Breaking News: Three Alarm Fire Reported At GM Plant

Full story: Fox2Now 38
Fire crews are responding to a three alarm fire at the General Motors plant in Wentzville, Mo. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Troy, MO

#1 Feb 19, 2010
Fox 2 had it first.
Anonymous

Troy, MO

#2 Feb 19, 2010
Really? First? I read it at sccworlds.com before it was posted here.
Anonymous

Troy, MO

#3 Feb 19, 2010
Ok. It didn't show up in google news search when searched it.
Anonymous

Troy, MO

#4 Feb 19, 2010
I guess sccworlds.com can usually cover St. Charles County quicker than a St. Louis station.
pets

Sullivan, MO

#5 Feb 19, 2010
sounds like a way to collect some money to me going broke why not burn it down and collect insurance money!
EarthGranny

Foristell, MO

#7 Feb 20, 2010
Pets:
I know that you were just kidding. Big corporations are usually self insured so there is no gain for torching. Even one more job lost in the USA will eventually cost all of us. And recently Toyota has proven to be no better.
No Pets Allowed

Saint Ann, MO

#8 Feb 20, 2010
Pets, I'll bet you drive a Toyodor and wonder why you're unemployed...
Honder Accordingly

Saint Charles, MO

#9 Feb 21, 2010
I drove by the GM plant yesterday. FOund it strange that on the GM backlot was a bunch of FORD trucks waiting delivery.

Also found it rather funny to see the UAW Hall with just a few cars on it, but a sign saying 'no foreign cars allowed'. I proudly drove my Honda across the lot and looked at the GMs and Dodges on the lot- some that were assembled in Mexico and Canada.

Do those thick-skulled UAW workers not know that Canada and Mexico are foreign countries?
Ponder this Honder

Kansas City, MO

#10 Feb 21, 2010
Does it not occur to you that the profits from Canada and Mexico are coming back into the U.S Economy because GM, Ford, and Chrysler are American companies? And that every time you buy a foreign auto the profits go right back overseas? Or did you not get your recalled Honda into the dealer before the airback went off...speaking of thick-skulls I hope you have one. he
Honder Accordeingly

Saint Charles, MO

#11 Feb 21, 2010
My Honda has not been recalled. It has no issues known of it's airbag- or any other items.

As for your other point, it's OK to buy a car built by foreign workers because the profits come back to the US economy? Really? How do you figure that? The automakers in the US are sending more of their production to other countries, paying those workers lower salaries, and paying other workers in that country to build the plants for assembly. Sound like little is coming back into the economy except for the portion going to Corporate management. Now, a Toyota built in Tennessee has some other issues, the profit there goes to the Corporation in Japan. That same corporation then has to pay for the AMERICAN workers assembling the vehicles here in America. Those workers work in plants built by American workers. Those workers in America get paid for their labor.
So- it has become a much more difficult thing to talk about a foreign car. What once was American may be more foreign and what was once foreign could now be more American.

So, maybe people need to look deeper into things than the "Honda/Toyota/Nissan is a foreign car" argument that is outdated.
Ponder this Honder

Kansas City, MO

#12 Feb 22, 2010
Did it ever occur to you that the reason these U.S. automakers are making more vehicles overseas is because people are willing to buy foreign cars built on cheap labor rather than support your neighbor. And Senators, such as the ones who hid the Toyota problems, are willing to sell out America for their own benefit. I will agree that things are a bit cloudier than before but we are headed down a dangerous road and i hope, for the future of our Economy, we are not driving that road in a Toyota without brakes.
Honder Accordingly

Saint Charles, MO

#13 Feb 22, 2010
Did it ever occur to you that the reason US Automakers are making more cars overseas is because the Unions want too high of a wage to produce an inferior product.

And you still didn't get it- buying a Chrysler made in a foreign country does not support your neighbor. So your claim that buying a such a car is good for America is false. As for the Toyotas without brakes, many were built with American workers in the USA. Guess that undermines your comments too.

And, in case you didn't know, many AMERICAN cars are being recalled. About 100,000 Pontiacs are recalled due to acceleration issues. Those cars were built in Fremont, CA. AMerican workers, American cars. Recalled!

About 50,000 Chrysler products are recalled currently because the good old USA Union workers seem to have forgotten to install a bolt. Not really an important bolt, just one that holds the front wheel on the car.

So again, many cars have defects, and many are made in the USA and many in foreign countries. So, complain about poor quality, but stop debating on the grounds on 'Foreign Automakers'. It only makes you look silly being that it is not only cars made in other countries.
Let them eat cake

Dallas, TX

#14 Feb 22, 2010
American cars are not fall apart because of poor assembly. They fall apart because they are built from cheap FOREIGN parts. I wish people would quit trying to equate poor quality with the worker. Parts are not falling off the cars. The parts are not working correctly.
Honder Accordingly

Saint Charles, MO

#15 Feb 22, 2010
Let them eat cake- your comments on here are usually pretty asinine. This on ranks right up there. So these cars are built from cheap foreign parts. Meaning the US automakers are guilt of using inferior parts on the vehicles they sell to Americans. Meanwhile, the foreign automakers are using foreign made parts that are high quality apparently, since their vehicles usually last longer with fewer issues.

You did neglect to address the issue of US made cars missing parts like bolts to hold wheels assemblies on. A missing part is neither US-mad eor foreign made- it is simply missing. The quality of the work done by the workers is at issue in that case. The worker neglected to install a vital part.

Care to explain how that is anythnig BUT a worker issue?
Let them eat cake

Dallas, TX

#16 Feb 22, 2010
Honder Accordingly wrote:
Let them eat cake- your comments on here are usually pretty asinine. This on ranks right up there. So these cars are built from cheap foreign parts. Meaning the US automakers are guilt of using inferior parts on the vehicles they sell to Americans. Meanwhile, the foreign automakers are using foreign made parts that are high quality apparently, since their vehicles usually last longer with fewer issues.
You did neglect to address the issue of US made cars missing parts like bolts to hold wheels assemblies on. A missing part is neither US-mad eor foreign made- it is simply missing. The quality of the work done by the workers is at issue in that case. The worker neglected to install a vital part.
Care to explain how that is anythnig BUT a worker issue?
When did this happen? I've never heard of new cars falling apart while driving down the road. And are you saying it NEVER happens to Japanese car? Seriously, I think your living in oblivion there pal. That's a seriously wide brush you're painting with. I'm guessing you don't work in America?
Honder Accordingly

Saint Charles, MO

#17 Feb 22, 2010
Actually, what I said is fact. DO your research. I also asked you to explain how the example is not a worker issue- which you ignored.

Yes I work in America. Have for almost 40 years. And before you ask, yes, I was born here.
Let them eat cake

Dallas, TX

#18 Feb 22, 2010
I searched....got nothing. I was hoping you could enlighten us since you already have all the "facts"

It's great to hear you're one of those dumb, lazy, American workers like the rest of us though.
Let them eat cake

Dallas, TX

#19 Feb 22, 2010
Oh, did you hear about Toyota? I heard they were in the news lately....I just can't seem to remember why. Maybe you know?
Honder Accordingly

Saint Charles, MO

#20 Feb 22, 2010
OK- obviously Toyota has recalls- major ones. But they are being villanized by the media and the US car-makers are being allowed to slip by quietly on their recalls.

I'm confused as to why YOU are calling US workers dumb and lazy. GO back and read- I never made any such implications.

You said you searched- what for? I will happily enlighten you- but on what? What is it you want to know you've not found via searches?
MrObvious

Irving, TX

#21 Feb 22, 2010
Yeah , Toyota...now that's a laugh! They saved the company a 100 million dollars by covering up their mistake...to bad it only cost more American Lives!
The list keeps getting longer every day..Corolla was just added for power steering issues...Nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 11 min Seriously 2,862
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Yellow Dawg Democrat 97,041
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 2 hr grave digger 303
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 5 hr OOTA 528
Glenhurst subdivision (Jul '13) Sat idle 84
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Sat Obama Bitches 10,212
News Briefs: DWI enforcement up in September Fri patriotinarms 1
•••
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lake St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lake St. Louis News, Events & Info