Lake Placid accountant to run for Con...

Lake Placid accountant to run for Congress

There are 2 comments on the Press-Republican story from Jun 17, 2009, titled Lake Placid accountant to run for Congress. In it, Press-Republican reports that:

A Lake Placid accountant has joined the race for the soon-to-be-open seat in New York's 23rd Congressional District.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Republican.

muzzy

Ithaca, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2009
Lake Placid, I've heard that name, isn't that where Olympic hopefuls go to train? I never heard of a politician coming from Lake placid. Maybe it is just too far north.

I heard from a reliable source that it took whopping bucks to spend the night in lake Placid.

I was up there a few years ago, actually it was Grindstone Bay, out side of Tupper lake. I was a guest at one of those Great Adirondack lodges. The place had twelve bedrooms, 12 and one half baths, indoor workout room, basketball court and ping-pong room. Outside it had a sand beach, cabana and a boat house with a dozen boats in it. and it was a 2 and one half mile ride from the road to the main house. It had indoor and outdoor caretakers a boat man and a variety of others.

Could this be the guy running for office, if it is I'll vote for him if I get an invite back.

Money, money and more money that is what getting elected to congress takes.

Prsonally, I prefer poverty, there's less to think about and soooooo what if everybody looks down their noses at you, that is the way it is.
muzzy

Ithaca, NY

#3 Jun 18, 2009
This place had a touch of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby" and a little of Theodore Dreiser's, "The American Tagedy."

The music was straight out of the roaring twenties. Everybody was dancing and then Daisy came on the scene, I got one of the canoes and paddled around the point with Daisy, her husband was busy drinking and never missed us. We planned how to get away for days, this was is it, I beached the canoe. After a romantic interlude we head back to the party, Jake, her husband was still at the bar, and never missed her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Placid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indian athlete who overcame the travel ban arre... Mar 15 Community Disorga... 33
Mike tyler (May '16) Mar 13 Jo Cur 32
Review: ABC Auto - Wilmington, NY (Dec '13) Mar 11 White 8
Hardhack/American Hornbeam Mar 7 freecloud53 1
Hardhack, American horrnbeam Mar 7 Mike 1
News Uh Oh! Schumer Pulled Visa Strings For Muslim A... Mar 4 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News Uh Oh! Schumer Pulled Visa Strings For Muslim A... Mar 4 NY conservitive 1

Lake Placid Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Placid Mortgages