Anyone from the South Bronx? 156 St A...
abcd

Hudson, FL

#21 Dec 10, 2009
The Bronx I remember was a war zone.

Firetrucks running all the time. Night and day.

Mostly at night. That was before crack hit the streets.
you are so anal

Tampa, FL

#22 Jun 4, 2010
Commenter wrote:
now where did the poster of # 16 come from and tell please why an old deserted topic, not posted since May some 6 months before, end up as the place for him to appear?
knew the area about St Annes; doubt that some kid there would be confused as to being a boy or possibly a toy; color matters not; all but result of being a cumquot.
hence, so what! oh my dear
oh, taught at PS 9
you my friend are soooooo anal.
no no no

Inverness, FL

#23 Jun 4, 2010
lost and found
----
the time goes by
----
but why 'anal'?
----
makes me want to cry
----
well at least 'sigh'
----
must, as to this event
----
die
Bloke

Jackson, NJ

#24 Jun 6, 2010
no no no wrote:
lost and found
----
the time goes by
----
but why 'anal'?
----
makes me want to cry
----
well at least 'sigh'
----
must, as to this event
----
die
Hey dickface, you still consuming valuable O2? Maybe for 6-12 months anyway.
Mirta Viole Rodriguez

Hauppauge, NY

#25 Sep 28, 2011
I grew up on 156th Street and St.Anns Avenue. We lived on 747 St. Anns Avenue
back when at 30

Inverness, FL

#26 Sep 28, 2011
Mirta Viole Rodriguez wrote:
I grew up on 156th Street and St.Anns Avenue. We lived on 747 St. Anns Avenue
gee went to school there way back when - you, dates ?
harry

Fajardo, Puerto Rico

#27 Jan 7, 2012
yes, i remember the good old days growing-up at 716 Saint Anns ave... the tall building... my friends Manny, fat Joe, Chico, johnny, Bambino.Tiger. pepe,allan,ted,robert,dead eye, chino,tony,Miguel, Carlos, Bozo, Appachee and his brothers,and willy we all grew-up their. playing ball on the streets in front of the train tracks was fun. using the school's park (Bronxland JHS 38)for our fun things were amazing. Thanks God I left to Puerto Rico when I began to create a gang named the Young Sindicates. later they became the appachies, and many of them passed over to the skulls. I was also a member of the social seven, but later we united with the Young Lords. In 1969, I was sent to P.R....and I passed my boys to Appachee. One day I'll write a story about those days, Hi to you too Weslly, and to Rose, Tuta, Coorie, Maria, Nancy, Aida, Carmen, Juanita,and all the others.
sad

Pinellas Park, FL

#28 Jan 7, 2012
poor dumb 'harry'

illllliterate then and now

knew you, and yours then and now

you were always__________

[ yes ..... dumb....post to a florida forum for answers on 'da bronx'= sure why not ]
harry

Fajardo, Puerto Rico

#29 Jan 8, 2012
Sorry for the spelling errors that I have made

on my short article. I'll try to do my best on the next one.
Growing up on 156 St. and Saint Anne has been one of my great knowledge. We were the first one to move to building 716 on the fifth floor.

Manuel Torres and I became good friends, later Jose appeared. The building across was 720. The space between both buildings was our play area. For our family it was safe. Later on, the Europeans Americans began to move away. To think that it all began in 1954 when I was two years old. As time past, the two buildings began to be crowded by the new immigrates.
sad

Pinellas Park, FL

#30 Jan 8, 2012
harry wrote:
Sorry ...
so sad ------- ain't the same..........
Harry

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#31 Nov 24, 2012

Hi to all my Bronxland followers. I never thought by just asking a simple question was going to motivate twenty-eight people to answer the question; Anyone from the South Bronx? 156 St. and Saint Anns Ave. My goal was to get some attention from my childhood friends.
May God Bless all the people that have enjoyed their thanksgiving and for those that couldn't enjoy nothing in this rich powerful nation, our Lord too gave them more blessing that any person can imagine.

who school prinipal there

Tampa, FL

#32 Nov 25, 2012
Harry wrote:
Hi to all my Bronxland followers... our Lord too gave them more blessing that any person can imagine.
remember Miss Riley?
Run26

Oceanside, NY

#33 Nov 25, 2012
I remember George's Nut House by 83rd. Long gone.
Harry

Rio Grande, Puerto Rico

#34 Nov 25, 2012
I don't remember Miss Riley, but I do remember Mr. Smith, Mrs. Fink and a cool old physical education teacher named MR....
OH, I forgot to say that Harry from Canovanas and from Fajardo are the same person.
Rick

Boston, MA

#35 Nov 25, 2013
harry wrote:
(Bronxland JHS 38)
Funny, I went to JHS 38 1962 and 1963. Last time I saw the building it was boarded up. I grew up in the Melrose Projects. Fortunately, high school open enrollment started in '64 which was a maturing experience.
Mrs has been there

Spring Hill, FL

#36 Nov 25, 2013
She taught there

your years please
Mirta Rodriguez

Hauppauge, NY

#37 Jun 20, 2014
We lived there at 747 St. Anns Avenue from 1956 to the early 60's.
and

Spring Hill, FL

#38 Jun 20, 2014
Mirta Rodriguez wrote:
We lived there at 747 St. Anns Avenue from 1956 to the early 60's.
really?

big deal
WOW

United States

#39 Jun 21, 2014
You should be nice and have some respect. Keep the negative comments to your self! BDP Boricuas Don’t play Bronx Chester USA 156 Saint ANNs’ Avenue OG. Now Spring Hill Grown A** MAN Homie
and wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
big deal
Run262

Dumont, NJ

#40 Jun 21, 2014
Don't believe everything you see on TV shows. Many areas in the Bronx have rebounded and improved since the '80s. Silver Beach resembles the rich suburbs; tree lined streets, boats, waterfront, good people, etc. Same thing goes with much of the borough. Nothing is the same as 30 yrs ago. There's improvement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Panasoffkee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fugative and wanted Jun 25 oneoften 1
Florida Panther Sighting in Spring Hill (Jun '10) Jun 24 the watcher 31
Stolen Property Being BAPTISED on Central Avenu... Jun 24 neighbors 2
50 gays Shot in Orlando...why Politics or Sex? Jun 21 OUCH 7
give 3 reasons to die as decided by others Jun 20 ANOTHER END PENDS 1
no 'yes' without 'yes' will quit Jun 19 ANOTHER END PENDS 10
where does the dollar come from? Mom? Jun 17 one on one 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Panasoffkee Mortgages