Man Accused In SD Teen's Death Pleads...

Man Accused In SD Teen's Death Pleads Not Guilty

There are 16 comments on the CBS Local story from Oct 8, 2011, titled Man Accused In SD Teen's Death Pleads Not Guilty. In it, CBS Local reports that:

TV reports that 28-year-old James Harris of Anoka, Minn., pleaded not guilty on Friday to charges of drunken driving, hit and run, and vehicular homicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Oct 8, 2011
what is the big deal about a plead of not guilty ..automatic if you want a jury trial ...
HA HA

Seattle, WA

#2 Oct 8, 2011
It's an open-and-shut case. There shouldn't even be a trial. Who cares what his plea is? Shoot him in the face and bury him in the back yard. Next?

Since: Sep 11

Joliet, IL

#3 Oct 8, 2011
HA HA wrote:
It's an open-and-shut case. There shouldn't even be a trial. Who cares what his plea is? Shoot him in the face and bury him in the back yard. Next?
Too bad for you that the KGB isn't still operating. You would've had an excellent career there.
HA HA

Seattle, WA

#4 Oct 8, 2011
Mockingbird Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad for you that the KGB isn't still operating. You would've had an excellent career there.
To many resources are wasted on the guilty. I don't break the law. Why can't everyone else do the same?
HA HA

Seattle, WA

#5 Oct 8, 2011
Oh, I lied. I do break the law. I typically set my cruise control five mph over the speed limit.

AND THAT'S IT!

That's why I have such a position on crime. It's easier NOT to commit crimes than to just live your life in peace. What the hell are you trying to justify, Franklin?

United States

#6 Oct 9, 2011
HA HA wrote:
Oh, I lied. I do break the law. I typically set my cruise control five mph over the speed limit.
AND THAT'S IT!
That's why I have such a position on crime. It's easier NOT to commit crimes than to just live your life in peace. What the hell are you trying to justify, Franklin?
I'm not justifying anything, or excusing any crime. I do understand where you're coming from, but I would ask you to think about how that would affect our freedoms. Our legal system is far from perfect, but I am proud that I live in a country where EVERYONE has the right to a fair trial.

Your solution is in essence a lynch mob. Some people are obviously guilty and probably do deserve to be strung up then and there, but our constitutional rights are an all or nothing deal. It's better that ten guilty men walk free than one innocent man suffer or die.

I take my bill of rights very seriously.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#7 Oct 9, 2011
<quoted text>
I'm not justifying anything, or excusing any crime. I do understand where you're coming from, but I would ask you to think about how that would affect our freedoms. Our legal system is far from perfect, but I am proud that I live in a country where EVERYONE has the right to a fair trial.
Your solution is in essence a lynch mob. Some people are obviously guilty and probably do deserve to be strung up then and there, but our constitutional rights are an all or nothing deal. It's better that ten guilty men walk free than one innocent man suffer or die.
on the cabbie thread he/she called me un-intelligent , but a kudge will enter a plea of not guilty for you if you can not , that insures your right to a jury trial...by law ..

there are 4 bases of the plea..
1) the plea is one of the major differences between criminal procedure under common law and procedure under the civil law system....under common law, a plea of guilty by the defendant waives trial of the charged offences and the defendant may be sentenced immediately.......this produces a system under American law known as plea bargaining.
HA HA

Seattle, WA

#8 Oct 9, 2011
<quoted text>
So do I. And there are too many amendments. Too many precedents. Too many loopholes. My position may seem extreme but, I bet if it was implemented, crime rates would flatline quickly.
HA HA

Seattle, WA

#9 Oct 9, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
on the cabbie thread he/she called me un-intelligent , but a kudge will enter a plea of not guilty for you if you can not , that insures your right to a jury trial...by law ..
1) the plea is one of the major differences between criminal procedure under common law and procedure under the civil law system....under common law, a plea of guilty by the defendant waives trial of the charged offences and the defendant may be sentenced immediately.......this produces a system under American law known as plea bargaining.
I didn't call you anything, but if you have a guilty conscience...

Joliet, IL

#10 Oct 19, 2011
HA HA wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I. And there are too many amendments. Too many precedents. Too many loopholes. My position may seem extreme but, I bet if it was implemented, crime rates would flatline quickly.
I'm not so certain it would make crime rates drop, but it would make our bill of rights flatline quickly.

Joliet, IL

#11 Oct 19, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>

I have noticed that some people on here think that if you disagree with them then you're stupid. For what it's worth unintellegnt is not a word I'd use to describe you.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#12 Oct 19, 2011
<quoted text>
I have noticed that some people on here think that if you disagree with them then you're stupid. For what it's worth unintellegnt is not a word I'd use to describe you.
a good morning to you

Joliet, IL

#13 Oct 20, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
a good morning to you
Good Morning. I can't sleep again, but I don't work tomorrow so I'm not bothered by it. I truly hate those nights when I can't sleep, and knowing how horrible I'll feel in the morning. Am I remembering correctly that you said you were a veteran? I just read a book written by a Vietnam veteran, and I'm curious to know what other veterans would think of it. It's titled "What It's Like To Go To War", and focuses on the psychological, emotional, and spiritual impacts of war, and how war affected him and how he's dealt with it. He also gives his views on how the military can better prepare soldiers before, and help them after. It just occurred to me you might like the book... Is that presumptuous of me since I don't know you? Maybe, but oh well.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#14 Oct 20, 2011
<quoted text>
Good Morning. I can't sleep again, but I don't work tomorrow so I'm not bothered by it. I truly hate those nights when I can't sleep, and knowing how horrible I'll feel in the morning. Am I remembering correctly that you said you were a veteran? I just read a book written by a Vietnam veteran, and I'm curious to know what other veterans would think of it. It's titled "What It's Like To Go To War", and focuses on the psychological, emotional, and spiritual impacts of war, and how war affected him and how he's dealt with it. He also gives his views on how the military can better prepare soldiers before, and help them after. It just occurred to me you might like the book... Is that presumptuous of me since I don't know you? Maybe, but oh well.
nothing prepares you for death, but it's affects which can be addressed ...

people don't see all of the aspects ... like a child with their hands wired together behind their back an a small hole in the back of the head and roll that child over and there isn't a face

Joliet, IL

#15 Oct 20, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing prepares you for death, but it's affects which can be addressed ...
people don't see all of the aspects ... like a child with their hands wired together behind their back an a small hole in the back of the head and roll that child over and there isn't a face
I cannot fathom what it all must have been like. When I was a kid my friend's dad was Vietnam Vet, and a couple times when I was sleeping over he had some serious flashbacks, night terrors. It was scary because he was such a laid back friendly guy.
I agree, I don't think a person could ever be prepared for death, but his belief was that there should be some emotional/mental training which would give them some tools to help deal with the stresses, and so they'd have some idea of what could happen. It's easier to deal with and counter a blow if you see it coming.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#16 Oct 20, 2011
<quoted text>
I cannot fathom what it all must have been like. When I was a kid my friend's dad was Vietnam Vet, and a couple times when I was sleeping over he had some serious flashbacks, night terrors. It was scary because he was such a laid back friendly guy.
I agree, I don't think a person could ever be prepared for death, but his belief was that there should be some emotional/mental training which would give them some tools to help deal with the stresses, and so they'd have some idea of what could happen. It's easier to deal with and counter a blow if you see it coming.
in truth, it has affected all vets, from the American Revolution to today and tomorrow ..
Nam enhanced it because we came back to an America that despised us because we were symbolic of the establishment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Preston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Preston Music Forum (Mar '13) Mar '16 Musikologist 8
Any girls in Oldham for nsa fun. (Sep '15) Feb '16 Hardguy6969fuck 2
local girl for no strings..!!! Feb '16 ste 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in South Dako... (Oct '10) Jan '16 gi joe 12
Kingsbury County Sherriff Department (Apr '07) Dec '15 shadow keeper 27
Girls in oldham (Nov '14) Sep '15 Sizzling sex 5
Money for sex (Aug '15) Aug '15 Welshbigboy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Preston Mortgages