5th-grader dies in freak recess accident

5th-grader dies in freak recess accident

There are 9 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Oct 16, 2008, titled 5th-grader dies in freak recess accident. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

The schoolboy who was fatally struck by a football during recess died because his heart stopped while he was suffering from blunt force trauma.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Overreaction Coming

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Oct 18, 2008
This is an incredibly unfortunate accident....but it is just that, an accident. As Americans, we will undoubtedly overreact, sue everyone, ban football playing by young boys in school and only allow children under 18 to play with Nerf footballs, to avoid any injury whatsoever. But, if kids are allowed to play with real footballs, they will now be marked with "Caution, a sharp strike to the chest by the end of this football could be deadly." Amazing how much lawyers and ACLU types have screwed up this country!
maryjane

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Oct 18, 2008
so if the devibulator was used right away the kid would of survived ??? why have them if the staff is uneducated to use them ....?????

Since: May 08

fromLong Beach/nowinLawndale

#5 Oct 20, 2008
Im sure they ( the staff) didnt know it was heart related, they thought he was hit in the throat.

R.I.P. litttle boy, so sad.
Mom of 3

Hawthorne, CA

#8 Oct 20, 2008
Tragic. Totally tragic. You are all right, a lawyer is going to get mighty rich off of this one.
Steve

Scottsdale, AZ

#9 Oct 20, 2008
Oh great, now people are going to want to come up with a new law taking football away. I feel sorry for the kid and his family, it's a horrible accident but lets not make any new laws over it. We have more than enough already.
Elizabeth

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Oct 20, 2008
What happened to the staff and their CPR Training? As a parent of a school aged child, you put your faith in the system and recognize the staff should have reacted and saved his life! Yes, it was a freak accident, but, where was the Educators and their CPR training?
Denise

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Oct 20, 2008
"We want to make sure at Palisades that we are not doing something that is causing more psychological harm," Korach said.

Maybe something like letting that poor kid lay there and die while they do nothing?! What an idiot.
pocket pool

Van Nuys, CA

#12 Oct 20, 2008
Meat Puppet wrote:
Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique
must be used on all idiots!
joe wenings

Portland, OR

#13 Oct 22, 2008
i am sorry to hear that the boy died and i feel sorry for the parents of the boy but they will see him again he will always be in their heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Oswego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unethical Biased Psychologist Dr. David Corey o... (Apr '09) Dec '17 The_one_who_passed 28
Penny martin Oct '17 Guest 1
News Husband, wife awarded $4.5 million after failed... (Aug '17) Aug '17 We hate coos bay ... 1
Trump Pre-Pardons Cabinet (Apr '17) Apr '17 Birt 2
New Clackamas arrests and mugshots (Mar '14) Jan '17 Ivan 5
New Clackamas County Arrests (Mar '14) Sep '16 Clark 2
News Hillsboro poised for 9% water rate increase (Aug '16) Aug '16 deckone 1

Lake Oswego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lake Oswego Mortgages