pet lover

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Mar 16, 2010
I wanted to let all you pet lovers in wentzville and lake st. louis mo that elly kelly is the worst vet to go to. She lacks bedside manor along little to no compassion for your family pet. We were trying to ask her a couple of questions about are 14 year old very sick cat. My mother has gone to her for fourteen years out of convience when the rest of the family quit going years ago.My sister called on my mothers behalf due to my mom in intensive care. My sister called her saying are cat was getting worse and did we need a diffeerent type of medication. Before my sister got an anwer elly kelly blurted out wheres my money. Now my mother has always paid her bills owes nothing except the bill that is four days old and my mother in the hospital. Do you call that a good vet. Are cat is dying with no one to discuss this with.If any of you go to her. Think about your animal. She really does not care. P.S The bill of 158 for a x-ray and some pills was paid in full in 7 days.Their are plenty of good kind vets around here. Why go to someone like that.Her place is dirty inside and out. And this is just one story out of many. I am sure she has done some good some of the time but be careful and I mean it.
Sylvester

O Fallon, MO

#2 Mar 16, 2010
Wow petlover, this all sounds so familiar. Almost like a pattern. Let me ask this, what vet did the rest of your family switch to? Offer that info,please. Because , like I said, this sounds familiar.

Go to the Wentzville page and look for a thread about Dardenne Animal Medical Hospital. Someone seemed to be slandering them as well. Someone who had similar typing styles and location as you.

Since there seems to be a pattern of slamming vets in the area, makes me wonder what vet you are.
I mean , What vet you go to.
A resident

Saint Charles, MO

#3 Mar 16, 2010
Lake Saint Louis Animal Hospital, Pierre Pratt ( I think is his name) is great and is not pushy on the special food and special flea and tick, etc. He is a good ole country vet. Highly recommend.

He's in the strip plaza in LSL off the outer road, between the LSL and Highway A exits off 70.
Sylvester

Shirley, AR

#4 Mar 16, 2010
Wow- someone who is NEXT DOOR to Elly Kelly's location is the best- that is good news. However, I still suspect some funny business when the 2 closest vets to him have been accused of being bad doctor's, but with no evidence given of it.

Actually, I've never heard of him, he may be great, and I will look at him if I have the need. But, it seems the claims against Elly Kelly are at best a complaint of her dealing with people, nit treating pets. Now rem,ember, this claim really is unsubstantiated. Same as with the Dardenne Medical claims- never stood up to scrutiny.

Seems more people would be complaining about Ely Kelly than ONE after the many years she has served the area.
pet lover

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Mar 17, 2010
Now Sylester
This is from the petlover. I also had a retreiver that went to Elly Kelly. My dog had ear infections. But plenty more of them because when my dog went to Elly Kelly she gave him a shot but never cleaned his ears. How do I know this because my dog never left the room. When I asked the girl at the desk she said I do not know why she does not clean his ears the stuff is all here. That is when I went to Dardenne Dr. Lucas which cleaned his ears out . From then on we had alot less ear infections. And I am not the one who is bad mouthing Dardene Animal hosp. They are fine Drs. So get it out of your head that I am bad mouthing all these vets. I go to all creatures on K. She gave my dog a shot and the dam needle came out in the shape of a S. How do I know that, because I was their. Also my mothers cat left her office last tuesday. Last words from Elly Kelly give this drug and see if breathing gets better. Are beloved cat died during the night last night. I am saying this is not her fault but maybe say your cat might not make it or something.As for as more people complaning of her. Do you have eyes. Is the parking lot full EVER. I know plenty of people complain of her they just do not post it.Also I am sure she owns the house and the land. And alot of property in New Melle. She does not need the money I suggest you go their. Before you kennel your dog see what the facility and operating room look like.OK Good luck.I am not going.
pet lover

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Mar 17, 2010
One more thing selvestor
I am for the first time complaing on line about anything. I am not a vet. Just a person that does not trust elly kelly nor like her. Nothing more then that. And I want people to really think about who is taking care of their beloved pets. You are reading way to much into the complaint. You have alot I time on your hans. I will say again me personally I DO NOT CARE FOR HER
John obrien

United States

#7 Mar 30, 2011
Been going to Elly for 11 years. No bad experiences.
LSL Mom

O Fallon, MO

#8 Sep 28, 2011
I used to take our animals to Elly Kelly but I started to notice that the office and rooms were old, smelly and in need of a good cleaning. The Dr. also seemed in need of a bath.
LSL Mom

O Fallon, MO

#9 Sep 28, 2011
The BEST Vet is Dr. Stan Carter at Carter Pet Hospital on Hwy N
Dog Owner

O Fallon, MO

#10 Dec 28, 2011
I've been taking my dogs to Elly Kelly for 25 years. She's very candid and straight forward which could be translated as bad bedside manner. Still no real complaints here.
In the Know

Los Gatos, CA

#11 Dec 29, 2011
OUR, not are. OUR cat.

I feel much better now.
I hate stupid people

Saint Peters, MO

#12 Dec 30, 2011
The people complaining about Dr Lucas were employees that got fired. Dr Lucas was our vet for both of our rottwielers. I liked him. Dr kelly used to be our vet. She was kind of mean but she did treat our animals well.
Johnson family

O Fallon, MO

#13 May 14, 2013
We have been going to Dr. Kelly for many years with our cats and dogs and we have always been happy with her. She has a lot of knowledge and experience and she doesn't sugar coat anything and won't try to have you pay for any unnessarry tests or procedures. As a pet owners, I believe it's our responsibility to clean our dogs ears. Our pets would prefer us doing it anyway. I would recommend Dr. Kelly.
Sofa King Smart

Chesterfield, MO

#14 May 15, 2013
Pet Lover: You stated "She gave my dog a shot and the dam needle came out in the shape of a S. How do I know that, because I was their."

But medical needles do not bend, they break (if too much force is applied). They are tempered to withstand flex, but will not stay in a bent position. Unless your dog was a heat treating furnace, this is simply not true. Science wins.

PS - you were there, not thier.
best vet around

Tulsa, OK

#15 Aug 30, 2013
Dr Kelly is great, when she is giving you information she is straight to the point and sugar coats nothing, would recommend her to anyone
Zip Sherman

Saint Charles, MO

#16 Nov 19, 2013
We have been seeing Doc Kelly for about 7 years I think with our rescued dogs. From one extreme to the other she has given our fur kids the best treatment, and even nursed us through an emotional loss of one of them. They have always treated us and our dogs with respect and dignity, We have passed the word onto others many times without hesitation, and will continue to do so,

There is something to be said in this age of "todays newest and greatest", for the country doctors and their ways, be they for people or animals. We appreciate these people and their dedication to their patients, I will agree the $$ are always a factor, but they have never come first!
Zip Sherman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of Mark and Pam Hupp in O'Fallon, MO (Dec '14) 11 min jernie06 150
Poll Is Fairview Manor Trailer Park a nice place to ... (Aug '10) Aug 18 Justin 35
Pam Hupp cancer story Aug 18 3rd times a charm 4
Deer Creek extension now open! Aug 7 Cometstorm 2
stephanie michelle rufkahr Jul 29 Alex 4
Timothy McFarland (Aug '13) Jul '16 ummm 20
City of Wentzville being sued in Federal Court (Nov '13) Jul '16 Concerned Citizen 30

Lake St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake St. Louis Mortgages