more than Toyota.

You dispute that, even though you only state SALARY. Try to add in the cost of the benefits, genius. I've given you the numbers I've found- they show GM pays more. You only claim it isn't true.

Try to figure it out. Then maybe you can begin studying second grade math. Read what was said and not what you are distorting it to mean- typical boneheaded Union dumbass thing to do.

Ignore reality and only deal with what you want the world to be.

I truly hope you are a GM worker. That you lose your job to a Toyota worker, adn that you lose your home to the banks. A dumb-ass like you is destined to just such a life.

I'll wave to you and give you a buck or 2 when I see you begging on the corner for your meals.
Ponder this Honder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Mar 30, 2010
 
Maybe I should give u a buck or two since I make so much....just another jealous bumb!
Honder Accordingly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Apr 6, 2010
 
Gee Ponder- that seemed about the lamest come-back I've seen from you. Hope you feel better soon, as you must be sick to be so lame!
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lake St. Louis Discussions

Search the Lake St. Louis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr guest 95,499
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 5 hr vote to vote 10,207
O'Fallon Mo. city leaders push justice center r... Thu st louis 2
Who do you support for Sheriff Thu werpraying 3
Drug houses in st charles Thu st charles 5
NARC in st charles Thu st charles 2
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Wed CLUE 6,909
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lake St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake St. Louis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••