Dude Ranch Peeekskill in the 60s and 70s
lourac101

Deer Park, NY

#1381 Jun 19, 2011
clarkelyoung wrote:
My mother, who turns 84 in July 2011, has an 8mm film of my two sisters and me at Peekskill Dude Ranch when I was about 12 years old (DOB 1951), so the year was probably 1963 or 1962. I rode "Rocky" every day. I was too young to be aware of the "educational" activities being offered. More to the point, the 8mm film shows the barn, a couple of trail rides (including Wranglers), and the main building. I laughed when I read it's now an orthodox Jewish seminary.
i too have movies of peekskill back in the day went there from the time i was 10 to 17 (dob1954) had great time even my brothers went till about 1971
michael-maguire- ireland

Magherafelt, UK

#1383 Sep 5, 2011
I have decided to join the Peekskill Dude Ranch hall of fame--I am one of the Irish waiters who worked there in the summer of 1974.I hope you are all doing well.
Brenda

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#1384 Oct 13, 2011
Bill Davey wrote:
It is so nice to read and remember about the good old days of peekskill and cimarron dude ranchesBr.
i was wondering if any of you ever went or worked at "top of the hill" or "Stanbrook" dude ranches operated and owned by a man named Stanly Brooks.???
I knew Stan Brooks and his nephew who married my aunt. I am trying to locate Stan's grandchildren.

Brenda
Jarlath

Nottingham, UK

#1385 Oct 14, 2011
michael-maguire-ireland wrote:
I have decided to join the Peekskill Dude Ranch hall of fame--I am one of the Irish waiters who worked there in the summer of 1974.I hope you are all doing well.
Hithere Mickey,
good to see your posting. Hope all is well.
Alice Brooke Robertson

Durham, NC

#1386 Oct 26, 2011
Bill Davey wrote:
It is so nice to read and remember about the good old days of peekskill and cimarron dude ranches.
i was wondering if any of you ever went or worked at "top of the hill" or "Stanbrook" dude ranches operated and owned by a man named Stanly Brooks.???
Stanley Brooke who owned Stanbrooke was my uncle and I used to work up there on weekends. The dude ranch was in Clnton Corners Near Rhinebeck. Lots of memories there.
Alice Brooke Robertson

Durham, NC

#1387 Oct 26, 2011
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Stan Brooks and his nephew who married my aunt. I am trying to locate Stan's grandchildren.
Brenda
Stan never had grandchildren of his own. Who was your Aunt? The only nephew Stan had was my brother!!! Stan married Kay J. who had children and they had children who could be considered his grandchildren but that was it.
Brenda Herman Monaco

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#1388 Nov 1, 2011
Alice Brooke Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stan never had grandchildren of his own. Who was your Aunt? The only nephew Stan had was my brother!!! Stan married Kay J. who had children and they had children who could be considered his grandchildren but that was it.
I believe that my Aunt, Pat Herman married a nephew of Stan Brooke's and had 2 children that were adopted by her new husband Syd Brooke at the time. My uncle, Sandy Herman was married to Pat and then divorced and she married Sydney Brooke, the nephew of Stan Brooke. That is my understanding and the information that I have in documents. I am trying to locate Karen and Ricky who were the adopted sons of Pat and who were then adopted by the nephew of Stan Brooke who she married.
Alice Brooke Robertson

Durham, NC

#1390 Nov 1, 2011
Hi Brenda
Well, Syd is my brother and he and Pat were married. Pat died approx 13 years ago.
I am in touch with Karen & Ricky occasionally. What I will do is ask Karen if she wants to hear from you and then the same with Ricky. I cannot give out their info without their approval. I hope you understand that. I knew Sandy and Pat when I was really young when I went to visit Stanbrooke as a kid. I remember when they adopted the kids never seeing into the future and knowing Pat would become my sister in law. If you want to get in touch with me - I am on facebook or [email protected]
michael-maguire- ireland

Magherafelt, UK

#1391 Nov 2, 2011
Hi Jarlath:I hope you are doing well.Did you travel the journey(on Google Streetview) from South Division Street,Peekskill via Maple Avenue to 154,Furnace Woods Road,Corlandt Manor(the site of the ranch)? It's not exactly "Route 66" but it was a Great American Journey for me when I walked it,in the sweltering heat of that Westchester County,N.Y. summer of 1974!
Jarlath

UK

#1392 Nov 2, 2011
michael-maguire-ireland wrote:
Hi Jarlath:I hope you are doing well.Did you travel the journey(on Google Streetview) from South Division Street,Peekskill via Maple Avenue to 154,Furnace Woods Road,Corlandt Manor(the site of the ranch)? It's not exactly "Route 66" but it was a Great American Journey for me when I walked it,in the sweltering heat of that Westchester County,N.Y. summer of 1974!
Yep Mickey,
did that virtual journey after you suggested it. All that was missing were the fire flies. Hope you're keeping well.
Fond memories.
Jarly alias Jarlath
Alice Brooke Robertson

Durham, NC

#1393 Nov 4, 2011
You can contact me - Karen would like to hear from you - Email me and I will give you her numbers to reach her at!
joe sack

White Plains, NY

#1394 Dec 31, 2011
fox whats up u going to stop by work every sat. night
kevin conway

Fresno, CA

#1395 Dec 31, 2011
I went there as a ten year old in 1957. Who was the owner and younger woman who committed suicide there?
Allen Bettigole

Harwinton, CT

#1396 Jan 29, 2012
I attended day camp in 1960 and was 10 years old, was telling my wife about the Peekskill Dude Ranch and asked her to look it up. So here I am, now 61. I ran upstairs and got out my scrap book. I still have in my possession the Ribbons I won barrel racing. Maybe someone remembers these horse's. Blue ribbon, Hylo, Red ribbon Gray Lady, White Ribbon, Rusty, White Ribbon, Gray Lady. I had the best time of my childhood at the Ranch.
rick269

Deland, FL

#1397 Jan 30, 2012
Allen, remember those horses well I worked in the barn for many of yrs it was the best of times for everyone who ever went there or worked there. read some of our posts it well let u back to those days have a good year rick
Karen wolf-branigin

Washington, DC

#1398 Feb 1, 2012
I was at the ranch only one time, few only a few days, with family and several neighbors. We had a wonderful time, best vacation ever! family style meals, riding all day, and meeting people from al over the place. Fun times!
rick269

Deland, FL

#1399 Feb 2, 2012
Karen wolf-branigin wrote:
I was at the ranch only one time, few only a few days, with family and several neighbors. We had a wonderful time, best vacation ever! family style meals, riding all day, and meeting people from al over the place. Fun times!
for any one that ever went there will remember the ranch
mike

Middletown, NY

#1400 Feb 4, 2012
Kevin Nelson NY wrote:
I remember going to the Peekskillin 1968, but now have agirlfriend who lives in Peekskill. Would love to know exactly where it was located so that we could drive by, and see if it is still there. I just showed her a keychain that my aunt found with the Peekskill logo on it.
its a jewish school now and it looks like shit
mike

Middletown, NY

#1401 Feb 4, 2012
Im looking at all the good things you guys did ther im a 19 year old bay that went to the school that is ther now just looking at it you se it was a great if anyone can email pic of the tomes it was a ranch at [email protected]
Joe Gallagher

Ireland

#1402 Feb 5, 2012
Jarlath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep Mickey,
did that virtual journey after you suggested it. All that was missing were the fire flies. Hope you're keeping well.
Fond memories.
Jarly alias Jarlath
Hi Jarlath and Michael I will try that trip.Hope you're both well.If ever you come to Dublin mail me in advance, I'd love tomeet you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Peekskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Escaping heroin's deadly trap: Difficult but no... (Apr '13) Jul 18 ztac 3
Yorktown Heights Music Selection (Aug '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 15
verizon strike in lake mohegan and aftermath Jun '16 Van Buren St Guy 3
St. Joseph's Home May '16 Sonia Correa 1
News Putnam man jailed in road-rage incident (Apr '13) Apr '13 James McCorkle 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in New York... (Nov '10) Nov '10 ray 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '10 RHS 5

Lake Peekskill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Peekskill Mortgages